Billycar11 Selling Flashed Pioneer UHD Drives, Remote Flashing,Tested& Makemkv Discount

Paid services by fellow forum members. Not affiliated with MakeMKV.
architekt

Re: Selling UltraHD Friendly+Official UHD drives,USB,USB C,sleep bug fix,Remote Flashing,Tested no read errors

Post by architekt »

I emailed Billy on a Sunday evening east coast time with some questions before buying, not expecting a response for a few days. To my surprise he replied super-fast and succinctly answered each question. I then paid him, and he shipped it out Monday. The drive arrived that Wednesday. Due note we're in the same state, so your ship times may vary but I was pleasantly surprised at the fast turnaround time from payment to shipping. The drive is as advertised, an external LG BU40N in Aluminum USB case that comes with both a USB C cable and one of those USB type A cables that has 2 cables coming out of it: one for extra power (that the drive needs), and one for the actual data transfer. Unlike my previous Buffalo drive, this USB type A cable is just a normal, non-proprietary, standard cable that you could easily replace if you lost it, or your cat chewed on it. The drive is pre-flashed, so no work needed on your part, it's literally plug and play and ready to go with MakeMKV (or whatever other software you use). Furthermore, he answered questions after purchase, so the customer service all around is as good as can be. Can't recommend ordering from him enough.
toastyduck

Re: Selling UltraHD Friendly+Official UHD drives,USB,USB C,sleep bug fix,Remote Flashing,Tested no read errors

Post by toastyduck »

I've been using MakeMKV forever and I've also been collecting 4K movies for a few years as well and I haven't had a way to rip them to add to my Plex server. Because of that I reached out to Billy asking about one of his drives. He replied back within hours and he had a drive shipped out the following day. He's been great with communicating things like cost, shipping details and confirmation that it was received, etc. Thank you so very much Billy for everything, you're the best!!

I immediately opened the drive and started ripping my 4K collection and I've only ran in to issues with 1 movie so far (out of 20). I'm sure that this is just an issue with my disc and it has nothing to do with the drive at all. Now it's time to re-purchase the best movies of all time and have an epic movie marathon (Yes I'm talking LotR's :D) Here's a pic of the drive hooked up to my 15" laptop doing it's thing ripping a disk for me.
Attachments
IMG_8186.jpg
IMG_8186.jpg (647.9 KiB) Viewed 7967 times
Jimmy2two

Post by Jimmy2two »

Just recently started my own media server and needed a way to rip my library and buying a pre-flashed drive was the easiest route. Given the price of UHD drives billy's price was more than fair given the service and he responded quickly. I emailed at 8pm local time and the drive was shipped out the next day. Works flawlessly. If you need a drive to create your digital library and are too nervous or don't have the technical knowledge required to flash a drive, I would absolutely recommend buying a drive from billy.
groseille

Post by groseille »

I tried flashing an old Blu-ray drive I had that's allegedly UHD-friendly, but somehow ended up bricking it instead. Instead of risking that again I thought I'd just buy a downgraded drive directly, found this thread and got in touch. Long story short, I ordered a drive, but never received it; it was most likely stolen. I worked with Billy to submit a claim to try recovering the insured value of the package and thought I'd cut my losses, but he went above and beyond what I'd expect from a non-corporate seller, and actually offered to send a replacement (which did arrive safely). Of course, the drive works flawlessly. I can't recommend Billy's service enough, and if you live in an area where package theft isn't unheard of, please don't be negligent like I was, ask in advance to ship with the signature required option.
usefulcat

Post by usefulcat »

Billy was very prompt. I contacted him on Friday afternoon and he shipped the drive the next day. The drive is working great. I've tried it with both Windows and MacOS. Thanks again Billy!
n2itit

Post by n2itit »

I highly recommend Billy if you're looking for a UHD drive to rip 4K content. He was responsive to all my newbie questions and walked me through the whole purchase steps with clear instructions. The drive arrived on time and has been easy to set up and use, working flawlessly with Makemkv. My only worry these days is dwindling disk space.
Dune_

Post by Dune_ »

Just placed my order with Billy.

@n2itit - If you're worried about space, a Drobo 5N will work wonders for you. I'm currently filling mine with 14 TB drives, on my 2nd with some smaller sized drives. Currently sitting at 10 TB free space. Time to get that 4k drive and fill it up...

I've been using the Drobo 5N for years to serve up my movies. When you need to add more space, its hot-swappable drive replacement is a nice feature and they don't need to be the same make or size drives.
ExcessInModeration

Post by ExcessInModeration »

Another satisfied customer of Billy's here. Emailed him late on a Friday night a few weeks ago, he replied with payment info, had it shipped the next day via USPS Priority and I had it two days later. The Archgon unit (slim aluminum case with an LG drive) he shipped came with USB-C and double-head USB-A cables and a nice little storage case and rips at a max 6x speed. I've now got my 200+ HD and UHD blu-ray collection on my NAS for easy access via Plex, fantastic!

Having an expert ensure a properly configured drive that's quickly delivered is well worth his nominal fee -- with supporting a loyal community member an added bonus. 5 stars, highly recommend!
raade

Post by raade »

Hi,

Just wanted to give a shout out to Billy for excellent service, really fast shipping and excellent merchandise. Highly recommend his service if you need a drive or flash.
The packaged that arrived looked professional and way better than anything I have purchased from Newegg or Microcenter. I purchased my drive on Thursday after 5:30 and drive delivered by noon Saturday.
Thanks Billy.
Iwerksco

Post by Iwerksco »

Have ripped a countless number of 4K, blue rays, and dvd's with the device, it works fast and easy and would recommend this to anyone who is in the market for it. Billy is the best!!
phantom0308

Post by phantom0308 »

Billy is really warmhearted!
Thanks to Billy's help, the private_data problem that has been bothering me for half a year has been solved.
Thank you very much!
rhett7660

Post by rhett7660 »

Purchased one... Great communication and worked flawlessly! Highly recommended.
gothepskemo2010

Post by gothepskemo2010 »

I contacted Billy over the weekend and heard from him the same day. Four days later the drive came in the mail and today I was able to successfully rip my first 4k blu ray. I strongly recommend talking to Billy if you are trying to build your own digital library!

Thanks, Billy!
tonymc

Post by tonymc »

Wow. I emailed Billy asking how to order, got a response, and ordered it. In the afternoon on a Friday. It arrived on Monday morning. It's fast and it works. Amazing.
MLAbram

Post by MLAbram »

Thank you, Billy, for a quality product, quick email response, and for shipping the drive promptly. You will be my "Go-To" person in the future.