remux makemkv .mkv output to .m2ts ?

The place to discuss linux version of MakeMKV
Pajoe

remux makemkv .mkv output to .m2ts ?

Post by Pajoe »

Any one have a quick and easy solution to end up with .m2ts ?

Well. I thought I had it all figured out, the smoothest play I get over my network is using the backup feature of makemkv I create a directory for the files and use something like:

makemkvcon backup --decrypt --cache=16 --noscan -r --progress=-same disc:1 /watcher

Our AIOS HD Media player plays the directory with full HD sound etc. it's even smoother and more stable than using the "stream" option in makmkv

However, I recently purchased Watcher (Directors cut) along with 2 other BD and although Watcher plays, the default tittle is wrong and the only way I can choose to play the correct title is using the "stream" (Upnp) feature in makemkv.

.mkv files created by makemkv do not play as smoothly as the .m2ts files do so I was hoping to find an easy way to remux the mkv files. I tried ffmpeg and tsMuxer but have not found a good combination that works well. In the end I used dvdfab to rip the title to one .m2ts file but really prefer to use makemkv. Likewise, Handbrake will compress the .mkv files and they work very well but I really like how fast and easy it is to just use makemkv backup.

Thanks in advance

joe

I hate to be one of the people always asking for new features but it would be nice to have an option in makmkv to save as a single .m2ts file or be able to select titles for backup

BTW: I am using Kubuntu 12.10 & makemkv 1.710 (registered)

ON EDIT: the movie referenced above is not Watcher, but The Watchman
replica9000

Re: remux makemkv .mkv output to .m2ts ?

Post by replica9000 »

smartLabs' tsMuxeR
Pajoe

Post by Pajoe »

I had tried both the linux and windows versions using wine, neither works on many of the .mkv files I had previously made. Although it does the video it seems to have trouble with some of the HD audio tracks. It will come up with errors recognizing the files and will only use the 5.1 core rather than full HD audio. This is fine for some but not all the movies I have because I prefer to keep the full HD audio.
replica9000

Post by replica9000 »

You're right. When I posted my earlier response I only tried it with SD content. As far as I know tsMuxeR is no longer developed. I find older software has trouble dealing with HD audio in MKV, or MKV with WebM content.

You said you use the backup feature of MakeMKV? So why not use tsMuxeR before making any MKV files? I regularly use it before I create MKV files. Just select the appropriate playlist file from the backup image. Deselect the streams you don't want and it will remux any of the .m2ts files in the playlist into a single .m2ts file.