New (Canada Only) Multiple Drives available ASUS BW-16D1HT - LG WH16NS40 - LG WP50NB40

Paid services by fellow forum members. Not affiliated with MakeMKV.
Bluntman

Re: New (Canada Only) Multiple Drives available ASUS BW-16D1HT - LG WH14NS40 - LG WP50NB40

Post by Bluntman »

Bump for update on Option 3 availability.
Bluntman

Re: New (Canada Only) Multiple Drives available ASUS BW-16D1HT - LG WH14NS40 - LG WP50NB40

Post by Bluntman »

Just A bump for price adjustment and availability info.
newmkv

Post by newmkv »

Hello,
I am interested in buying a 4K UHD drive/ripper with built-in flash so I can ready to use.
Pls let me know what options in Canada.
Bluntman

Post by Bluntman »

newmkv wrote:Hello,
I am interested in buying a 4K UHD drive/ripper with built-in flash so I can ready to use.
Pls let me know what options in Canada.
All options are listed at the start of this thread. My email or phone number are much quicker ways to get in touch. Regards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Bluntman

Post by Bluntman »

Bump for update to time out of town.
Tieski

Post by Tieski »

Bought the LG WP50NB40 (Portable USB Powered). The process was smooth and fast. Drive has been ripping everything I throw at it. Love the portability of it also.
Thanks very much! Happy with my purchase.
Bluntman

Post by Bluntman »

Tieski wrote:Bought the LG WP50NB40 (Portable USB Powered). The process was smooth and fast. Drive has been ripping everything I throw at it. Love the portability of it also.
Thanks very much! Happy with my purchase.
Hey Tieski,

Happy everything is going well and happy to be of service.

To the rest of my Canadian brothers and sisters. If you need to add some UHD capabilities to your life don’t hesitate to reach out.

Regards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
organicguy

Post by organicguy »

Hi everyone. I've been happily ripping my collection with my LG BE16NU50 until I started picking up 4K titles. My Stranger Things seasons 1 and 2 ripped just fine, as did Avengers: Endgame, and The Abyss (extended), but not The Abyss (theatrical), nor either Aliens, and I just tried a new Jurassic World: Dominion (disc looks flawless) and that won't work as well. So it seems my LG is struggling with triple-layer UHD discs. I'd like to buy a Pioneer (based on how everyone seems to praise them) but looking around just now I don't seem to be able to find any (although I see some sold on eBay a month ago, so maybe there's still hope). Anyone have any suggestions on how I could get a compatible Pioneer drive that will fit the bill for me? I typically do rips while at my home office desk working, so it doesn't matter if it's slow -- it just needs to work.
thislink

Post by thislink »

organicguy wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:40 am
Hi everyone. I've been happily ripping my collection with my LG BE16NU50 until I started picking up 4K titles. My Stranger Things seasons 1 and 2 ripped just fine, as did Avengers: Endgame, and The Abyss (extended), but not The Abyss (theatrical), nor either Aliens, and I just tried a new Jurassic World: Dominion (disc looks flawless) and that won't work as well. So it seems my LG is struggling with triple-layer UHD discs. I'd like to buy a Pioneer (based on how everyone seems to praise them) but looking around just now I don't seem to be able to find any (although I see some sold on eBay a month ago, so maybe there's still hope). Anyone have any suggestions on how I could get a compatible Pioneer drive that will fit the bill for me? I typically do rips while at my home office desk working, so it doesn't matter if it's slow -- it just needs to work.
Hi, my Stranger Things season 2 disc is a little bit scratched and therefore I fail to rip one of the title of the disc. I'm currently trying to recover it with ddrescue but without success for the moment. Would it be possible for you to send me the encrypted m2ts file for this specific title? Thank you in advance. If my post doesn't respect something let me know and I can delete it.
PunkAsAngel

Post by PunkAsAngel »

im also running into this issue with my LG BE16NU50 i have also been perfectly working with all my blurays . up untill i started with 4k movies . so far it has backed up around 12 titles but i have started running into a few giving me read errors . have you found a work around on this . if you upgraded what did you go with .. thanks
Gsabest

Post by Gsabest »

Hello, after zero use for the last few years my Asus drive is apparently failing and I would like to purchase another. Which of the 3 options is the most reliable, fastest. I have an enclosure for my failing Asus BW-16D1HT if that matters. I believe it’s OWC. I’m a bit reluctant to get another Asus. But if that’s the recommendation I’m ok with it. Please let me know.
BD-canoe

Re: New (Canada Only) Multiple Drives available ASUS BW-16D1HT - LG WH16NS40 - LG WP50NB40

Post by BD-canoe »

I'm looking for a drive. My old PC with the DVD reader is dead;
I purposefully replace it with no drive to get something that will work "out of the box" for my backup needs on this forum.

Here are my wishes in order of importance. I understand if they cannot all be met.
  • Works out of the box; so I need a flash service if necessary.
    Supports ripping of DVD / BD / 4K
    Multi region (I have a couple of DVDs purchased from EURO since Xmas)
    External drive, my latest PC case does not have an enclosure (flat front).
I just registered minutes ago, so I may not be able to PM for a few ? days ?

Thank you for your time,
BD