VNC problem

The place to discuss linux version of MakeMKV
Reverence

VNC problem

Post by Reverence »

Hello so I been running Debian 10 as my linux OS.

Recently I switched from x2go to VNC as my Remote Desktop connection and from some reason I can't longer lunch Makemhekv from the menu while using x2go it works just fine.

Both of this remote applications are using XFCE.

Can someone please assist to find for me the problem with VNC.
eladkse

Re: VNC problem

Post by eladkse »

Which VNC application are you using on the server? I know that some are not compatible with MakeMKV, as they lack support for extensions such for Xkeyboard.

I know that x11vnc and TigerVNC both work. TightVNC does not - lacks the aforementioned xkeyboard extensions.

To diagnose further, try running makemkv from the commandline within your VNC window. This should give an error message.
Reverence

Post by Reverence »

Hello eladkse thank you for your reply.

You are right I am using TightVNC and according to the error message I see the terminal: xkeyboard is missing.

Any solution for that? if not any good guide for installing x11vnc or TigerVNC on Debian 10.

Thank you!
eladkse

Post by eladkse »

There isn't a solution for TightVNC. It's just not built to support those features.

I'm afraid I can't link to a good guide to help you switch to another... it took me quite a while to figure it out myself, and I'm still not sure I have it 100% right.