(Asmcom:) Pioneer UHD 4K Drives From £117.32, Cheap Shipping, Worldwide Service, Excellent Service!!!

Paid services by fellow forum members. Not affiliated with MakeMKV.
bancroft

Re: (Asmcom:) Special Offers BW-16D1HT £84.99, BH16NS55 £61.75 Cheap Shipping, Worldwide Service, Excellent Service!!!

Post by bancroft »

Hi!

I've been a long time MAKEMKV user but have only just joined the forum so can't send a direct message.

I've been using a Samsung BluRay drive to rip DVD and Blu Ray discs but want to upgrade to something that's LibreDrive compatible. My use is pretty light and I'd prefer a compact drive ideally with as little set up as possible (but I'm not afraid to deal with whatever is needed!) UK based and looking for some guidance and what you have in stock!

bancroft
asmcom

Re: (Asmcom:) Special Offers BW-16D1HT £84.99, BH16NS55 £61.75 Cheap Shipping, Worldwide Service, Excellent Service!!!

Post by asmcom »

bancroft wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:28 pm
Hi!

I've been a long time MAKEMKV user but have only just joined the forum so can't send a direct message.

I've been using a Samsung BluRay drive to rip DVD and Blu Ray discs but want to upgrade to something that's LibreDrive compatible. My use is pretty light and I'd prefer a compact drive ideally with as little set up as possible (but I'm not afraid to deal with whatever is needed!) UK based and looking for some guidance and what you have in stock!

bancroft
Please email me and I will reply.

uhdfriendlydrives@gmail.com
b***t (Fantastic service, comms and item. Best ebay experience ever)
h***i (49) Best communication ever, extremely fast shipping, excellent seller!
Click Here! viewtopic.php?f=20&t=19387
asmcom

Pioneer BDR-S12XLT Cross-Flashed to BDR-S12UHT, Drive Only 5.25" £117.79, Worldwide Service, Excellent Service!!!

Post by asmcom »

Pioneer BDR-S12XLT Cross-Flashed to BDR-S12UHT with firmware 1-02, fitted to a Vantec DX2, model number NST-540S3-BK. Vantec's newest Model.

Vantec DX NST-540S3-BK USB 3.0 5.25" External Enclosure. Fitted with Pioneer 5.25" BDR-S12XLT Cross-Flashed to BDR-S12UHT now £154.99 minus 5% = £147.24 plus postage for all MakeMKV forum members.

Things have moved on in the world of 4K optical drives. The most significant change is that now the Pioneer drives can read 4K Blu-rays. Pioneer has always been a higher quality-build when it comes to optical drives.

The main benefit in Cross-Flashing this drive is that it is cheaper than the Pioneer Flagship model BDR-S12UHT and there is a significant saving to the end customer.

The performance of the BDR-S12XLT Cross-Flash is of a very high standard and the quality of the Pioneer drive is outstanding. It is excellent at burning and reading discs. The Cross-Flash drive performs extremely well and reads every 4K disc that I have tested the drive with.

The BDR-S12XLT when Cross-Flashed as the exact same performance as the BDR-S12UHT, except the BDR-S12XLT does not have the AACS 2.0 Crypto Chip. This does not really make a difference as most people use VLC for unofficial playback as CyberLink PowerDVD HD as very stringent criteria relating to hardware and VLC is more straightforward. Apart from the AACS 2.0 Crypto IC being omitted the BDR-S12XLT is identical in every way.

If you are going to be using a external enclosure, I would recommend you partner this drive with the new Vantec DX2 5.25" enclosure.

The new Vantec DX2 model now uses a new updated communications interface PCB. The newly design PCB incorporates the JMS578 USB 3.1 Gen1 to SATA 6Gb/s bridge controller. It provides a low power and high-performance solution for optical disc drives. The JMS578 supports higher data transmission rate and lower power consumption than its predecessors. The Pioneer BDR-S12XLT Cross-Flashed to BDR-S12UHT fitted to a DX2 enclosure is brilliant combination with it's sleek and stylish design. Performance is of a very high standard and the quality of the Pioneer drive combined with the newly designed DX2 is a clear winner.

When you now insert a disc in the Pioneer drive it reads the 4k disc within 2 to 3 seconds, none of these loud seeking noises for 10 to 15 seconds that you get with the Hitachi or ASUS desktop drives it just reads the disc immediately. I can walk away and know when I come back that the disc will be completed successfully and there will be no read errors.

eBay link below

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265927596982

Pioneer BDR-S12UHT Main Features

• Blu-ray writer with 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray playback

• Up to 16x2 writing on BD-R single-layer discs, 14x on BD-R DL discs, and 8x writing on BD-R triple-layer discs.

• Can be installed horizontally or vertically to save valuable desk space.

• Stores up to 128GB on a BDXL Disc / 8.5GB on a Double Layer DVD / 4.7GB on a standard DVD

• Fully compliant with MDISC archiving technology
Last edited by asmcom on Sat Nov 19, 2022 1:15 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Coopervid

Re: Pioneer BDR-S12XLT Cross-Flashed to BDR-S12UHT, Drive Only 5.25" £117.79, Worldwide Service, Excellent Service!!!

Post by Coopervid »

asmcom wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:56 am
Pioneer BDR-S12XLT Cross-Flashed to BDR-S12UHT, Drive Only 5.25" with firmware 1-02

Pioneer BDRS12XLT Cross-Flashed to BDR-S12UHT 4K Ultra Blu-Ray 5.25" Drive Only. Now only £123.99 minus 5% = £117.79, plus postage for all MakeMKV forum members.

The performance of this drive is of a very high standard and the quality of the Pioneer drive is outstanding. Brilliant at burning and reads every disc I have thrown at it.

When you now insert a disc in the Pioneer drive it reads the 4k disc within 2 to 3 seconds, none of these loud seeking noises for 10 to 15 seconds that you get with the Hitachi or ASUS desktop drives it just reads the disc immediately. I can walk away and know when I come back that the disc will be completed successfully and there will be no read errors.

eBay link below

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265930348711

• Up to 16x2 writing on BD-R single-layer discs, 14x on BD-R DL discs, and 8x writing on BD-R triple-layer discs.

• To reduce deterioration of reading performance of disc due to dust and cigarette smoke with high dustproof performance and improved drive software. With this, S12UHT has a prolonged life about twice of conventional models.

• Includes Bonus Software PowerDVD™ 14, Power2Go8®, PowerDirector15 LE, Instant Burn5, Label Print2.5, PhotoDirector8 LE, ColorDirector5 LE & AudioDirector7 LE.

• Stores up to 128GB on a BDXL Disc / 8.5GB on a Double Layer DVD / 4.7GB on a standard DVD

Interesting!!! How to cross-flash Pioneer BDR-S12XLT to BDR-S12UHT ?????? And is this the only model that can be cross-flashed?
asmcom

Post by asmcom »

Another 2 coming :mrgreen:
asmcom

Pioneer BDR-212EBK Cross-Flashed to BDR-S12UHT, Drive Only 5.25" £94.99, Worldwide Service, Excellent Service!!!

Post by asmcom »

Pioneer BDR-212EBK Cross-Flashed to BDR-S12UHT, Drive Only 5.25" with firmware 1-02

Pioneer BDR-X12EBK External USB 3.1 Enclosure, Cross-Flashed to BDR-S12UHT, with firmware 1-02. Now only £99.99 minus 5% = £94.99, plus postage for all MakeMKV forum members.

The performance of this drive is of a very high standard and the quality of the Pioneer drive is outstanding. Brilliant at burning and reads every disc I have thrown at it. The BDR-212EBK when Cross-Flashed as the exact same performance as the BDR-S12UHT, except for the BDR-212EBK does not have the AACS 2.0 Crypto Chip. Apart from that they are identical. This does not really make a different as most people use VLC for unofficial playback as Cyberlink PowerDVDHD as very stringent criteria relating to hardware and VLC is more striaght forward.

eBay link below

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265930477155

Last edited by asmcom on Thu Nov 17, 2022 6:25 pm, edited 11 times in total.
asmcom

Pioneer BDR-X12EBK External USB 3.1 Enclosure, Cross-Flashed to BDR-S12UHT £167.19 Worldwide Service, Excellent Service!

Post by asmcom »

Pioneer BDR-X12EBK External USB 3.1 Enclosure, Cross-Flashed to BDR-S12UHT, with firmware 1-02. This Pioneer External Enclosure as a high build quality and High Reliability.

Pioneer BDR-X12EBK External USB 3.1 Enclosure, Cross-Flashed to BDR-S12UHT, with firmware 1-02. Now only £175.99 minus 5% = £167.19, plus postage for all MakeMKV forum members.

The performance of this drive is of a very high standard and the quality of the Pioneer drive is outstanding. Brilliant at burning and reads every disc I have thrown at it. The BDR-X212EBK when Cross-Flashed as the exact same performance as the BDR-S12UHT, except the BDR-X212EBK does not have the AACS 2.0 Crypto Chip. Apart from that they are identical. This does not really make a different as most people use VLC for unofficial playback as Cyberlink PowerDVDHD as very stringent criteria relating to hardware and VLC is more striaght forward.

eBay link below

Not Listed on eBay Yet!!

Last edited by asmcom on Mon Oct 17, 2022 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
NewGuy1975

Post by NewGuy1975 »

Just a short note to say how much I'm enjoying my new Pioneer BDR-S12UHT with Vantec Enclosure - it's my first blu ray drive, specifically for the job I want it for.

ASMCOM were super-helpful with all my pre-sales questions and when I finally got round to making the purchase a few months later, the parcel was dispatched promptly, and I received it before the estimated date, it arrived safe and well packaged.

I've been on a journey of self-learning with makemkv and so far so good, I have begun ripping my Blu Rays and copying them to my NAS drive for viewing via Plex

So thanks to ASMCOM once again! I'll remain lurking here on the forum from time to time and chip in now and then when I have something of value to contribute.

Cheers all.
asmcom

Post by asmcom »

NewGuy1975 wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 2:50 pm
Just a short note to say how much I'm enjoying my new Pioneer BDR-S12UHT with Vantec Enclosure - it's my first blu ray drive, specifically for the job I want it for.

ASMCOM were super-helpful with all my pre-sales questions and when I finally got round to making the purchase a few months later, the parcel was dispatched promptly, and I received it before the estimated date, it arrived safe and well packaged.

I've been on a journey of self-learning with makemkv and so far so good, I have begun ripping my Blu Rays and copying them to my NAS drive for viewing via Plex

So thanks to ASMCOM once again! I'll remain lurking here on the forum from time to time and chip in now and then when I have something of value to contribute.

Cheers all.
Thank you Newguy1975 for the kind words and review. It means a lot to me that you appreciate the effort I make to endure that I offer acquslity service from start to finish and you recognise my efforts. So keep her ripping!!

Asmcom :mrgreen:
asmcom

Pioneer BDR-212EBK Cross-Flashed to BDR-S12UHT, Drive Only 5.25" £146.29, Worldwide Service, Excellent Service!!!

Post by asmcom »

Pioneer BDR-212EBK Cross-Flashed to BDR-S12UHT with firmware 1-02, fitted to a Vantec DX2, model number NST-540S3-BK. Vantec's newest Model.

Vantec DX NST-540S3-BK USB 3.0 5.25" External Enclosure. Fitted with Pioneer 5.25" BDR-212EBK Cross-Flashed to BDR-S12UHT now £138.99 minus 5% = £132.04 plus postage for all MakeMKV forum members.

Things have moved on in the world of 4K optical drives. The most significant change is that now the Pioneer drives can read 4K Blu-rays. Pioneer has always been a higher quality-build when it comes to optical drives.

The main benefit in Cross-Flashing this drive is that it is cheaper than the Pioneer Flagship model BDR-S12UHT and there is a significant saving to the end customer.

The performance of the BDR-212EBK is of a very high standard and the quality of the Pioneer drive is outstanding. It is excellent at burning and reading discs. The BDR-212EBK Cross-Flash performs extremely well and reads every 4K disc that I have tested the drive with.

The BDR-212EBK when Cross-Flashed as the exact same performance as the BDR-S12UHT, except the BDR-212EBK does not have the AACS 2.0 Crypto Chip. This does not really make a difference as most people use VLC for unofficial playback as CyberLink PowerDVD HD as very stringent criteria relating to hardware and VLC is more straightforward. Apart from the AACS 2.0 Crypto IC being omitted the BDR-212EBK is identical in every way.

If you are going to be using a external enclosure, I would recommend you partner this drive with the new Vantec DX2 5.25" enclosure.

The new Vantec DX2 model now uses a new updated communications interface PCB. The newly design PCB incorporates the JMS578 USB 3.1 Gen1 to SATA 6Gb/s bridge controller. It provides a low power and high-performance solution for optical disc drives. The JMS578 supports higher data transmission rate and lower power consumption than its predecessors. The Pioneer BDR-212EBK Cross-Flashed to BDR-S12UHT fitted to a DX2 enclosure is brilliant combination with it's sleek and stylish design. Performance is of a very high standard and the quality of the Pioneer drive combined with the the newly designed DX2 is a clear winner.

eBay link below

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265930958208

Last edited by asmcom on Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:38 am, edited 4 times in total.
atmde

Post by atmde »

Awesome contact, nice guy.
Great advices, fast and secure shipping (UPS) and outstanding after sales service.

Thumbs up !
asmcom

Post by asmcom »

Thank You.

Asmcom :mrgreen:
asmcom

Pioneer BDR-S12XLT Cross-Flashed to BDR-S12UHT, Drive Only 5.25" £114.00, Worldwide Service, Excellent Service!!!

Post by asmcom »

Pioneer BDR-S12XLT Cross-Flashed to BDR-S12UHT, Drive Only 5.25" with firmware 1-02

Pioneer BDRS12XLT Cross-Flashed to BDR-S12UHT 4K Ultra Blu-Ray 5.25" Drive Only. Now only £109.99 minus 5% = £104.49, plus postage for all MakeMKV forum members.

The performance of the BDR-S12XLT is of a very high standard and the quality of the Pioneer drive is outstanding. It is excellent at burning and reading discs. Cosmetically the drive looks identical to the BDR-S12UHT flagship model and is also cheaper. The BDR-212EBK Cross-Flash performs extremely well and reads every 4K disc that I have tested the drive with.

The BDR-S12XLT when Cross-Flashed as the exact same performance as the BDR-S12UHT, except the BDR-S12XLT does not have the AACS 2.0 Crypto Chip. This does not really make a difference as most people use VLC for unofficial playback as CyberLink PowerDVD HD as very stringent criteria relating to hardware and VLC is more straightforward. Apart from the AACS 2.0 Crypto IC being omitted the BDR-S12XLT is identical in every way.

The new Vantec DX2 model now uses a new updated communications interface PCB. The newly design PCB incorporates the JMS578 USB 3.1 Gen1 to SATA 6Gb/s bridge controller. It provides a low power and high-performance solution for optical disc drives. The JMS578 supports higher data transmission rate and lower power consumption than its predecessors. The Pioneer BDR-S12XLT Cross-Flashed to BDR-S12UHT fitted to a DX2 enclosure is brilliant combination with it's sleek and stylish design. Performance is of a very high standard and the quality of the Pioneer drive combined with the the newly designed DX2 is a clear winner.

eBay link below

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265930348711

Last edited by asmcom on Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
asmcom

(Asmcom:) Special Offers, Pioneer Deals!!!

Post by asmcom »

Pioneer BDR-212EBK Cross-Flashed to BDR-S12UHT, Drive Only 5.25" with firmware 1-02

Pioneer BDR-X12EBK External USB 3.1 Enclosure, Cross-Flashed to BDR-S12UHT, with firmware 1-02. Now only £99.99 minus 5% = £94.99, plus postage for all MakeMKV forum members.

The performance of this drive is of a very high standard and the quality of the Pioneer drive is outstanding. Brilliant at burning and reads every disc I have thrown at it. The BDR-212EBK when Cross-Flashed as the exact same performance as the BDR-S12UHT, except for the BDR-212EBK does not have the AACS 2.0 Crypto Chip. Apart from that, they are identical. This does not really make a different as most people use VLC for unofficial playback as Cyberlink PowerDVDHD as very stringent criteria relating to hardware and VLC is more straight forward.

eBay link below

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265930477155

Pioneer BDR-212EBK Cross-Flashed to BDR-S12UHT with firmware 1-02, fitted to a Vantec DX2, model number NST-540S3-BK. Vantec's newest Model.

Vantec DX NST-540S3-BK USB 3.0 5.25" External Enclosure. Fitted with Pioneer 5.25" BDR-212EBK Cross-Flashed to BDR-S12UHT now £138.99 minus 5% = £132.04 plus postage for all MakeMKV forum members.

The performance of the BDR-212EBK is of a very high standard and the quality of the Pioneer drive is outstanding. It is excellent at burning and reading discs. The BDR-212EBK Cross-Flash performs extremely well and reads every 4K disc that I have tested the drive with.

The BDR-212EBK when Cross-Flashed as the exact same performance as the BDR-S12UHT, except the BDR-212EBK, does not have the AACS 2.0 Crypto Chip. This does not really make a difference as most people use VLC for unofficial playback as CyberLink PowerDVD HD as very stringent criteria relating to hardware and VLC is more straightforward. Apart from the AACS 2.0 Crypto IC being omitted the BDR-212EBK is identical in every way.

If you are going to be using an external enclosure, I would recommend you partner this drive with the new Vantec DX2 5.25" enclosure.

The new Vantec DX2 model now uses a new updated communications interface PCB. The newly designed PCB incorporates the JMS578 USB 3.1 Gen1 to SATA 6Gb/s bridge controller. It provides a low-power and high-performance solution for optical disc drives. The JMS578 supports a higher data transmission rate and lower power consumption than its predecessors. The Pioneer BDR-212EBK Cross-Flashed to BDR-S12UHT fitted to a DX2 enclosure is a brilliant combination with its sleek and stylish design. Performance is of a very high standard and the quality of the Pioneer drive combined with the newly designed DX2 is a clear winner.

eBay link below

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265930958208

Last edited by asmcom on Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.