(Asmcom:) Pioneer UHD 4K Drives From £117.32, Cheap Shipping, Worldwide Service, Excellent Service!!!

Paid services by fellow forum members. Not affiliated with MakeMKV.
dmgopo66

Re: (Asmcom:) Special Offers, Pioneer UHD 4K Drives From £99.99, Cheap Shipping, Worldwide Service, Excellent Service!!!

Post by dmgopo66 »

Hi Asmcom, just a quick note to say the Pioneer BDR-S12XLT cross-flashed to model BDR-S12UHT on firmware 1-02 with a Vantec DX2 5.25” enclosure is awesome! Just backed up my first 4K UHD discs (the original and new Blade Runner films), super easy and quiet to boot.
The buying process was a breeze, my questions answered promptly, delivered on time with a very well wrapped parcel.
The enclosure is much better quality than I was expecting, with a weighty feel due to being aluminium.
A pleasure doing business, many thanks.
Keith.
asmcom

Re: (Asmcom:) Special Offers, Pioneer UHD 4K Drives From £99.99, Cheap Shipping, Worldwide Service, Excellent Service!!!

Post by asmcom »

dmgopo66 wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 3:38 pm
Hi Asmcom, just a quick note to say the Pioneer BDR-S12XLT cross-flashed to model BDR-S12UHT on firmware 1-02 with a Vantec DX2 5.25” enclosure is awesome! Just backed up my first 4K UHD discs (the original and new Blade Runner films), super easy and quiet to boot.
The buying process was a breeze, my questions answered promptly, delivered on time with a very well wrapped parcel.
The enclosure is much better quality than I was expecting, with a weighty feel due to being aluminium.
A pleasure doing business, many thanks.
Keith.
Thanks Keith for the review. I appreciate your kind words and excellent review. The BDR-S12XLT Cross-Flash is excellent value for money and performs brilliantly.

Contact me anytime. It was a pleasure doing business with you. You have 2 years warranty on the enclosure and 12 months on the drive all with myself.

No need to register the Pioneer drive or enclosure as I have taken care of this for you.

The Pioneer drives are really something else and I am also very happy with my upgrades.

I currently use a BDR-XS07TUHD, and 2 Pioneer desktop drives BDR-S12XLT, BDR-212EBK both cross-flashed to BDR-S12UHT. I usually test 6 Pioneer drives at once with MakeMKV using my Dell work station. I have not yet had a disc that the Pioneer drives cannot read. Even my most difficult discs that I thought were faulty all read perfect.

Looking forward to Pionner's new range of drives.

Happy Ripping

Robin / Asmcom :mrgreen:
b***t (Fantastic service, comms and item. Best ebay experience ever)
h***i (49) Best communication ever, extremely fast shipping, excellent seller!
Click Here! viewtopic.php?f=20&t=19387
Meetal Leeka

Post by Meetal Leeka »

I just bought the Pioneer BDR-S12UHT 4K Ultra Blu-ray Drive with Vantec DX2 (Libre-Drive Friendly) from asmcom on eBay, and the service was excellent. The power supply was borked, so they replaced the entire setup free of charge within two days. Fantastic service, and I would use again should I ever need another drive, although in the nicest possible way, I hope I don't, at least for myself. :lol:

As for the drive itself, it's a beauty. The Vantec case is solid and heavy, making the entire unit very stable on my PC desk, nestled between my 5.1 surround control unit and right front speaker. I've tested its reading capabilities, and it works like a charm. With the addition of Leavo Blu-ray Player (Free Version), it even played my Region A blu-rays, something I've been meaning to get around to for some time. This makes the offer of the Leavo Media Suite rather tempting to take up, as it'll solve all my issues in one.

Thanks again, asmcom.
Arndrell

Post by Arndrell »

I would like to thank Asmcom for the excellent service I have received during and after the purchase of my new Pioneer BDR-S12UHT 4K Ultra Blu-ray Drive with Vantec DX2 (Libre-Drive Friendly) - communication was top notch with offer of assistance throughout with the drive arriving swiftly and packaged for a small war...
Every disc I have thrown through it so far has pulled down without a hesitation and both the fit and finish of the drive and its enclosure are top notch!

This is my first time dipping my toe into the world of "ripping" and with well over 1,000 titles to get through its going to be a interesting journey needing way more space added to my Synology NAS then I ever thought I would need 3 weeks ago when I bought it :lol:

Thank you Asmcom, Highley recommended!
Obsessive compulsive ripper and collector since finding Make MKV!
Converting nearly 1,200 Blu Rays and UHD in 1:1 format to a Plex library serviced by Infuse.
asmcom

Post by asmcom »

Arndrell wrote:
Sat Nov 05, 2022 2:00 pm
I would like to thank Asmcom for the excellent service I have received during and after the purchase of my new Pioneer BDR-S12UHT 4K Ultra Blu-ray Drive with Vantec DX2 (Libre-Drive Friendly) - communication was top notch with offer of assistance throughout with the drive arriving swiftly and packaged for a small war...
Every disc I have thrown through it so far has pulled down without a hesitation and both the fit and finish of the drive and its enclosure are top notch!

This is my first time dipping my toe into the world of "ripping" and with well over 1,000 titles to get through its going to be a interesting journey needing way more space added to my Synology NAS then I ever thought I would need 3 weeks ago when I bought it :lol:

Thank you Asmcom, Highley recommended!
Thanks Arndrell for the review. I appreciate the time taken and excellent review. The BDR-S12UHT is one of Pioneers flagship drive and is of very high quality as you will find out. It was a pleasure doing business with you. You have 2 years warranty on the enclosure and 12 months on the drive all with myself. No need to register the Pioneer drive or enclosure as I have taken care of this for you. If you have any problems whatsoever please contact me and I will deal with any issues that arise as I have a good relationship with Pioneer Europe.

I currently use a BDR-XS07TUHD, and 2 Pioneer desktop drives BDR-S12XLT, BDR-212EBK both cross-flashed to BDR-S12UHT. Even my most difficult discs that I thought were faulty all read perfect.

Looking forward to Pionner's new range of drives.

Kind Regards

Asmcom :mrgreen:
asmcom

Pioneer BDR-XS07T CF BDR-XS07TUHD 4K Ultra Blu-ray Drive, Now Available

Post by asmcom »

Pioneer BDR-XS07T CF BDR-XS07TUHD, 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Writer, Libre-Drive Friendly with firmware 1-01

Pioneer BDR-XS07T CF BDR-XS07TUHD, 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Writer, Libre-Drive Friendly with firmware 1-01. Now only £156.99 minus 5% = £149.14, plus postage for all MakeMKV forum members.

The performance of the BDR-XS07T Cross-Flashed to BDR-XS07TUHD is of a very high standard and the quality of the Pioneer drive is outstanding. It is excellent at burning and reading discs. This drive is a slot type drive, and it is extremely quiet in operation. The drive has read every 4K disc that I have tested, all with no problems. The drive does not have the AACS 2.0 Crypto Chip. Apart from that it has the same functions as a Pioneer BDR-XS07TUHD slot drive. This does not really make a different as most people use VLC for unofficial playback as Cyberlink PowerDVD HD as very stringent criteria relating to hardware and VLC is more straight forward.

When you now insert a disc in the Pioneer drive it reads the 4k disc within 2 to 3 seconds, none of these loud seeking noises for 10 to 15 seconds that you get with the Hitachi or ASUS desktop drives it just reads the disc immediately. I can walk away and know when I come back that the disc will be completed successfully and there will be no read errors.

eBay link below

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265976501057

Pioneer BDR-XS07T Cross-Flashed to BDR-XS07TUHD Main Features

• Blu-ray writer with 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray playback
• USB 3.1 Gen1(3.0)
• Equipped with USB Type-C Connector
• Slot Loading Mechanism
• Auto Quiet, Power-Read™, and Pure-Read 4+ features
• Up to 6x writing speed on BD-R & BD-R DL media
• Supports BDXL, Blu-ray, DVD, and CD media
• Long-term data protection with M- DISC.
• Stores up to 128GB on a BDXL Disc / 8.5GB on a Double Layer DVD / 4.7GB on a standard DVD
• Fully compliant with MDISC archiving technology
Last edited by asmcom on Sat Nov 19, 2022 1:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
nanobot69

Post by nanobot69 »

Have just purchased a new external drive from Asmcom on eBay (eBay item number:264990662673) and though I give my thoughts. I use a M1 Macbook Pro for backing up my discs so Mac users I guess will appreciate a user opinion of actual use.

The device bought a Pioneer BDR-UD04 with Verbatim Enclosure from Asmcom. It has a metal shell and is very nice :) Connects to the MacBook and operates without any problems using the supplied usb-c cable and adaptor. It also works when connected to a "Uni" branded usb-c hub connected to the MacBook. I backuped up to an external usbc drive also connected to the Mac.

I used the current release of MakeMKV an no problems where encountered. Whatever Libredrive is, it was using it. I initially test with a dvd and a 4k bluray disc.

My previous drive was a (2013) Samsung SE-506. A decent external drive in my opinion in terms of being a solid work horse. The Verbatim / Pioneer BDR-UD04 leaves it for dust when it comes to extraction speed and the initial read of the disc.

The seller Asmcom was great and having used eBay for over 20 years I can say this is the first time I felt "the seller" really wanted to be sure I was happy with what I had bought and would be willing to provide some guidance and support if I needed it. During the purchase they provided additional information to aid setting things up. They also offered a discount on a software package which was actually a genuine deal although it was not something I was interested in getting. They charge for shipping but this is a reasonable rate and the device came very well packed.

Would not hesitate to recommend both the seller and the drive.
asmcom

Post by asmcom »

nanobot69 wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:40 pm
Have just purchased a new external drive from Asmcom on eBay (eBay item number:264990662673) and though I give my thoughts. I use a M1 Macbook Pro for backing up my discs so Mac users I guess will appreciate a user opinion of actual use.

The device bought a Pioneer BDR-UD04 with Verbatim Enclosure from Asmcom. It has a metal shell and is very nice :) Connects to the MacBook and operates without any problems using the supplied usb-c cable and adaptor. It also works when connected to a "Uni" branded usb-c hub connected to the MacBook. I backuped up to an external usbc drive also connected to the Mac.

I used the current release of MakeMKV an no problems where encountered. Whatever Libredrive is, it was using it. I initially test with a dvd and a 4k bluray disc.

My previous drive was a (2013) Samsung SE-506. A decent external drive in my opinion in terms of being a solid work horse. The Verbatim / Pioneer BDR-UD04 leaves it for dust when it comes to extraction speed and the initial read of the disc.

The seller Asmcom was great and having used eBay for over 20 years I can say this is the first time I felt "the seller" really wanted to be sure I was happy with what I had bought and would be willing to provide some guidance and support if I needed it. During the purchase they provided additional information to aid setting things up. They also offered a discount on a software package which was actually a genuine deal although it was not something I was interested in getting. They charge for shipping but this is a reasonable rate and the device came very well packed.

Would not hesitate to recommend both the seller and the drive.
Thank you so much for the kind review. I appreciate your comments and will be there to help you if required. Asmcom :mrgreen:
asmcom

Black Friday Deal Pioneer BDR-X12EBK External USB 3.1 Enclosure, Cross-Flashed to BDR-S12UHT 30% Discount, £123.19

Post by asmcom »

This deal is only open to existing customers and must be MakeMKV forum members. Proof must be provided of previous orders with UHD Friendly Drives

***Black Friday Special 30% discount***

Pioneer BDR-X12EBK External USB 3.1 Enclosure, Cross-Flashed to Janpanese model BDR-X12J-UHD, with firmware 1-04. This Pioneer External Enclosure as a high build quality and High Reliability. Please see eBay.com advert below from other seller with original model which has the AACS Crypto Chip

https://www.ebay.com/itm/373860544107

Pioneer BDR-X12EBK External USB 3.1 Enclosure, Cross-Flashed to BDR-X12J-UHD, with firmware 1-04. Now only £175.99 minus 30% = £123.19, plus postage for all MakeMKV forum members.

The performance of this drive is of a very high standard and the quality of the Pioneer drive is outstanding. Brilliant at burning and reads every disc I have thrown at it. The BDR-X212EBK when Cross-Flashed as the exact same performance as the BDR-X12J-UHD, except the BDR-X212EBK does not have the AACS 2.0 Crypto Chip. Apart from that they are identical. This does not really make a different as most people use VLC for unofficial playback as Cyberlink PowerDVDHD as very stringent criteria relating to hardware and VLC is more striaght forward.

When you now insert a disc in the Pioneer drive it reads the 4k disc within 2 to 3 seconds, none of these loud seeking noises for 10 to 15 seconds that you get with the Hitachi or ASUS desktop drives it just reads the disc immediately. I can walk away and know when I come back that the disc will be completed successfully and there will be no read errors.

I can be contacted by Private message or by email at uhdfriendlydrives@gmail.com

WhatsApp +44 7742 747610
asmcom

Black Friday Deal Pioneer BDR-209EBK Cross-Flashed to BDR-S11UBK in with choice of Vantec Enclosure.

Post by asmcom »

***Black Friday Special Deal***

This Black Friday Deal is for a Pioneer BDR-209EBK Cross-Flashed to Pioneer model BDR-S11UBK, with firmware 1-53. The BDR-209EBK is probably one of the best drives ever for ripping CD's and the laser accuracy is exceptional. It is built to a very high standard and the performance of the drive is excellent.

This drive in available in a Vantec Enclosure NST-536S3-BK or NST-540S3-BK. Please see images below.

The price is £139.99 plus postage for the NST-536S3-BK & £149.99 plus postage for the NST-540S3-BK. These drives have been refurbished and tested. I am offering 24 months warranty with the enclosure and 12 months warranty on the drive.

The performance of this drive is of a very high standard and the quality of the Pioneer drive is outstanding. It is brilliant at burning and reads every disc I have tested it with. Please see the image below of MakeMKV backing up the BD100 3 layer discs. The drive read the BD100 discs without a glitch and no retry or read errors! The BDR-209EBK when Cross-Flashed as the exact same performance as the BDR-S11UBK, except the BDR-209EBK does not have the AACS 2.0 Crypto Chip which I don't think is an issue.

I can be contacted by Private message or by email at uhdfriendlydrives@gmail.com

WhatsApp +44 7742 747610
ShadowHolder

Re: (Asmcom:) Black Friday Offer, Pioneer UHD 4K Drives From £99.99, Cheap Shipping, Worldwide Service, Excellent Servic

Post by ShadowHolder »

I am curious if the method for flashing select BluRay-only Pioneer drives like the BFR-212EBK and BDR-S12XLT is public or kept a secret. I have been unable to find any guide on how to flash these drives so they can read UHD discs yourself!
Coopervid

Re: (Asmcom:) Black Friday Offer, Pioneer UHD 4K Drives From £99.99, Cheap Shipping, Worldwide Service, Excellent Servic

Post by Coopervid »

I received a cross-flashed drive Pioneer S12UHT via UPS in almost no time. Super fast. The additonal information he provides is extraordinary. The packaging is super-safe. No chance your drive can be damaged. I'm sure this drive will meet / exceed all of my expectations. Some fellows of mine will do also writing tests and checking burn results. Pretty sure this drive will end up at the top of the food chain.
asmcom

Post by asmcom »

Coopervid wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:32 pm
I received a cross-flashed drive Pioneer S12UHT via UPS in almost no time. Super fast. The additonal information he provides is extraordinary. The packaging is super-safe. No chance your drive can be damaged. I'm sure this drive will meet / exceed all of my expectations. Some fellows of mine will do also writing tests and checking burn results. Pretty sure this drive will end up at the top of the food chain.
Thank you coopervid for your positive comments in relation to our product and services. We look forward to hearing more about the burning and lab reports from your tech associates :mrgreen:

Kind Regards

asmcom

(Asmcom:) New Postage Rates for Europe

Post by asmcom »

I am pleased to annouce that I have negotiated new postage rates for Europe with USP, Fedex and DHL. The new rates are in some cases are 50% cheaper.

For example a Vantec DX2 and Pioneer drive to Germany the potage now costs £14.49 for economy and £17.87 for express and no import duty. I now have a corporate account with corporate rates.

Regards

mc855

Post by mc855 »

Thank you

Got the Archgon MD 8107S silver.

Ordered on 24th delivered on 28th. From the order until delivery really outstanding service.

If you are anywhere in Europe this is the right place to order your drive.

Highly recommended!!

Thank you so much for your great support.

I have been lurking around here but never created an account :D

Been some time that i ripped some movies streaming has been so easy and comfortable but now the prices went up so much and got me thinking.

Thanks again