What do I have to do so that I can play the UHD content on the computer ?

The place to discuss linux version of MakeMKV
Lehmeier

What do I have to do so that I can play the UHD content on the computer ?

Post by Lehmeier »

Hello!
Finally my new computer is ready - with a Pioneer BD - RW BD-RW BDR-S13U Rev. 1.4.

You can see the files and save them (copy them from the UHD to a directory with a file manager) but unfortunately you can't play them with VLC afterwards.
The libaacs is installed and a directory ~/.config/aacs/ with the file keydb.cfg (in upper and lower case) has been created.

With Makemkv I get the following error messages:

Code: Select all

MakeMKV v1.17.7 linux(x64-release) gestartet
Disk in Ordner kopieren "/home/ralf/Filme/backup/BLACK_ADAM"
Evaluierungsversion. Es verbleiben noch 30 von 30 Tagen.
Fehler 'SCSI-Fehler - ILLEGAL REQUEST:CANNOT WRITE MEDIUM - INCOMPATIBLE FORMAT' trat auf während der Übertragung des SCSI-Befehls A30..0020..03F zu Laufwerk 'SG:dev_21:0'
Fehler 'SCSI-Fehler - ILLEGAL REQUEST:CANNOT WRITE MEDIUM - INCOMPATIBLE FORMAT' trat auf während der Übertragung des SCSI-Befehls A40..0020..03F zu Laufwerk 'SG:dev_21:0'

Fehler 'SCSI-Fehler - ILLEGAL REQUEST:COPY PROTECTION KEY EXCHANGE FAILURE - KEY NOT ESTABLISHED' trat auf während der Übertragung des SCSI-Befehls AD010..080002400 zu Laufwerk 'SG:dev_21:0'
Fehler 'SCSI-Fehler - ILLEGAL REQUEST:CANNOT WRITE MEDIUM - INCOMPATIBLE FORMAT' trat auf während der Übertragung des SCSI-Befehls A30..0020..03F zu Laufwerk 'SG:dev_21:0'

…

Fehler 'SCSI-Fehler - ILLEGAL REQUEST:COPY PROTECTION KEY EXCHANGE FAILURE - KEY NOT ESTABLISHED' trat auf während der Übertragung des SCSI-Befehls AD010..080002400 zu Laufwerk 'SG:dev_21:0'

…

Fehler 'SCSI-Fehler - ILLEGAL REQUEST:CANNOT WRITE MEDIUM - INCOMPATIBLE FORMAT' trat auf während der Übertragung des SCSI-Befehls A40..002000800 zu Laufwerk 'SG:dev_21:0'
AACS-VID kann nicht gelesen werden - höchstwahrscheinlich wird das AACS-Hostzertifikat durch Ihr Laufwerk aufgehoben
Lade aktuelle HK in /home/ralf/.MakeMKV ... 
AACS Ausgabedatei als /home/ralf/.MakeMKV/MKB20_v77_BLACK_ADAM_5DC3.tgz gesichert
LibreDrive compatible drive is required to open this disc - video can't be decrypted.
Backup fehlgeschlagen
Direkter Zugriffsmodus wird verwendet
Evaluierungsversion. Es verbleiben noch 30 von 30 Tagen.
Inhalte-Hashtabelle geladen, überprüfe Integrität der M2TS-Dateien.
Fehler 'SCSI-Fehler - ILLEGAL REQUEST:CANNOT WRITE MEDIUM - INCOMPATIBLE FORMAT' trat auf während der Übertragung des SCSI-Befehls A40..0020..03F zu Laufwerk 'SG:dev_21:0'

…

Fehler 'SCSI-Fehler - ILLEGAL REQUEST:CANNOT WRITE MEDIUM - INCOMPATIBLE FORMAT' trat auf während der Übertragung des SCSI-Befehls A40..0020..0FF zu Laufwerk 'SG:dev_21:0'
Fehler 'SCSI-Fehler - ILLEGAL REQUEST:CANNOT WRITE MEDIUM - INCOMPATIBLE FORMAT' trat auf während der Übertragung des SCSI-Befehls A40..002000800 zu Laufwerk 'SG:dev_21:0'
AACS-VID kann nicht gelesen werden - höchstwahrscheinlich wird das AACS-Hostzertifikat durch Ihr Laufwerk aufgehoben
AACS Ausgabedatei als /home/ralf/.MakeMKV/MKB20_v77_Black_Adam_5DC3.tgz gesichert
LibreDrive compatible drive is required to open this disc - video can't be decrypted.
Das Öffnen der Disk schlug fehl 
If I have understood correctly, I now have to flash the drive, but where can I find the corresponding file and what is the best way to flash it under Linux?

Many thanks in advance

Regards R.Lehmeier
Billycar11

Re: What do I have to do so that I can play the UHD content on the computer ?

Post by Billycar11 »

Sorry man new pioneers can't be flashed
I recommend you return it.

I do have pioneers with old fw if you want one see below if your in the USA or see other sellers in your region with pioneers in the seller section
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
Lehmeier

Post by Lehmeier »

I searched for a long time but nobody wanted to ship to Germany or only with horrendous costs. So I have now bought this one.

Why can't it be flashed?

Here is some more data that Makemkv displays:

Drive information
OS device name: /dev/sr0
Current profile: BD-ROM
Producer: PIONEER
Product: BD-RW BDR-S13U
Revision: 1.04
Serial number: CGDL001019WL
Firmware date: 2022-12-12
Bus encryption markings: 1B
Highest AACS version: 77

LibreDrive Information
Drive platform: Pioneer RS9201
Firmware version: ID43

Disc information
Label: BLACK_ADAM
Timestamp: 2022-11-11 11:00:40
Protection: AACS2.0/C v77
Data capacity: 60.32 Gb
Disc type: BD-ROM UHD
Number of layers: 2
Bus encryption markings: 80
MrPenguin

Post by MrPenguin »

Lehmeier wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2024 6:39 pm
I searched for a long time but nobody wanted to ship to Germany or only with horrendous costs. So I have now bought this one.

Why can't it be flashed?

Code: Select all

Producer: PIONEER
Product: BD-RW BDR-S13U
Revision: 1.04
Serial number: XXXXXXXXXXXX
Firmware date: 2022-12-12
Because its firmware is too new, i.e. >= December 2022, and so has been modified specifically to be both hostile to LibreDrive and non-downgradable.
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

Pioneer firmware update February 2023

There's a long running thread on the topic of newer Pioneer firmware.

One of the sellers on this forum will have access to Pioneer's with the older firmware. For Europe, that's Asmcom. It looks like they'll be back from holiday in a week or so.