(Asmcom:) Pioneer UHD 4K Drives From £117.32, Cheap Shipping, Worldwide Service, Excellent Service!!!

Paid services by fellow forum members. Not affiliated with MakeMKV.
CoyoteOnTheRoad

Re: (Asmcom:) Pioneer UHD 4K Drives From £99.99, Cheap Shipping, Worldwide Service, Excellent Service!!!

Post by CoyoteOnTheRoad »

Hello

seeing all the bad reviews, I'm going to call on their service for a Pioneer S12UHT player

David
asmcom

Re: (Asmcom:) Pioneer UHD 4K Drives From £99.99, Cheap Shipping, Worldwide Service, Excellent Service!!!

Post by asmcom »

CoyoteOnTheRoad wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:56 pm
Hello

seeing all the bad reviews, I'm going to call on their service for a Pioneer S12UHT player

David
We will have one waiting for you :mrgreen:
b***t (Fantastic service, comms and item. Best ebay experience ever)
h***i (49) Best communication ever, extremely fast shipping, excellent seller!
Click Here! viewtopic.php?f=20&t=19387
CoyoteOnTheRoad

Post by CoyoteOnTheRoad »

Damn, it looks like you're unavailable until May 13th?
NeedCheapest4kDrive

Post by NeedCheapest4kDrive »

Hi - on a very tight budget, and would like a list of the worst/crappiest I.E the very cheapest (emphasis on cheap) 4k drives that can be used with the software here - and, it doesn't bother me if the drive is large and bulky or whether it is slow, noisy or takes long to spin-up and read - it just needs to be capable of 4k playback via VLC and be able to create local 4k backups for posterity and preservation, and as long as it doesn't have any bugs like the sleep bug I read about - oh, and preferably drives that have been pre-flashed with the appropriate working firmware; or at least a guide for flashing and links to appropriate firmware files to flash, and links to cheaper drives that I could potentially flash myself if that'd save me money. Whatever the cheapest option to me is, that's what I'll consider.

I have a great Blu-Ray drive that fits my needs that I have been using for a while now; about 11 months with no issues, one that I got from Amazon that I have been using for my 1080p discs, and am looking for a 4k equivalent essentially.

I'll link to the drive I already have, one that I paid £60.00 for:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08CTV2C3P

This eBay link more accurately shows the actual product I received from Amazon: https://www.ebay.com/itm/325024179533

Cheers and thank you.
asmcom

Post by asmcom »

NeedCheapest4kDrive wrote:
Sun May 07, 2023 5:55 am
Hi - on a very tight budget, and would like a list of the worst/crappiest I.E the very cheapest (emphasis on cheap) 4k drives that can be used with the software here - and, it doesn't bother me if the drive is large and bulky or whether it is slow, noisy or takes long to spin-up and read - it just needs to be capable of 4k playback via VLC and be able to create local 4k backups for posterity and preservation, and as long as it doesn't have any bugs like the sleep bug I read about - oh, and preferably drives that have been pre-flashed with the appropriate working firmware; or at least a guide for flashing and links to appropriate firmware files to flash, and links to cheaper drives that I could potentially flash myself if that'd save me money. Whatever the cheapest option to me is, that's what I'll consider.

I have a great Blu-Ray drive that fits my needs that I have been using for a while now; about 11 months with no issues, one that I got from Amazon that I have been using for my 1080p discs, and am looking for a 4k equivalent essentially.

I'll link to the drive I already have, one that I paid £60.00 for:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08CTV2C3P

This eBay link more accurately shows the actual product I received from Amazon: https://www.ebay.com/itm/325024179533

Cheers and thank you. Ji
If you are happy with the drive you purchased
from Amazon, I would suggest you buy another.

Kind Regards

Asmcom :mrgreen:
NeedCheapest4kDrive

Post by NeedCheapest4kDrive »

Kind Regards

The drive I purchased from Amazon is 1080p, I.E regular Blu-Ray discs only, which is why I decided to post here to make sure that I can find an appropriate 4K drive that I'll actually be able to use to make local 4K backups with; one enabled for VLC disc playback also.

As I don't want to run the risk of buying a 4K drive with inappropriate, patched, locked-down firmware.

Any suggested drives to purchase based on earlier criteria?
asmcom

Post by asmcom »

NeedCheapest4kDrive wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 4:10 am

Kind Regards

The drive I purchased from Amazon is 1080p, I.E regular Blu-Ray discs only, which is why I decided to post here to make sure that I can find an appropriate 4K drive that I'll actually be able to use to make local 4K backups with; one enabled for VLC disc playback also.

As I don't want to run the risk of buying a 4K drive with inappropriate, patched, locked-down firmware.

Any suggested drives to purchase based on earlier criteria?
Maybe a second hand drive of a trusted forum member would be your best solution based on your budget.

Asmcom
Tomas

Re: (Asmcom:) Pioneer UHD 4K Drives From £109.99, Cheap Shipping, Worldwide Service, Excellent Service!!!

Post by Tomas »

Hello, I would be interested... I would like to ask how I can order. Thank you
Pioneer BDR-UD04
asmcom

Re: (Asmcom:) Pioneer UHD 4K Drives From £109.99, Cheap Shipping, Worldwide Service, Excellent Service!!!

Post by asmcom »

Tomas wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 3:51 am
Hello, I would be interested... I want to ask how I can order. Thank you
Pioneer BDR-UD04
We have sent you an :mrgreen: email.

Asmcom
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

asmcom wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 5:35 am
Tomas wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 3:51 am
Hello, I would be interested... I want to ask how I can order. Thank you
Pioneer BDR-UD04
We have sent you an :mrgreen: email.

Asmcom
The goods arrived today. Everything arrived fine. I warmly recommend. Great approach and great agreement.
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

I'll try to ask here. Has anyone tried playing a burned BDXL disc on a Panasonic 820 to see if it works. Thank you
asmcom

Post by asmcom »

Tomas wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 8:06 pm
I'll try to ask here. Has anyone tried playing a burned BDXL disc on a Panasonic 820 to see if it works? Thank you
Effectively no Blu-ray players, even the most expensive UHD 4k Blu-ray players, can read 100GB or 128GB BDXL discs. However, some players can read ISO files, such as the Oppo players and a few others.

nappa71

Post by nappa71 »

Hello Asmcom, I registered here to ask just what on earth is going on with your ebay store...

I'm a happily paid user of makemkv in the UK with a pioneer BDR-209 drive, which works wonderfully for 1080P format disks.
I started thinking about doing UHD disc rips, read all the very useful information on these forums.. ah ok I need a new drive with a certain firmware. ok fine. found these drives for sale subforums and your the only seller in this area of the world.

Look through your ebay links on this forum, settle on one of the pioneer 212 variants in a vantec DX2 enclosure, try to buy it... ebay says no.. seller is away and shop is closed... That was early May 2023 and I think ebay said store is closed until sun 7th May ? (not entirely certain). But listings said you had stock available of pretty much all the various drives.

ok fine maybe your away on holiday. Bookmark links check them every few hours on the return date and then late in the evening your store listings seem to go live again , but before I could order , your store status goes to seller is away until June 11th... errr, whats going on , on holiday again..? ok maybe... guess I can wait.

Keep checking bookmarked links, look again today 9th June, and store is still listed as closed, but now seller is away until 25th June..., and the linked ebay listings are pretty must universally saying out of stock... despite the fact you haven't been open to sell anything.
You've updated the sticky on page 1 of this thread to say store is closed until June 25th too.

This is looking extremely dodgy. ok maybe you prefer to sell direct to users via more private channels and are just using this forum as effectively ad space and the unavailable ebay listings to be able to show product pictures, and expect most people to deal with you on a private channel via your gmail contact email, but ebay at least has some protections for both buyer and seller, so I'd prefer to use that if I can. But I can't if you keep your ebay store repeatedly closed...

Thought I'd ask WTF is going on here, rather than sending the same query to your gmail address.
asmcom

Post by asmcom »

nappa71 wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:31 pm
Hello Asmcom, I registered here to ask just what on earth is going on with your ebay store...

I'm a happily paid user of makemkv in the UK with a pioneer BDR-209 drive, which works wonderfully for 1080P format disks.
I started thinking about doing UHD disc rips, read all the very useful information on these forums.. ah ok I need a new drive with a certain firmware. ok fine. found these drives for sale subforums and your the only seller in this area of the world.

Look through your ebay links on this forum, settle on one of the pioneer 212 variants in a vantec DX2 enclosure, try to buy it... ebay says no.. seller is away and shop is closed... That was early May 2023 and I think ebay said store is closed until sun 7th May ? (not entirely certain). But listings said you had stock available of pretty much all the various drives.

ok fine maybe your away on holiday. Bookmark links check them every few hours on the return date and then late in the evening your store listings seem to go live again , but before I could order , your store status goes to seller is away until June 11th... errr, whats going on , on holiday again..? ok maybe... guess I can wait.

Keep checking bookmarked links, look again today 9th June, and store is still listed as closed, but now seller is away until 25th June..., and the linked ebay listings are pretty must universally saying out of stock... despite the fact you haven't been open to sell anything.
You've updated the sticky on page 1 of this thread to say store is closed until June 25th too.

This is looking extremely dodgy. ok maybe you prefer to sell direct to users via more private channels and are just using this forum as effectively ad space and the unavailable ebay listings to be able to show product pictures, and expect most people to deal with you on a private channel via your gmail contact email, but ebay at least has some protections for both buyer and seller, so I'd prefer to use that if I can. But I can't if you keep your ebay store repeatedly closed...

Thought I'd ask WTF is going on here, rather than sending the same query to your gmail address.
Better using my email address.

uhdfriendlydrives@gmail.com

Kind Regards

Asmcom
asmcom

(Asmcom:) Archgon Special offer with BU40N

Post by asmcom »

Archgon MD-8107S-UHD 4K-Ultra HD External Drive, LG-BU40N 1-03MK or 1-00DE

Archgon MD-8107S-UHD 4K-Ultra HD External Enclosure fitted with a Hitachi LG-BU40N. Firmware 1-03MK or 1-00DE is available. The colours Black and Silver are also available. Now £109.99 minus 5% = £104.49 plus postage for all MakeMKV forum members.

eBay link below

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265683182938