New (Canada Only) Multiple Drives available ASUS BW-16D1HT - LG WH14NS40 - LG WP50NB40

Paid services by fellow forum members. Not affiliated with MakeMKV.
Dealseeker

Re: New (Canada Only) Multiple Drives available ASUS BW-16D1HT - LG WH16NS40 - LG BU40N

Post by Dealseeker »

I can attest to how well Option 3 works on Mac. I’ve yet to find a disc it won’t rip. One thing to keep in mind… on my 2020 iMac, the drive would t work until I plugged it into a high powered USB port on my thunderbolt hub. For some reason it just couldn’t get power from my iMac, even with both USB ports plugged in.
Bluntman

Re: New (Canada Only) Multiple Drives available ASUS BW-16D1HT - LG WH16NS40 - LG BU40N

Post by Bluntman »

Dealseeker wrote:I can attest to how well Option 3 works on Mac. I’ve yet to find a disc it won’t rip. One thing to keep in mind… on my 2020 iMac, the drive would t work until I plugged it into a high powered USB port on my thunderbolt hub. For some reason it just couldn’t get power from my iMac, even with both USB ports plugged in.
It pleases me greatly to hear you’re still having a great experience with the drive. Keep having fun Dealseeker!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Dealseeker

Post by Dealseeker »

Bluntman wrote:
Dealseeker wrote:I can attest to how well Option 3 works on Mac. I’ve yet to find a disc it won’t rip. One thing to keep in mind… on my 2020 iMac, the drive would t work until I plugged it into a high powered USB port on my thunderbolt hub. For some reason it just couldn’t get power from my iMac, even with both USB ports plugged in.
It pleases me greatly to hear you’re still having a great experience with the drive. Keep having fun Dealseeker!

Yeah. I’m starting to think I need 2 more bc it takes so long to rip these things. The wife would kill me though Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dealseeker

Post by Dealseeker »

Hey Bluntman,

One of the reasons I bought this one in particular is that you mentioned it was really easy to clean the laser. I thought I'd ask publicly so others can see your response but how do you go about doing that safely on these models? Mine doesn't need it yet but it's probably a good idea to stay on top of it every year or two, no?
Bluntman

Post by Bluntman »

Dealseeker wrote:Hey Bluntman,

One of the reasons I bought this one in particular is that you mentioned it was really easy to clean the laser. I thought I'd ask publicly so others can see your response but how do you go about doing that safely on these models? Mine doesn't need it yet but it's probably a good idea to stay on top of it every year or two, no?
Lint free qtips from Amazon, then a can of compressed air. Using 99% isopropyl alcohol.

The compressed air makes sure any excess alcohol evaporates.

Dealseeker

Post by Dealseeker »

Thanks! I figured as much but didn't want to mess it up if that wasn't the case :lol:
Bluntman

Post by Bluntman »

Dealseeker wrote:Thanks! I figured as much but didn't want to mess it up if that wasn't the case :lol:
Not a problem at all. Btw I wouldn’t degrease your lense until you actually start having problems ripping discs. Regards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Dealseeker

Post by Dealseeker »

Bluntman wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:17 pm
Dealseeker wrote:Thanks! I figured as much but didn't want to mess it up if that wasn't the case :lol:
Not a problem at all. Btw I wouldn’t degrease your lense until you actually start having problems ripping discs. Regards.

good to know. I'll leave it be. It's performing great atm.
ddacd

Post by ddacd »

I am interested in buying a drive. Let me now how to proceed.
Bluntman

Post by Bluntman »

ddacd wrote:I am interested in buying a drive. Let me now how to proceed.
Email or text BluntmanUHD@protonmail.com

Or 604 343 9670.

kozi801

Post by kozi801 »

@Bluntman
I am glad to have found your information, I almost bought a basic blu-ray player/burner from a shop, not knowing that I would not be able to reap uhd,4k, etc and knowing that buying a software would be very very expensive. I sent you an e-mail in order to know how to proceed.

One question I did not ask, is it quite easy to burn data only disc. with my dvd burner it is essentially drag and drop with windows 10. Obviously to do films I would use something like MakeDVD.
Corylrsn

Post by Corylrsn »

Hello everyone. I scanned over the thread and didn’t notice anything - but what pushes people towards one drive over another. Is it simply internal/external or small differences like that? Or is it something larger I’m missing?

I’m just looking to get into copying my discs on my PC and can either use internal or external. Wondering what influences peoples decision on what option they choose.

I’ll be messaging for an order soon!
kozi801

Post by kozi801 »

Will LG WH16NS40 option 2, work on a mac macbook pro/air when using it in an enclosure?
Dealseeker

Post by Dealseeker »

Corylrsn wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 4:23 pm
Hello everyone. I scanned over the thread and didn’t notice anything - but what pushes people towards one drive over another. Is it simply internal/external or small differences like that? Or is it something larger I’m missing?

I’m just looking to get into copying my discs on my PC and can either use internal or external. Wondering what influences peoples decision on what option they choose.

I’ll be messaging for an order soon!
It’s really a crapshoot. Some drives will struggle with certain discs while others may not. However, in my experience, it seems it’s more to do with the disc than the particular movie. I’ve had one or two discs not worked, I returned the movie for a new copy and it worked on that disc… YMMV. However, I’ve had amazing success with my LG/buffalo drive. I got it bc it’s usb powered and very slim. It also works well on my 2020 iMac 27”
Bluntman

Post by Bluntman »

kozi801 wrote:Will LG WH16NS40 option 2, work on a mac macbook pro/air when using it in an enclosure?
Sorry for the delay. I’ve been very busy. Yes it will work without a doubt.