Infinite wait with spinning disc on "Unmounting..."

The place to discuss linux version of MakeMKV
Muzer

Infinite wait with spinning disc on "Unmounting..."

Post by Muzer »

After upgrading to 1.8.1, I now get an infinite wait with a picture of a spinning disc on "unmounting..." after ripping is completed and I eject the disc using the eject button in the MakeMKV GUI. The disc itself ejects fine but the GUI still says "unmounting..." with the spinning disc even when the new one is inserted. I have to close MakeMKV and kill makemkvcon which continues to run.

Just a guess, but perhaps it's caused by the na?ve assumption that unmounting is always required? I'm guessing it's trying to unmount the disc - something that is pointless on my setup because discs are not automatically mounted. I'm running Gentoo with KDE.

Thanks!
Woodstock

Re: Infinite wait with spinning disc on "Unmounting..."

Post by Woodstock »

There are several other topics on this here... Mike is investigating.

I reverted to 1.8.0, and the problem MOSTLY goes away. Mike indicated that the problem may be in both 1.8.0 and 1.8.1.
Muzer

Post by Muzer »

Oh, sorry - I looked at the other threads but couldn't find anything similar. I must have missed it.
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

It's a bug. The 1.8.2 with the fix for this bug only is coming.
mojolobo

Post by mojolobo »

Not to beat a dead horse-- I read that v1.8.2 will fix this-- but just to add a bit of detail:

I have the same symptoms and closing and re-opening the Program gets things working again BUT--

If I do that enough times, my Windows 7 computer grinds nearly to a halt because not only are the DVDs not unmounting at the end of each rip like they always used to, but the process "makemkvcon64.exe" does not terminate when you close the Program so after a half-dozen restarts, I've got six separate copies of that (rather large) Process running at the same time, consuming nearly all my system resources.