(Asmcom:) Pioneer UHD 4K Drives From £117.32, Cheap Shipping, Worldwide Service, Excellent Service!!!

Paid services by fellow forum members. Not affiliated with MakeMKV.
Greenman

Re: (Asmcom:) BU40N £110.00 / BH16NS40 £94.99 Cheap Shipping EU / Vantec Premium Enclosure, Excellent Service!!!

Post by Greenman »

Vantec Slim Premium Enclosure fitted with BU40N inquiry
Hi,

I have a couple of questions for you about the Vantec Slim Premium Enclosure fitted with BU40N while researching on the makemkv forum.

Is the hardware / software /firmware compatible with Windows 11?

My laptop is a Huawei D15 with a 10th Gen Intel® Core™ i3-10110U processor https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en ... 0-ghz.html and 8gb ram running with Windows 11. Would this be compatible and capable of working with the Vantec Slim Premium Enclosure fitted with BU40N for burning / 4k uhd discs?

If not, do you have any advice or help you can give me? I'm not hugely tech savvy but I can get my head around clear guidance.

Thanks in advance for your support on this matter,

Kevin.
asmcom

Re: (Asmcom:) BU40N £110.00 / BH16NS40 £94.99 Cheap Shipping EU / Vantec Premium Enclosure, Excellent Service!!!

Post by asmcom »

apparat wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:13 pm
Quick review: I just purchased an LG-BU40N 1-03MK with a Vantec Slim Enclosure from Asmcom and I would rate their responsiveness and service as *superb*.
Comms on the item, payment, postage etc all very clear. The drive was received very quickly, was well packaged, and works like a dream - first UHD backup made with no issues. I would probably not have had the expertise to flash a drive, never mind pick a model that worked out of the box without issues, so this service is much appreciated (and the pricing is still excellent).
I would not hesitate to recommend Asmcom for your UHD drive needs. :D :D :D
Thanks!
-H
You are very welcome and thanks for the super review.

The after service I offer, I would say is excellent. Any questions or queries you have have, please do not hesitate to contact me.

I would like to offer you 15% off on any Desktop drives or enclosure for future purchases.

If you are a Makemkv member and you are dealing direct with me, then this is a great deal for any future purchases.

Kind Regards

Asmcom :mrgreen:
b***t (Fantastic service, comms and item. Best ebay experience ever)
h***i (49) Best communication ever, extremely fast shipping, excellent seller!
Click Here! viewtopic.php?f=20&t=19387
wiz2003

Post by wiz2003 »

Hi all

I have worked in IT for more than 40 years and have had to deal with many people and organisations for the supply of goods and services over the years.

I can honestly say that the experience of dealing with asmcom has been an absolute pleasure.

Knowledgeable, helpful, patient and friendly... Also, the best wrapped parcel that I have ever received....

I am in the process of using the BU40N in the Vantec premium enclosure and all is going well..

Very impressed.

Thoroughly recommended

Geoff
dapjukebox

Post by dapjukebox »

Hi.

I have a BU40N drive that I removed from a HP laptop with a dead screen and was looking for a suitable enclosure for it.

A quick google soon popped up your entry in this forum.

Can you supply a bare Vantec Slim Enclosure without a drive?

Thanks,
Dave
asmcom

Post by asmcom »

dapjukebox wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:28 pm
Hi.

I have a BU40N drive that I removed from a HP laptop with a dead screen and was looking for a suitable enclosure for it.

Thanks,
Dave
Of course, just email your full postal address and I will send you a quotation.

uhdfriendlydrives@gmail.com

Kind Regards

Asmcom
asmcom

Post by asmcom »

dapjukebox wrote:
Hi.

Thanks,
Dave
Posted :mrgreen:
Yi4pLJxE

Post by Yi4pLJxE »

Just a quick review of Asmcom's services. I ordered a Hitachi LG-BU40N in Vantec enclosure. Excellent and prompt communication throughout, very speedy quotation and dispatch. There was an issue with the Royal Mail delivery (almost to be expected in these times we are living in) but Asmcom dealt with that incredibly quickly and sent a replacement parcel within a day which was very good considering that the matter was out of Asmcom's control. The parcel was incredibly securely packaged and the drive works perfectly, reading disks that my old drive rejected, with firmware flashed as promised. Very happy.

All in all a very good purchase and excellent communications with Asmcom. Well done!
dapjukebox

Post by dapjukebox »

asmcom wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:16 pm
dapjukebox wrote:
Hi.

Thanks,
Dave
Posted :mrgreen:
All received and fitted.
I have to say the case is excellent as was your customer service.
Excellent in every way.

Thanks again
Dave
asmcom

Post by asmcom »

Yi4pLJxE wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:08 pm
Just a quick review of Asmcom's services. I ordered a Hitachi LG-BU40N in Vantec enclosure. Excellent and prompt communication throughout, very speedy quotation and dispatch. There was an issue with the Royal Mail delivery (almost to be expected in these times we are living in) but Asmcom dealt with that incredibly quickly and sent a replacement parcel within a day which was very good considering that the matter was out of Asmcom's control. The parcel was incredibly securely packaged and the drive works perfectly, reading disks that my old drive rejected, with firmware flashed as promised. Very happy.

All in all a very good purchase and excellent communications with Asmcom. Well done!
Thank you so much for being so patient and also the nice review. :mrgreen:
groaninjock

Post by groaninjock »

Another +1 in the positive reviews of Asmcom's drives and service.

I contacted Asmcom on Friday morning to ask for his advice on a new drive to replace my kaput BD drive. He explained the options clearly, and listened to what I wanted the drive for (mostly standard blu ray, but 4k would be a 'nice to have').

Following his advice, I ordered and paid for a Hitachi LG-BH16NS55 UHD Friendly drive Cross-Flashed to a WH16NS60 Official Drive on firmware 1-02mk that morning.

Within a few hours, asmcom had emailed me photographs of the drive, and the parcel, and later that day he sent me a ParcelForce tracking number. I had paid for second class postage, but asmcom upgraded this to 24-hour.

Drive arrived Monday morning, securely packaged and as described. Plug and play, and I was ripping in MakeMKV within minutes. Blu rays take around 20-30 minutes, and I ripped the 4k Labyrinth yesterday in under an hour.

Another delighted customer, cannot recommend asmcom, his drives and his service highly enough.
asmcom

Post by asmcom »

groaninjock wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:26 am
Another +1 in the positive reviews of Asmcom's drives and service.

I contacted Asmcom on Friday morning to ask for his advice on a new drive to replace my kaput BD drive. He explained the options clearly, and listened to what I wanted the drive for (mostly standard blu ray, but 4k would be a 'nice to have').

Following his advice, I ordered and paid for a Hitachi LG-BH16NS55 UHD Friendly drive Cross-Flashed to a WH16NS60 Official Drive on firmware 1-02mk that morning.

Within a few hours, asmcom had emailed me photographs of the drive, and the parcel, and later that day he sent me a ParcelForce tracking number. I had paid for second class postage, but asmcom upgraded this to 24-hour.

Drive arrived Monday morning, securely packaged and as described. Plug and play, and I was ripping in MakeMKV within minutes. Blu rays take around 20-30 minutes, and I ripped the 4k Labyrinth yesterday in under an hour.

Another delighted customer, cannot recommend asmcom, his drives and his service highly enough.
You are very welcome and thanks for the super review. I really appreciate you taking time out to do a review.

Regards :mrgreen:

cas1701

Post by cas1701 »

Hi All,
I just wanted to thank asmcom for the spectacular service I've just received from him/her. Below is the review I left on eBay having bought the LG BH16NS55 with WH16NS60 v1.02mk firmware.
What can I say about this seller! Brilliant. Fantastic. Superb. Those are just a few words that describe my experience with asmcom. I was looking for a new flashed BD Drive for 4K and having been using MakeMKV and their fora for some years and as mine had given up the ghost needed a new one. Having found this chap selling flashed drives and taking all the hassle I found it to be initially, was a godsend and at a very good price to boot. I can thoroughly recommend asmcom.
As I said in the review, which unfortunately limits the amount that can be put into it, the service was superb! As soon as I bought the drive, I got 3 emails from asmcom detailing what would happen next, how soon the drive would be sent to me, and tips on using the drive and MakeMKV. What more can you ask?!

The following day, as I made the purchase in the evening, I got another email showing photos of the parcel, label, certificate of posting and receipt. I paid for the expedited postage here in the UK and less than 24 hours after it was posted it has been installed and happily ripping 4K discs for me.

I'm not one who normally writes reviews as I expect the service I pay for, but asmcom just went above and beyond anything I've experienced before, that I felt compelled to write something and share my views.

So, please, if you are thinking of buying a flashed drive, look no further than asmcom. Here endeth the lesson!
1903shaker

Post by 1903shaker »

This chap appears to really enjoy his job! Bought this drive with external power supply and connectors to rip 4K films for makemkv with my laptop.

Yes worked first time straight out of the box no need to adjust any setting ripped Blu-ray in 15 mins and 4K in 35mins.

However it’s the service and chat that makes this chap so great to deal with. He’s so helpful and appears genuinely interested in what you want from the devices he has for sale and the best ones to choose. I didn’t need to get back to him apart from telling him it all worked great. But I can imagine he would enjoy walking you through any issues to get you up and running. I can’t recommend him enough
asmcom

Post by asmcom »

1903shaker wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:38 pm
This chap appears to really enjoy his job! Bought this drive with external power supply and connectors to rip 4K films for makemkv with my laptop.

Yes worked first time straight out of the box no need to adjust any setting ripped Blu-ray in 15 mins and 4K in 35mins.

However it’s the service and chat that makes this chap so great to deal with. He’s so helpful and appears genuinely interested in what you want from the devices he has for sale and the best ones to choose. I didn’t need to get back to him apart from telling him it all worked great. But I can imagine he would enjoy walking you through any issues to get you up and running. I can’t recommend him enough
Hello 1903shaker,

Glad everything is good and yes you have summed me up correctly. I enjoy what I do, making sure that my customers are satisfied and happy by providing a top rate service with quality products and a great backup service.

Thank you for taking time out and leaving me a good review.

Takara

Post by Takara »

Good evening Asmcom,

Been lurking these forums for a good year now at least, originally I (naively) picked up two Pioneer drives, one internal and one external, for all my bluray needs (years back). Things were fine, worked to read and write discs then I started to look into cataloguing content and there I hit an obvious snag. Bit of googling later and I ended up here.

With newfound knowledge I picked myself up a used WH16NS40 from a seller who seemed to just be selling their old drive, chatted with them, assured me everything worked, went for the sale aaaannndd... I received a brick, clearly they'd tried flashing it and went wrong, after hours of tinkering back and forth I managed to get it running back on its intended firmware but clearly the drive is of a version incapable of flashing modified roms. They refunded me with no other questions asked but that still left me in the same situation as the Pioneer drives.

Rather than spend more money and time grabbing random drives I'm just going to buy from someone who knows what they're doing and I've been eyeing up your LG-BU40N 1.00DE drive on ebay but I have one question that I can never see an obvious answer to, what's the difference between 1.00DE and 1.03MK besides the DE being dvdfab capable?

Thanks in advance and apologies for the rambling! Hoping to have a more capable drive soon :)

Kind regards
~ Takara