(Asmcom:) Pioneer UHD 4K Drives From £117.32, Cheap Shipping, Worldwide Service, Excellent Service!!!

Paid services by fellow forum members. Not affiliated with MakeMKV.
humbie

Re: (Asmcom:) Pioneer UHD 4K Drives From £117.32, Cheap Shipping, Worldwide Service, Excellent Service!!!

Post by humbie »

Hello asmcom,

Just registered as I want to get started ripping my BD collection, and there's an enormous amount of info on here.
I am very interested in buying a Pioneer internal drive with enclosure, and will be sending an email today still.
In case of unavailability right now, I am a patient person so willing to wait until they're again in stock!
asmcom

Re: (Asmcom:) Pioneer UHD 4K Drives From £117.32, Cheap Shipping, Worldwide Service, Excellent Service!!!

Post by asmcom »

humbie wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:23 am
Hello asmcom,

Just registered as I want to get started ripping my BD collection, and there's an enormous amount of info on here.
I am very interested in buying a Pioneer internal drive with enclosure, and will be sending an email today still.
In case of unavailability right now, I am a patient person so willing to wait until they're again in stock!
Did you include your MakeMKV user name in the email? We look forward to helping you out.

Asmcom :mrgreen:
b***t (Fantastic service, comms and item. Best ebay experience ever)
h***i (49) Best communication ever, extremely fast shipping, excellent seller!
Click Here! viewtopic.php?f=20&t=19387
asmcom

Post by asmcom »

Message for TsekLi

Contact us by email

uhdfriendlydrives@gmail.com
mem.se

Post by mem.se »

Hi all,

I'm new here and this is my first post...

I'm looking into a good blu-ray driver to do offline/offsite backups of my Linux systems, and to be able to rip my movies.

After searching around for some time, looking at Youtube videos, finding this forum, etc. It looks like the Pioneer drives are the best, but really hard to buy in Sweden, and then all about the firmware versions, etc.
The second best choice seams to be Verbatim 43888, that I can get in Sweden for about 120EUR/100GBP (todays exchange rates).

So, what's the difference of buying the 43888 "off the shelf" compared to buy one from Asmcom?
Is it better to look for a Pioneer with correct firmware or is the 43888 as good as the Pioneer ones?

Regards,
// mem
asmcom

Post by asmcom »

mem.se wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:02 am
Hi all,

I'm looking into a good blu-ray driver to do offline/offsite backups of my Linux systems, and to be able to rip my movies.

After searching around for some time, looking at Youtube videos, finding this forum, etc. It looks like the Pioneer drives are the best, but really hard to buy in Sweden, and then all about the firmware versions, etc.
The second best choice seams to be Verbatim 43888, that I can get in Sweden for about 120EUR/100GBP (todays exchange rates).

So, what's the difference of buying the 43888 "off the shelf" compared to buy one from Asmcom?
Is it better to look for a Pioneer with correct firmware or is the 43888 as good as the Pioneer ones?

Regards,
// mem
We have recently received a new batch of Pioneer BDR-UD04 / 43888 and testing looks good so far. The 43888 however still has problem playing movies and would not compared to the retail Pioneer models like. BDR-XD07TS, BDR-XD08EMB-S, BDR-XS07TUHD or any of the Pioneer drives on our stock list.

Any of our customers will confirm this.

mem.se

Post by mem.se »

asmcom wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:36 pm
mem.se wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:02 am
Hi all,

Regards,
// mem
Thanks for your answers. As I'm new in this "business", I'll have a few follow up questions.
asmcom wrote:
We have recently received a new batch of Pioneer BDR-UD04 / 43888 and testing looks good so far.
As I understand, the BDR-UD04 is an internal slim SATA device. And 43888 is just the Verbatim USB enclosure, maybe with some Verbatim firmware. Or is there some hardware differences between BDR-UD04 and 43888 except the enclosure?
asmcom wrote:
The 43888 however still has problem playing movies and would not compared to the retail Pioneer models like. BDR-XD07TS, BDR-XD08EMB-S, BDR-XS07TUHD or any of the Pioneer drives on our stock list.
If my guess above is correct, then you say that BDR-X... devices are better than BDR-UD04? Or is it Verbatim that has turned the 43888 into less good device?

Is it just playing movies that 43888 has problems with or has it problems with ripping or making data backups too?

Does your firmware fixes the playback, etc? (Am I right that you do firmware tricks on the devices you sell) Or is it always better to go for a BDR-X... device?
asmcom wrote:
Any of our customers will confirm this.

Cantor

Post by Cantor »

Just coming back to say thanks again. Bought a Pioneer drive from amscom earlier this year and it works like a charm. Ripped 100+ blu-ray's and a few 4K's so far. Apart from a few scratchy second hand BR's which were unreadable, it has been nothing but a solid partner in building my own media collection. Now I need more hdd's :)
johnny2shoes

Post by johnny2shoes »

Cantor wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 6:12 pm
Just coming back to say thanks again. Bought a Pioneer drive from amscom earlier this year and it works like a charm. Ripped 100+ blu-ray's and a few 4K's so far. Apart from a few scratchy second hand BR's which were unreadable, it has been nothing but a solid partner in building my own media collection. Now I need more hdd's :)
This is also my plan as I'm setting up a PJ in my campervan. Which pioneer drive did you buy?
Peppins

Post by Peppins »

I'm interested too, mail sent :twisted:
asmcom

Post by asmcom »

Peppins wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:01 pm
We will be in touch on our return on the 22nd April 2024

Kind Regards

arcor

Post by arcor »

Hello from Overseas!
I ordered a Pioneer BDR-S12XLT some time ago. Contact with the vendor is great and very helpful. The transaction went smoothly! I did receive the drive, and plugged it in a Myth box on Debian Bookworm. Working straight out of the box like a champ. Lots and lots of 4k, blu-rays, DVDs and even CDs have been watched/ripped. Best optical drive I ever bought! Mounting the disks doesn't take forever, and no sleep bug! Shop with confidence with this team! :)
Cantor

Post by Cantor »

johnny2shoes wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:35 am
Cantor wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 6:12 pm
This is also my plan as I'm setting up a PJ in my campervan. Which pioneer drive did you buy?
A portable BDR-XS07TUHD.
alstorm

Post by alstorm »

I am new user to the forum (based in the UK) but I have been "lurking" on this forum for a while without the need to signup and actually post. I am looking to p[urchase a couple of optical UHD drives suitable for my needs. asmcom I will send you an e-mail to discuss my requirements.
Peppins

Post by Peppins »

asmcom wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:31 am
Peppins wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:01 pm
We will be in touch on our return on the 22nd April 2024

Kind Regards

I've sent you two email and today is 22, but still nothing :cry:
Dlk25

Post by Dlk25 »

Hi,

I have been using makemkv for a few years now. Best software license money i ever spent.

I have 2x slim pioneer drives (XD07 and XS07 from asmcom) and there is a massive difference between the 2 in terms of noise (XS07 is much quieter than the top loader).

Anyway, have not posted before but I am looking to buy 2x BDR-S13E-X with external enclosure. Have emailed you but I know you have been closed until yesterday (22nd). Just want to check if you will be replying to all the emails/orders from while you were away or not? I can imagine there could be thousands :) just want to get an idea of response time now you are back online as I need the drives somewhat urgently and if it is going to be a while I may need to find another seller.

Thanks!

Dan