Failure to Backup Tron Legacy 3D

Everything related to Blu-ray 3D and 3D MKV files
MrBfJohn

Failure to Backup Tron Legacy 3D

Post by MrBfJohn »

The process starts just fine, but about a third of the way in I get this
Backing up disc into folder "E:/BD Backup Temp"
Evaluation version, 30 day(s) out of 30 remaining
Loaded content hash table, will verify integrity of M2TS files.
Error 'Scsi error - MEDIUM ERROR:L-EC UNCORRECTABLE ERROR' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00224.m2ts' at offset '1490681856'
Backup failed
Originally I thought maybe it was a NAS issue, but this log was from trying to copy to a local SSD with plenty of room on it.
I've made a successful MKV using the same disc, but this ended up being reduced to 2D. I'm very new to the whole MKV thing so I wasn't aware it wouldn't be possible to rip a 3D movie to MKV, which is why I tried the iso route.
The disc plays fine in PowerDVD 15, so I don't think it's the disk itself.
Is there anything I've missed?

Cheers in advance

John
Woodstock

Re: Failure to Backup Tron Legacy 3D

Post by Woodstock »

Error 'Scsi error - MEDIUM ERROR:L-EC UNCORRECTABLE ERROR' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00224.m2ts' at offset '1490681856'
Well, your drive seems to think there is a problem reading part of the disk... And, in backup mode, one error defeats the integrity of the backup, so it fails.

What happens if you use Open->Save (creating MKV files) instead of Backup? Is it just one file that has problems, or multiple?
MrBfJohn

Re: Failure to Backup Tron Legacy 3D

Post by MrBfJohn »

Cheers for the reply. When I looked REAL close, the disc had a tiny spec of dirt on it which was causing the issue. After removing it the disc backed up fine.