How to enable missing title "Comment" attribute when ripping?

The place to discuss linux version of MakeMKV
Desinz

How to enable missing title "Comment" attribute when ripping?

Post by Desinz »

I have two systems, one Ubuntu (20.04) and one Arch. The Ubuntu MakeMKV install followed the instructions on the forum and the Arch install was through the this AUR package. Both running MakeMKV version 1.16.4

When backing up blurays where titles have comments on the disc (for example: Nordic Film versions of The Hunger Games - Catching Fire, Mockingjay part 1, and part 2) only the Arch install detects them, on Ubuntu this field doesn't show up.

The field, if present, can be seen under "Title Information" in the GUI or in the logs, if running the CLI and printing in "robot" mode, as:

Code: Select all

TINFO:4,49,0,"T6"
The code 49 is comes from:

typedef enum _AP_ItemAttributeId
{
ap_iaComment=49
} AP_ItemAttributeId;
On line 109 in:

makemkv-oss-1.16.4/makemkvgui/inc/lgpl/apdefs.h
Is there some setting to make this show up, or could it be a dependency version issue (likely the Arch install uses newer dependencies)?

The reason I'd like to be able to enable this is that it seems to give a clue (at least sometimes) to which title is the correct to backup when the disc has a great number of titles with their segments scrambled (likely in order to make backups more difficult by obfuscation)

I'll happily provide more information if needed, any help would be greatly appreciated :)