makemkv not running

The place to discuss linux version of MakeMKV
peter_irich

makemkv not running

Post by peter_irich »

Hello!

Sorry for the my English.
I have compiled and installed makemkv-1.16.3 from source in xbuntu-20.04, but it not running with message
Application failed to initialize
CANT_LOCATE_MAKEMKVCON
It is unexpectedly. Please, tell me in what the reason is and what I must do to correct the situation.

Peter.
ldv1234

Re: makemkv not running

Post by ldv1234 »

same problem here on opensuse 15.3
babst

Post by babst »

This happens to me when I quit the program when it gets stuck. Can't reopen it again until I restart my computer.

I'm ripping DVDs I dubbed from VHS and sometimes I get the "ccextractor failed" error. I've figured out the workaround, to try to extract the title again with captions box unchecked. Sometimes it says it failed and goes back to the screen that shows after it opens the DVD but before it extracts it (sorry i don't know the lingo). Other times it just hangs as if it's running the job, but no movement in progress and you can hear it's not spinning. So I cancel it with the red hand cancel button, it asks "are you sure", i say "yes", then nothing happens. So I try again, nothing happens. So I quit program. Then when I try to reopen it I get this CANT_FIND_MAKEMKVCOM" error and have to restart the computer. Huge pain in the butt if I have other things going. Is there a fix other than restarting?
mfraz74

Post by mfraz74 »

Have you tried using the PPA for makemkv at https://launchpad.net/~heyarje/+archive ... kemkv-beta ?