Repeatedly Crashing

The place to discuss linux version of MakeMKV
gucurich

Repeatedly Crashing

Post by gucurich »

Hi

Makemkv keeps saying fatal error - enter new licence key then crashing. I have tried removing and reinstalling without any change. Any ideas please?

Thanks

Rich
Woodstock

Re: Repeatedly Crashing

Post by Woodstock »

Most likely you're caught at the time when the old key expires, and the new key has not been issued yet.

If you temporarily set your system date to May 30th 2023, start the program, then reset your date, you will be able to run it until a new beta key is issued.

It's unusual that a version was released just before the beta key expired, but it can happen. Those with purchased keys do not see this.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
blakerabbit

Post by blakerabbit »

Woodstock wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 5:03 pm
Most likely you're caught at the time when the old key expires, and the new key has not been issued yet.

If you temporarily set your system date to May 30th 2023, start the program, then reset your date, you will be able to run it until a new beta key is issued.

It's unusual that a version was released just before the beta key expired, but it can happen. Those with purchased keys do not see this.
But for me, it's crashing even before it asks for a new key. So how can I enter the new key when it gets posted?
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Set your system date to prior to the expiration of the key until the program starts. After it's running, it doesn't check.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
gucurich

Post by gucurich »

I can confirm changing system time works perfectly.

Thanks