UHD Enabled Drives (Australia, NZ & Singapore) & DIY "Single Drive Flasher UI" available worldwide!!

Paid services by fellow forum members. Not affiliated with MakeMKV.
maveritan

Re: UHD Friendly & Official drives for sale & flashing service (currently Australia & NZ only)

Post by maveritan »

Received my BH16NS55 in the mail today after ordering from Mr McNuts on Monday (2 days ago) and I'm very impressed - Marty was excellent to deal with and the drive works great under docker on my OMV5 server.

Thanks a bunch,
-Maveritan
MartyMcNuts

Re: UHD Friendly & Official drives for sale & flashing service (currently Australia & NZ only)

Post by MartyMcNuts »

Hi folks,

Just letting you know:

I now have:

2 x BH16NS55 in stock, UHD capable and ready to post. AUD$155.00 each.

4 x BP50NB40 in stock, cross-flashed, UHD capable and ready to post. AUD$210.00 each.

***FREE Regular (or $10.00 Express) postage Australia wide (AUD$30.00 express postage to New Zealand). For other International locations, please ask for a quote.***

I am happy to check availability / order other drives on request. See below:

Internal Desktop Drives:
ASUS BW-16D1HT-PRO = $$$ PLEASE ASK $$$
LG WH16NS60 = $$$ PLEASE ASK $$$

External Slim Drives:
LG BU40N with Vantec NST-510S3-BK Enclosure = $$$ PLEASE ASK $$$
Buffalo BRUHD-PU3-BK = $$$ PLEASE ASK $$$
Archgon MD-8107S-U3-UHD = $$$ PLEASE ASK $$$
LG BP50NB40 (cross-flashed to BP60NB10 or BU40N) = AUD$210.00

PM or email me: martymcnuts@outlook.com
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
DoobyScoo

Post by DoobyScoo »

Shortly after I ordered the LG BP50NB40 flashed with BP60NB10 firmware I received it within a couple of days. Just got through testing a few movies and couldn't be happier. Really great to deal with, excellent communication and speedy delivery.
Thanks!
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

Hi folks,

Just letting you know:

I currently have:

1 x BH16NS55 in stock, UHD capable and ready to post. AUD$155.00 each. (I have more on order. Should get them next week sometime.)

3 x BP50NB40 in stock, cross-flashed, UHD capable and ready to post. AUD$210.00 each.

***FREE Regular (or $10.00 Express) postage Australia wide (AUD$30.00 express postage to New Zealand). For other International locations, please ask for a quote.***

Internal Desktop Drives:

External Slim Drives:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
KidCanberra

Post by KidCanberra »

Hi all, I received my 4K friendly drive from MartyMcNuts a few Weeks ago and I couldn’t be happier. It works like a charm and I couldn’t recommend him more highly.
Great value & service.

Cheers
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

Hi folks,

Just letting you know:

I currently have:

3 x BH16NS55's in stock, UHD capable and ready to post. AUD$155.00 each.

3 x BP50NB40's in stock, cross-flashed, UHD capable and ready to post. AUD$210.00 each.

Internal Desktop Drives:

External Slim Drives:

bycroftgu

Post by bycroftgu »

Greetings all,

I received my ASUS drive about a week and a half ago from Marty McNuts flashed for 4K blu ray readability and nicely packaged up in its original box. I have put it through its paces with DVD, Blu ray and UHD Blu ray discs and is works flawlessly.

I am so happy with my purchase I am about to order another drive that I can stick inside my laptop.
SimonM

Post by SimonM »

+1 rep for MartyMcNuts!

Marty was friendly, prompt and patient with my many questions and delays in payment.

I just ripped my first UHD disc successfully and I look forward to others. Now I need to decide on the best transcoding settings. Last time I tried, H.265 took a lot longer to convert but had little benefit over H.264 at high bit-rates. If anyone has recommendations please let me know. I'll want to maintain compatibility with iPhone Xs Max or better but am happy to use the VLC mobile app also.
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

SimonM wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:25 am
+1 rep for MartyMcNuts!

Marty was friendly, prompt and patient with my many questions and delays in payment.

I just ripped my first UHD disc successfully and I look forward to others. Now I need to decide on the best transcoding settings. Last time I tried, H.265 took a lot longer to convert but had little benefit over H.264 at high bit-rates. If anyone has recommendations please let me know. I'll want to maintain compatibility with iPhone Xs Max or better but am happy to use the VLC mobile app also.
Yep, decent NVIDIA graphics card and hardware encoding. A movie can be encoded in about 60-90 minutes.
SimonM

Post by SimonM »

MartyMcNuts wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:11 am
Yep, decent NVIDIA graphics card and hardware encoding. A movie can be encoded in about 60-90 minutes.
Sadly, that I don't have. I don't tend to rip very often so I guess I'll just have to get used to overnight transcodes at UHD.
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

SimonM wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:08 am
MartyMcNuts wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:11 am
Sadly, that I don't have. I don't tend to rip very often so I guess I'll just have to get used to overnight transcodes at UHD.
If you have a decent (and recent) Intel CPU, you could try using Intel's quicksync. It won't be as quick as NVENC but should be quicker than 100% software encoding.
SimonM

Post by SimonM »

MartyMcNuts wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:38 am
If you have a decent (and recent) Intel CPU, you could try using Intel's quicksync. It won't be as quick as NVENC but should be quicker than 100% software encoding.
My processor is a 9880H (9th-gen Core i9 mobile) courtesy of a 16” MacBook Pro. No idea what that means for H.265 support but I’m almost certain that 10-bit UHD acceleration is not supported. That’s fine because I literally only own one UHD disc so far and I don’t care if my computer chugs away overnight, or even when I’m using it for light tasks. I do have Windows installed via Boot Camp so I can always experiment there. I found that H.265 is required for acceptable HDR UHD compatibility.

Anyway, I don’t want to derail this thread too much. Thanks very much for the drive. It’s invaluable for restoring my CD collection after a major theft.
Oleo75

Post by Oleo75 »

I picked up a BP60NB10 with SVC Code NB10 and Ver 1.02 I'm guessing that won't flash according to the thread.. :?
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

Oleo75 wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:46 pm
I picked up a BP60NB10 with SVC Code NB10 and Ver 1.02 I'm guessing that won't flash according to the thread.. :?
Yeah, the latest BP60NB10 with 1.02 (encrypted firmware) can still be flashed. Please use the "SDFtool Flasher".
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

Hi folks,

Just letting you know:

I currently have:

2 x BH16NS55's in stock, UHD capable and ready to post. AUD$155.00 each.

5 x WP/BP50NB40's in stock, cross-flashed, UHD capable and ready to post. AUD$210.00 each.

Internal Desktop Drives:

External Slim Drives:
LG WP/BP50NB40 (cross-flashed to BP60NB10 or BU40N) = AUD$210.00