New (Canada Only) Multiple Drives available ASUS BW-16D1HT - LG WH14NS40 - LG WP50NB40

Paid services by fellow forum members. Not affiliated with MakeMKV.
tphacker

Re: New (Canada Only) Multiple Drives available ASUS BW-16D1HT - LG WH16NS40 - LG BU40N

Post by tphacker »

I'm interesting in purchasing a drive.

Can you send me information on the purchasing details?

Thanks,
Asterix

Re: New (Canada Only) Multiple Drives available ASUS BW-16D1HT - LG WH16NS40 - LG BU40N

Post by Asterix »

I've recently purchased the ASUS drive in an OWC mercury pro enclosure from Bluntman.

Excellent service! The drive works perfectly and the enclosure is great.

If you live in Canada, Bluntman is your go-to guy for this type of drives.

Take care.
Bluntman

Post by Bluntman »

Asterix wrote:I've recently purchased the ASUS drive in an OWC mercury pro enclosure from Bluntman.

Excellent service! The drive works perfectly and the enclosure is great.

If you live in Canada, Bluntman is your go-to guy for this type of drives.

Take care.
Asterix, so happy you’re having a blast with you’re new drive. I hope you contribute to have fun taking control of your physical media.

And to the rest of my Canadian brothers and sisters out there. If you need a little 4k capabilities in your life don’t hesitate reach out.

Cheers and stay safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Bluntman

Post by Bluntman »

Just an update. Supplies dwindled on me with a blow up in demand. I guess from new lockdowns? Either way full restocked now. So if you need UHD capabilities in your life don’t hesitate to reach out.

coolspin

Post by coolspin »

Contact info?
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Contact info is in the first message on this topic.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
thenewnick

Post by thenewnick »

I am certainly interested; but when I tried to private message, turns out I am too new of a user to send one. If you would be kind enough to start the private message, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)
Luki5980

Post by Luki5980 »

Hi there,

I bought the LG BU40N from BluntmanUHD and can't recommend him enough. Shipping was very fast, the drive was packaged super well and secure and works absolutely flawlessly. It's also very portable and is powered via USB.

Communication was great and very reliable as well. Super nice guy. If you are looking for one of those drives get in touch with him. You won't regret it.

Stay safe everyone, cheers.
Bluntman

Post by Bluntman »

Luki5980 wrote:Hi there,

I bought the LG BU40N from BluntmanUHD and can't recommend him enough. Shipping was very fast, the drive was packaged super well and secure and works absolutely flawlessly. It's also very portable and is powered via USB.

Communication was great and very reliable as well. Super nice guy. If you are looking for one of those drives get in touch with him. You won't regret it.

Stay safe everyone, cheers.
Hey Luki5980,

It was a pleasure serving you. And I hope you enjoy this hobby it’s so much fun.

And to all my Canadian brothers and sisters. If you need a little UHD capabilities in your life. Don’t hesitate to reach out.

Regards to all and stay safe.

Lewishooper

Post by Lewishooper »

Hi all

Installed my LG blue-ray drive this week. The modifications done by Bluntman work perfectly with Plex. I have been using it hard for the last three days, and "it just works"

Thanks to BluntmanUHD for fast efficient service, and quick clear communication.

I considered sourcing a drive on my own and flashing it myself, but I decided to "outsource" this work. and I am glad I did, buying from him saved me several steps, and is well worth the bit extra

If you are looking to solve the blu ray on plex problem start here.
I also note that DVDs are burning much faster, all-around a real winner from my point of view.
Bluntman

Post by Bluntman »

Lewishooper wrote:Hi all

Installed my LG blue-ray drive this week. The modifications done by Bluntman work perfectly with Plex. I have been using it hard for the last three days, and "it just works"

Thanks to BluntmanUHD for fast efficient service, and quick clear communication.

I considered sourcing a drive on my own and flashing it myself, but I decided to "outsource" this work. and I am glad I did, buying from him saved me several steps, and is well worth the bit extra

If you are looking to solve the blu ray on plex problem start here.
I also note that DVDs are burning much faster, all-around a real winner from my point of view.
Hey there Lewis,

Happy it’s all working well for you. And of course thank you for the kind words.

It’s a wonderful hobby and I hope you and your plex server have many great times ahead!

And to all my Canadian brothers and sisters, if you need a little UHD in your life, don’t hesitate to reach out.

Stay safe all!

thechill

Post by thechill »

a few things did not seem clear to me. I would apprichitae if you would add those information to the first posting.

Option 1:
Does the ASUS BW-16D1HT have the sleeping bug?

Option 2:
LG WH16NS40 (WH16NS60) does this work with triple layer discs?

Option 3:
I have received a new order of rebadged BU40N in Buffalo enclosures. Cross flashed to the BU40N 1.0 firmware.
Why is this a cross flash? Reads like BU40 to BU40N to me.

Which Buffalo enclosure is it, does it supports flashing?
Bluntman

Post by Bluntman »

thechill wrote:a few things did not seem clear to me. I would apprichitae if you would add those information to the first posting.

Option 1:
Does the ASUS BW-16D1HT have the sleeping bug?

Option 2:
LG WH16NS40 (WH16NS60) does this work with triple layer discs?

Option 3:
I have received a new order of rebadged BU40N in Buffalo enclosures. Cross flashed to the BU40N 1.0 firmware.
Why is this a cross flash? Reads like BU40 to BU40N to me.

Which Buffalo enclosure is it, does it supports flashing?
Hi there Thechill,

As the asus is a friendly drive it does have the sleep bug as only official drives do not suffer from it.

Secondly yes it reads triple layer discs just fine.

Third cross flash wasn’t the best choice of words. I downgrade the firmware to 1.0 because I have had better results with it.

The enclosure does supper flashing it’s one of buffalos only slim enclosures. I’m out and don’t have the part number.

Regards

P.S. if you want personal answers just email or text me so much easier for me.

spaceCase

Post by spaceCase »

Hello I'm waiting on a new PC due to chip shortage so am stuck in the mean time with an old Mac. Wondering if you have a blue-ray drive available that will work with 4K HD and that I can use for both Mac and PC. Maybe this is necessary?
https://www.amazon.ca/Unitek-Adapter-Un ... 733&sr=8-1
Bluntman

Post by Bluntman »

spaceCase wrote:Hello I'm waiting on a new PC due to chip shortage so am stuck in the mean time with an old Mac. Wondering if you have a blue-ray drive available that will work with 4K HD and that I can use for both Mac and PC. Maybe this is necessary?
https://www.amazon.ca/Unitek-Adapter-Un ... 733&sr=8-1
All my options works with both Mac and PC. However I strongly recommend option 3. It’s my best drive and it’s going to be cheaper as an external you can move around easily. If you want an internal. You can’t go wrong with either.