SOLD - UK - Asus BW-16D1HT in OWC Mercury Pro for sale

Paid services by fellow forum members. Not affiliated with MakeMKV.
michaelsft

SOLD - UK - Asus BW-16D1HT in OWC Mercury Pro for sale

Post by michaelsft »

ITEM SOLD - Monday 27th June

Hi everyone, I’m selling my ASUS BW-16D1HT in an OWC Mercury Pro Enclosure (with a couple of Verbatim BD-R XL discs (100gb) - I don’t have the boxes and since it’s a drive, probably best to do in person pick up so as not to damage the laser I guess. I’m in Stretford, Manchester, UK - If you think the laser would be OK in the post then I could pack it up well and post it sure but I honestly don’t know how well these things travel.

I bought it last year to experiment with as part of my plan to burn some super large movie files to bd-r xl discs I bought but despite buying two blu-ray players that I hoped would play the discs, I just couldn’t get any consistent results and I gave up. I’m no expert in these things.

Firmware: ASUS-BW-16D1HT-3.10-WM01601-211901041014.bin

LibreDrive Information in MakeMKV
Drive platform: MT1959
Firmware type: Patched (microcode access re-enabled)
Firmware version: 3.10
DVD all regions: Yes
BD raw data read: Yes
BD raw metadata read: Yes
Unrestricted read speed: Yes

It has the sleep bug where you need to open/close the tray before use when the drive has been idle but I do believe you can fix it by flashing some other firmware. I just never got around to doing it.

The drive hasn’t been used for a few months now so I figure I should sell it to someone who would be able to get some use out of it. I’m happy to give someone a good deal and since all I know is the price of the items online is about £80 each for the drive and enclosure and the discs are about £10 each; I guess £100 for everything would be good.

If anyone wants to add to this thread with information for potential buyers, questions or suggest a fairer price then I would very much welcome that. I’ve posted on this forum a bit trying to work with this drive and understand it so you can search my posts if you’d like. Thanks for reading!

Last edited by michaelsft on Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Compaqcol

Re: UK - Asus BW-16D1HT in OWC Mercury Pro for sale

Post by Compaqcol »

Hi do you still have the device available please?
michaelsft

Re: UK - Asus BW-16D1HT in OWC Mercury Pro for sale

Post by michaelsft »

Didn't get a response so put it on eBay and it's now sold.