{SOLVED}<blushes> MakeMKV not producing an MKV file

The place to discuss linux version of MakeMKV
dcbdbis

{SOLVED}<blushes> MakeMKV not producing an MKV file

Post by dcbdbis »

Downloaded the latest 1.6.3 for linux. Built it followng the wiki. No issues, no errors.

I have received a set of Blu-Ray discs as a gift. Linux is my only OS. MakeMKV did indeed copy all to the HDD and I have a bunch of m2ts files that are indeed playable. But I cannot find in my preferences, nor on my screen, any option to specify an MKV filename to output to.

So I DO have the raw data, but how do I, using this tool, create an MKV file?

Am I missing some component? System, AMD64, Ubuntu Meerkat.

Sincerely and respectfully,

Dave...
Last edited by dcbdbis on Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BitJam2

Re: MakeMKV not producing an MKV file

Post by BitJam2 »

When I choose "Save Selected Files" (after selecting "Open Blu-ray disc"), MakeMKV generates a .mkv file for each selected title on the disc. These are named something like title01.mkv, title02.mkv, etc.
dcbdbis

Re: {SOLVED}<blushes> MakeMKV not producing an MKV file

Post by dcbdbis »

I am an idiot. <blushes>

It sucks getting old.

I was not "Opening the disc" first. I was simply putting the disc in, and when you do that the only menu item active is "Backup disc".

Once I actually Opened the disc, I was able to do exactly as you described.

THANK YOU!

Sincerely and respectfully,

Dave
BitJam2

Re: {SOLVED}<blushes> MakeMKV not producing an MKV file

Post by BitJam2 »

I respectfully disagree. You are not an idiot. The UI is confusing. I remember feeling a similar frustration the first time I tried to use it. It is not clear that you have to hit the giant icon below in order to activate the rest of the toolbar icons. I suspect we Linux users have a more difficult time with this UI than Windows users but I'm not sure exactly why.