Ubuntu makemkv...no 'ccextractor'?! No way to uncheck.

The place to discuss linux version of MakeMKV
mael4

Ubuntu makemkv...no 'ccextractor'?! No way to uncheck.

Post by mael4 »

Love MakeMKV on my windows. Never broken, worked fine.

I switched to Ubuntu MakeMKV and it's broken. I haven't touched linux in 15 years, so I don't know everything, which is why I'm using Ubuntu. Downloaded a brand spanking new MakeMKV, got the usual interface I'm use to, tried to rip a DVD and got this error message:

Unable to execute external program 'ccextractor' as its path is not set in preferences
Failed to execute external program 'ccextractor' from location '/snap/makemkv/232/usr/bin/mmccextr'

I've searched and searched for this 'ccextractor' program and found it's probably not on my computer.

I've done some searching on this website and found a few mentions that I can 'unselect' closed caption...I see that option no where on the app. Let me make this clear: I do not care about Closed Caption, I just want this app to rip a DVD.

If there's a package I can download through the Ubuntu Software, please let me know. If I have to do it manually through the command line, I'm completely lost as I'm now 15 years a window's user, stumbling around and trying to remember how to do things. I can't see how anyone just starting out with Linux would have an easier time with this...this app just seems broken.
wmcclain

Re: Ubuntu makemkv...no 'ccextractor'?! No way to uncheck.

Post by wmcclain »

In Preferences, under Advanced, try this for ccextractor executable location:

/usr/bin/true
Capsule film reviews: Strange Picture Scroll
keithhelms

Re: Ubuntu makemkv...no 'ccextractor'?! No way to uncheck.

Post by keithhelms »

On my Ubuntu install, ccextractor is blank. I'd suggest selecting Expert Mode on the General tab, then go to the Advanced tab and erase whatever is in the ccextractor executable location.