UHD Enabled Drives (Australia, NZ & Singapore) & DIY "Single Drive Flasher UI" available worldwide!!

Paid services by fellow forum members. Not affiliated with MakeMKV.
MartyMcNuts

Re: UHD Friendly & Official drives for sale & flashing service (currently Australia & NZ only)

Post by MartyMcNuts »

Spicy wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:32 am
Hi there, sorry if this has been asked before but am wondering if there are any external blu ray drives here in Oz that are UHD friendly
Well, the answer is technically, yes there is one. Let me explain....

Basically, I am able to get the LG BP50NB40 in Australia, then cross-flash it to be a BP60NB10 using my hybrid firmware. I simply haven't added this drive to my list as it is very rarely asked for and it is not as good as a BU40N.

Maybe I will add it to my list, at least temporarily, to see if there are many (any) takers...

As I said, I can get them and they are a bit cheaper than a BU40N. If you would like a quote, please email me: martymcnuts@outlook.com
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
MartyMcNuts

Re: UHD Friendly & Official drives for sale & flashing service (currently Australia & NZ only)

Post by MartyMcNuts »

G'Day fella's,

Just letting you know, I had 6 x BH16NS55's arrive yesterday. These are now UHD Friendly and ready to post. AUD$155.00 each.

***FREE Regular (or $10.00 Express) postage Australia wide (AUD$25.00 postage to New Zealand)***

I am happy to check availability / order other drives on request. See below:

Internal Desktop Drives:
ASUS BW-16D1HT-PRO = $210.00
LG WH16NS60 = $$$ PLEASE ASK $$$

External Slim Drives:
LG BU40N with Vantec NST-510S3-BK Enclosure = $$$ PLEASE ASK $$$
Buffalo BRUHD-PU3-BK = $$$ PLEASE ASK $$$
Archgon MD-8107S-U3-UHD = $$$ PLEASE ASK $$$
LG BP50NB40 (cross-flashed to BP60NB10) = AUD$210.00

PM or email me: martymcnuts@outlook.com
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

Howdy peep's,

Just letting you know, I currently have 4 x BH16NS55's available now, UHD Friendly and ready to post. AUD$155.00 each.

***FREE Regular (or $10.00 Express) postage Australia wide (AUD$25.00 postage to New Zealand)***

Internal Desktop Drives:

External Slim Drives:

MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

Hello there ladies & gentlemen,

Just letting you know, I currently have 4 x BH16NS55's available now, UHD friendly and ready to post. AUD$155.00 each.

Internal Desktop Drives:

External Slim Drives:

DazaAOD

Post by DazaAOD »

Hi everyone,

Just want to confirm that I purchased one of the pre-flashed drives through MartyMcNuts and I'm very pleased with the outcome of the product. Everything worked no hassle, was able to do as intended with my UHD blu-ray disks. However, I'm having an issue now using the internal drive with the Vantec NST-536S3-BK NexStar DX, the external enclosure that turns the internal drive into an external drive, as my PC case doesn't have an optical drive bay. Before I was just plugging the drive in directly from the motherboard and power supply and having it sit on a cardboard box which seemed to work with no issues, however once I enclosed it in the Vantec case, it seems to no longer be able to read the disks on MakeMKV BETA. I will try to get to the root of this issue and provide any updates on my progress.

UPDATE
Managed to get it working with basic troubleshooting. All works well! :D
jonghotti

Post by jonghotti »

Three credits! Wait now I’m doing it too!!!
The Original "UHD Friendly" Drive Seller
https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17829
Manannan

Post by Manannan »

Thank you for this helpful information.

I have a laptop so I need a USB drive, but I want to avoid those laptop style drives which require you to 'click' the disk into the drive. I am worried about long term durability. From what I can tell all of the items on the list are either desktop drives or portable 'laptop' style drives.

Can you recommend a portable tray loading drive which I UHD friendly and can work with LibreDrive?

Thanks,
Andrew Lay
jonghotti

Post by jonghotti »

Yes either of the internal desktop drives listed above there's ASUS and an LG. Thank you.
The Original "UHD Friendly" Drive Seller
https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17829
Manannan

Post by Manannan »

With respect I don't think you understood my question, the two which you recommended are desktop drives??? Am I missing something here.

Thanks,
Andrew Lay
Maca5631

Post by Maca5631 »

Manannan wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:25 am
With respect I don't think you understood my question, the two which you recommended are desktop drives??? Am I missing something here.
Hi Andrew.

You're correct, they are desktop drives
However they would require mounting in an enclosure such as the OWC Mercury Pro or similar.
The drive would then be 'portable', although considerably more bulky (and far heavier if using the OWC enclosure) than a 'laptop' style drive.
It would also require it's own power supply.
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

Manannan wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:38 am
Thank you for this helpful information.

I have a laptop so I need a USB drive, but I want to avoid those laptop style drives which require you to 'click' the disk into the drive. I am worried about long term durability. From what I can tell all of the items on the list are either desktop drives or portable 'laptop' style drives.

Can you recommend a portable tray loading drive which I UHD friendly and can work with LibreDrive?

Thanks,
Andrew Lay
That's all there is. The desktop drives can be made external via an enclosure or a SATA/USB powered adapter. All of the UHD capable laptop slim external drives require the disc to be clicked in to place.
Hypothesis

Post by Hypothesis »

Hi all,

I bought the Archgon MD-8107S-U3YC-UHD and it's absolutely wonderful! The little carry case is perfect and I'm finally able to rip my blu rays. It's just finished one movie and now I'm on to do another. Never been more happy to buy something on a whim before! 10/10 would recommend if your australian and need the right drive.
Manannan

Post by Manannan »

I recently bought a UHD drive from Marty McNuts.

My experience was really good.

He was able to answer all of the questions that I had, and he was able to source non-standard equipment for me as well.

The product arrived on time and as expected.

Highly recommended :)
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

Hello there folks,

Just letting you know:
  • I currently have 9 x BH16NS55's available now, UHD friendly and ready to post. AUD$155.00 each.
  • I currently have 1 x BP50NB40 in stock, UHD capable and ready to post. AUD$210.00 each.

***FREE Regular (or $10.00 Express) postage Australia wide (AUD$25.00 postage to New Zealand). For other International locations, please ask for a quote.***

Internal Desktop Drives:

External Slim Drives:

SoulSurvivor

Post by SoulSurvivor »

Hi everyone,

I just received and tested my UHD drive that was purchase from Marty.
Not only everything works perfectly (I'm currently ripping an 4k UHD disc!) but you have with him a 5 stars service!
Always nice and give quick answers, super professional guy!

I strongly recommand Marty, you will not be desapointed !

Thanks again a lot !
Gab