Missing main movie track from 3D and UHD iso source

Everything related to Blu-ray 3D and 3D MKV files
EnotMC2

Missing main movie track from 3D and UHD iso source

Post by EnotMC2 »

I am registered and using version 1.17.1 win x64

My 2 source files for the issue / bug I am describing are both .iso - They both work okay in the hardware file player Egreat A8

The movie Green Hornet 3D 2011 bluray, with english AC3 and French DTS, does not show the main movie track in Makemkv when loading the iso file directly.
After mounting the iso file using Daemon Tools Lite, the main track for the movie does show. The main title does not show when I open the mounted iso as as disc, but when I mount it as a file (Makemkv query) I can see the main movie title. Then when I run the makemkv process from that title I can now see, there is an error message during processing as follows, which repeats many times

Error 'Internal error - Input parameter is incorrect (489)' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00021.m2ts' at offset '1915355136'
Failed to save title 2 to file G:/vshare-G/Green Hornet_t02.mkv

This "input parameter error might be caused by using the "file" instead of "disk" mode, and the main issue might be that it skips over the main movie track.
---
Also with this same Makemkv version, and posted here to avoid repetitive posts, When I open the iso file for the UHD 4K movie Charlies Angels 2000, I also do not see the track for the main movie. Unlike the 3D movie above, this does not change when I open mount the iso with daemon tools lite, and select disk instead of a file (makemkv query). However I was luckily able to convert that to an MKV using MKVtoolnix and selecting the one largest m2ts file that turns out to be the entire movie in this case.

It seems there is some issue with this version of makemkv that it skips over the largest track which is the main movie, with some disks. Many other disks / isos do not demonstrate this issue.

By the way, I also had this issue with the 3D movie mentioned above with a version of Makemkv I first got more than a year ago, and decided to update to a new version when encountering this issue.

I also tried this on another PC, it was the same newest version, but was not licensed makemkv. It was evaluation version. I do not know if I can use my license on another computer of mine. The same issues were seen for the two iso files mentioned.

Thank you for considering this issue I am reporting. Makemkv continues to be excellent application software.