BD3D2MK3D

Everything related to Blu-ray 3D and 3D MKV files
preserve

BD3D2MK3D

Post by preserve »

I've created this dedicated thread for any discussion or questions regarding BD3D2MK3D.

If you want to convert your 3D MKV file ripped with MakeMKV into an SBS file, this is a good program to use.

The author of this program is r0lZ.

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=170828

"BD3D2MK3D is a GUI to convert movies from 3D BDs to 3D MKV video files in Full or Half Side by Side, Top & Bottom or Frame sequential format, encoded in h264 with x264, or in h265 with x265, or with any command-line encoder. Since v0.87, BD3D2MK3D can also accept lossless 3D AVC+MVC files created with MakeMKV as input."
Using: ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.00
tokyodcj

Re: BD3D2MK3D

Post by tokyodcj »

I'm having a problem with 3D subtitles. When viewing the SBS image, the subtitles appear spit on each extreme side and also appear as 3D offset text in the middle of the image. See the attached screenshot. When viewed in 3D, on my 3D LG via Plex, the resulting subtitles are a mess.
screenshot from PotPlayer X
screenshot from PotPlayer X
Screen Shot 2022-05-30 at 12.57.45 PM.png (1.35 MiB) Viewed 28831 times
pukulan10jurus

Post by pukulan10jurus »

Looks like either you ripped the subtitles wrong, or your player isn't using the right settings. Have you been able to play SBS movies (maybe downloaded ones) before, or is this your first time watching 3D with subtitles on this setup?

Usually, for a SBS rip, the subtitles should be like that as well, with the PGS file having the same line 2 times next to each other. You can verify if this is done correctly by opening the movie in a non-3D player or looking at the PGS in BDSup2Sub or something.

You should see the same sentance twice next to each other, one for the left image, and one for the right image, just like the video is.

If you only see the same sentance one time, you ripped the subtitles wrong. Go back and rip them properly.

If the subtitles are ripped correctly, your player is not "SBS-ing" your subtitles, probably meaning it's doing the subtitle rendering AFTER it's overlaying the 2 SBS images, while it should do so BEFORE. PotPlayer actually has a setting where you can control this. Setting this will fix your problem in PotPlayer.

Now getting it to work properly on hardware can be a bit trickier. I have no idea how either Plex or an LG TV handles 3D content/subtitles (let alone in combination), so you're on your own there. You need to try to make sure the rendering of the subtitles happens before the 2 SBS images are overlayed to create one 3D image. When are the 2 SBS images overlayed? If Plex does this, you need to try to get Plex to "SBS" the subs. If Plex outputs 2 images and your TV overlays the 2 images you need Plex to output the subtitles untouched, with the 2 sentances next to each other.

So, depending on your setup, the way to get it to work will differ. If your TV has a SBS mode, it's probably best to use that and have Plex output everything as plain 2D, with the video and subtitles both appearing two times next to each other (when your TV is not in SBS mode, obviously).

Hope this helps.
cfbock

Post by cfbock »

I'm having an aspect ratio issue. I've not had this problem with converting any of my 3D Blu rays up to this point (probably a few dozen so far with more to go). After converting The Creature from the Black Lagoon to half SBS and half TAB I'm getting a squished image. It's not filling the 16x9 screen like it should. The aspect ratio of this film is 1.85:1 for those who don't know. This same issue is happening when I stream this film to my 4k projector or my 3D LCD HDTV (Using Plex). I'm attaching an image of what the 3D image from the half SBS converted file looks like and what the original ripped MKV looks like displayed as a 2D film (This is what the resulting 3D film should look like). Has anyone had this issue or know what could be wrong? Thanks!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/12R3eOd ... drive_link
https://drive.google.com/file/d/12TkYcm ... drive_link
widiver

Post by widiver »

I am having the exact same issue with Creature from the Black Lagoon. Did you find a solution yet?
thanks
CovertRain

Post by CovertRain »

I just had seen this thread after posting in another. Question, so this can't do 1080P and only outputs a maximum of 720P correct?