1.15.4 "Application fails to initialize"

The place to discuss linux version of MakeMKV
mbutler

1.15.4 "Application fails to initialize"

Post by mbutler »

Just compiled 1.15.4 on slackware 14.2. Didn't have any problem on the build except for some warnings:

./makemkvgui/inc/lgpl/aproxy.h:74:32: warning: unknown option after '#pragma GCC diagnostic' kind [-Wpragmas]
#pragma GCC diagnostic ignored "-Waddress-of-packed-member"

Tried running it as normal and got the "Application failed to initialize" popup. Checked to make sure the libraries were found with ldd, no problem there. Looked up the popup message and came across a message about duplicate libraries, so I checked for that.

No duplicates, but the three makemkv libraries were in /usr/lib/ rather than /usr/lib64. Checked the files to make sure they were 64 bit libraries, they were, so moved them to /usr/lib64 and re-did ldconfig. After that, 1.15.4 started up properly and extracted the titles on a DVD I had in the drive.

Looked at the makefile for makemkv-oss and saw that libdir was setup for /usr/lib without a check for 64 bit installation.
Just to verify, moved the libraries back to /usr/lib, re-did ldconfig and the error returned.

Also noticed that the three makemkv libraries don't show up on "ldd /usr/bin/makemkv", so I guess they are used elsewhere.

Hope this helps -
Mark
ptrb78

Re: 1.15.4 "Application fails to initialize"

Post by ptrb78 »

I have the same problem on Arch linux but all libraries are in the correct places.
wmcclain

Re: 1.15.4 "Application fails to initialize"

Post by wmcclain »

Just a note: on Arch the AUR has makemkv and it installs with the normal methods.

Is that not working?
Capsule film reviews: Strange Picture Scroll