New (Canada Only) Multiple Drives available ASUS BW-16D1HT - LG WH14NS40 - LG WP50NB40

Paid services by fellow forum members. Not affiliated with MakeMKV.
Bluntman

Re: New (Canada Only) Multiple Drives available ASUS BW-16D1HT - LG WH16NS40 - LG BU40N

Post by Bluntman »

Dealseeker wrote:
Corylrsn wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 4:23 pm
Hello everyone. I scanned over the thread and didn’t notice anything - but what pushes people towards one drive over another. Is it simply internal/external or small differences like that? Or is it something larger I’m missing?

I’m just looking to get into copying my discs on my PC and can either use internal or external. Wondering what influences peoples decision on what option they choose.

I’ll be messaging for an order soon!
It’s really a crapshoot. Some drives will struggle with certain discs while others may not. However, in my experience, it seems it’s more to do with the disc than the particular movie. I’ve had one or two discs not worked, I returned the movie for a new copy and it worked on that disc… YMMV. However, I’ve had amazing success with my LG/buffalo drive. I got it bc it’s usb powered and very slim. It also works well on my 2020 iMac 27”
Thanks for covering dealseaker. Been so darn busy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Dealseeker

Re: New (Canada Only) Multiple Drives available ASUS BW-16D1HT - LG WH16NS40 - LG BU40N

Post by Dealseeker »

Bluntman wrote:
Dealseeker wrote:
Corylrsn wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 4:23 pm
Hello everyone. I scanned over the thread and didn’t notice anything - but what pushes people towards one drive over another. Is it simply internal/external or small differences like that? Or is it something larger I’m missing?

I’m just looking to get into copying my discs on my PC and can either use internal or external. Wondering what influences peoples decision on what option they choose.

I’ll be messaging for an order soon!
It’s really a crapshoot. Some drives will struggle with certain discs while others may not. However, in my experience, it seems it’s more to do with the disc than the particular movie. I’ve had one or two discs not worked, I returned the movie for a new copy and it worked on that disc… YMMV. However, I’ve had amazing success with my LG/buffalo drive. I got it bc it’s usb powered and very slim. It also works well on my 2020 iMac 27”

Any time! Hope it’s a good kind of busy Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PatchesRips

Post by PatchesRips »

Bluntman wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:31 pm
Bluntman, how do we get in touch with you? I have a Blu-ray external drive that I think might already be compatible (Buffalo MediaStation 6x Portable BDXL Blu-Ray Writer with M-DISC Support (BRXL-PT6U2VB)) and I was wondering, if it turns out that it is, if you'd be willing to flash it and what you would charge for that. :)
Bluntman

Post by Bluntman »

PatchesRips wrote:
Bluntman wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:31 pm
Bluntman, how do we get in touch with you? I have a Blu-ray external drive that I think might already be compatible (Buffalo MediaStation 6x Portable BDXL Blu-Ray Writer with M-DISC Support (BRXL-PT6U2VB)) and I was wondering, if it turns out that it is, if you'd be willing to flash it and what you would charge for that. :)
We got in touch via email.

baconpoutine

Post by baconpoutine »

Got my stuff from Bluntman a week ago and he steered me in the right direction.

Thanks again man!
Bluntman

Post by Bluntman »

baconpoutine wrote:Got my stuff from Bluntman a week ago and he steered me in the right direction.

Thanks again man!
More than happy to help. Hope you have a blast. It’s one fun hobby.

Always here to help my Canadian brothers and sisters add a little UHD capabilities to their lives!

leroadrunner

Post by leroadrunner »

Hi,

I am looking for a slim drive with SATA to be used in my Lenovo RD440 server.

I am guessing that I need a LG BU40N SATA ? Is that correct? Do you have any of those or know where I can get one.

Thanks!
Phil00

Post by Phil00 »

Hey Bluntman, from what I see you’re the go to for a 4K drive in Canada. This still true?
Bluntman

Post by Bluntman »

Phil00 wrote:Hey Bluntman, from what I see you’re the go to for a 4K drive in Canada. This still true?
Without a doubt my good man. How may I be of assistance. Email or text is the best way to reach me.

Humstuck

Post by Humstuck »

Its my second time doing business with bluntman and it was very smooth. I went for the external slim buffalo drive and so far I love it. Not many rips, only 2 but don't see any reason why it would change my opinion. highly recommended if you need a drive.
Bluntman

Post by Bluntman »

Just a bump LG WH16NS40 is back for full availability.

Bluntman

Post by Bluntman »

Bump for ASUS drive returning to regular availability!

madvillainy

Post by madvillainy »

Got a BU40N from Bluntman, shipped in a week, perfect condition, works on brand new 4k remasters of classics like The Good The Bad and The Ugly, and 2001: A Space Odyssey.
I would recommend this to any other Canadians that are looking for an easy way to rip blu rays. Thanks Bluntman!
Bluntman

Post by Bluntman »

madvillainy wrote:Got a BU40N from Bluntman, shipped in a week, perfect condition, works on brand new 4k remasters of classics like The Good The Bad and The Ugly, and 2001: A Space Odyssey.
I would recommend this to any other Canadians that are looking for an easy way to rip blu rays. Thanks Bluntman!
Thanks for the kinda words. Was a pleasure serving you. Hope you have lots of fun!

And for any of my Canadian brothers and sisters that need a little UHD capabilities in their life. Don’t hesitate to reach out.

Ecology

Post by Ecology »

Bluntman, looking for a drive for my M1 Mac. How do we get in touch? Thanks in advance!