For the Best Drives (ASUS & LG) and the Best Service (alexcoluzzi32@gmail.com) Click here!

Paid services by fellow forum members. Not affiliated with MakeMKV.
jonghotti

For the Best Drives (ASUS & LG) and the Best Service (alexcoluzzi32@gmail.com) Click here!

Post by jonghotti »

Update: March 5th, 2024

Vantec NexStar DX Enclosure has now been replaced with the new, faster, normally shaped DX2 enclosure! Same price, better product!

So I've found a few inquiries that went straight to my SPAM folder. I am so sorry about that and will be checking religiously from now on but please trust that I reply to EVERY email and text that comes in so if you don't hear back from me within a couple hours and you've emailed, try sending me a text instead. I'm sorry for the hassle. Modern technology, what can you do?

LG BU40N in USB 3.0 enclosures now back in stock.

I am still open and serving you 24x7 until it's announced otherwise. Buy with assurances that all the gear I sell is fully warrantied and good to go. ASUS BW-16D1HT LG BH16NS40 full sized drives, LG BU40N, BP50NB40, BP60NB10 slim drives - in stock and shipping daily!

My name is Alex, and for 5.75 years now I've been providing movie collectors with pre-configured and fully tested blu ray optical drives for the purpose of creating digital backup copies of 5.25" physical media. I ship anywhere and my drives are always brand new and fully warrantied. Buy more than one and enjoy a multi drive discount. I DO ship internationally. Hablo Espanol, ich spreche Deutsch, je parle français.

For prices and to order: EMAIL ME alexcoluzzi32@gmail.com or TEXT ME 650-850-2442. I try and sleep sometimes and will reply to your emails and texts ASAP when I'm awake. Check my feedback, customer service is what I'm about! Thank you for your continued support!

All drives listed below are:
-in stock and tested thoroughly with MakeMKV
-compatible with Windows, macOS, Linux
-running 4K UHD and LibreDrive compatible firmware.
-ready to backup (RIP) and burn all matter of 5.25" physical media (CD, DVD, Blu-Ray, 4K UHD Blu-Ray)
-guaranteed to work right out of the box

For current pricing, please
Email me: alexcoluzzi32@gmail.com
Text me: 650-850-2442

*soon to be discontinued.

UHD 4K "Friendly" and "Official" Blu Ray Optical Drives for sale:

LG BP50NB40 with firmware BU40N v1.00 Portable 6.0X Ultra HD 4K Blu-ray Burner External Drive - This is a 9.5mm drive in a USB 2.0 enclosure

LG BU40N SLIM “UHD Official” (9.5mm slim drive, with firmware v1.03, max rip speed 6.0X. Plays back 4K UHD )) Comes installed in a Vantec External USB 3.0 Enclosure but bare drives are available upon request. USB bus powered which is super cool! Easy Plug and Play!

ASUS BW-16D1HT "UHD Friendly" (5.25" full size, with firmware 3.10, rip 4K UHD Blu-rays at 8.0X. "Best Drive!!"
Sold as bare drive/internal OR installed in an External USB Enclosure made by Vantec or OWC

LG BH16NS40 "UHD Friendly" (full size, with firmware 1.02 and max rip speed of 8.0X
Sold as bare drive/internal OR installed in an External USB Enclosure made by Vantec or OWC

Please contact me for current pricing. This is an awesome community and it's a pleasure being able to serve you! Thank you so much,

Alex
Attachments
ASUS BW-16D1HT in Vantec Enclosure.jpg
ASUS BW-16D1HT in Vantec Enclosure.jpg (78.64 KiB) Viewed 213808 times
LG BU40N in Vantec Enclosure.jpg
LG BU40N in Vantec Enclosure.jpg (72.59 KiB) Viewed 249471 times
Last edited by jonghotti on Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:33 pm, edited 390 times in total.
The Original "UHD Friendly" Drive Seller
https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17829
annisman

Re: Need UHD friendly drives: meet the trifecta!

Post by annisman »

Truly a valuable service ! Thanks guys.
jonghotti

remember

Post by jonghotti »

None of this would be possible without the efforts of the MakeMKV development team.

Buy a license for the software, then buy the hardware from us. Guaranteed interoperability as we use it daily ourselves!
Last edited by jonghotti on Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
jonghotti

Re: Do you need "UHD Friendly" drives or flashing services? We do it all!

Post by jonghotti »

Lots of stock, ready to ship next day.
logic

Re: Buy "UHD Friendly" optical drives from us! We'll flash current drives as well!

Post by logic »

No profanity in Alex's emails to me, just chatting about local Mexican food joints and UHD drives. He seems like good people, although maybe a little busy. :)
dbeachy1

Re: Buy "UHD Friendly" optical drives from us! We'll flash current drives as well!

Post by dbeachy1 »

Just received my LG drive cross-flashed to Asus 3.01 firmware w/external USB enclosure from techman21 tonight, and I have to say these guys are absolutely first-rate! The drive is working great and is ripping my Star Wars The Last Jedi as I type this. 8) Fast shipping, good prices, great communication, and a pleasure to deal with!
EmKayVe

Post by EmKayVe »

@zombiemilkshake - Alex was awesome to deal with. I bought two drives and they were shipped the moment I mentioned interest. Did I mention they work?
MagnumXL

Post by MagnumXL »

Alex quickly sent out my LG drive in an in external case that works great with my Mac and MakeMKV. Thanks, Alex.
jonghotti

Post by jonghotti »

MagnumXL wrote:Alex quickly sent out my LG drive in an in external case that works great with my Mac and MakeMKV. Thanks, Alex.

Thank you sir.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
cwesley

Post by cwesley »

Posting to PM
Dazler

Post by Dazler »

Thanks,

I ordered from techman but I also talked to Alex.

Alex is super cool.

I was able to burn a copy of my 4k black panther no issues at all.

LG flashed with ASUS on Vantec external.

Can’t be any easier.

Just order one if you are reading..
Save yourself the trouble of flashing.
samadams

Post by samadams »

Just placed order with Alex. Super cool guy. Hopefully will get my drive within next few days as both are us in CA. :) :D
jonghotti

Post by jonghotti »

samadams wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:38 am
Just placed order with Alex. Super cool guy. Hopefully will get my drive within next few days as both are us in CA. :) :D
Thanks Sam.
Last edited by jonghotti on Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
johnny15

Re: Buy a 4K-UHD-Ready drive here! Enclosures and Free Flashing also availble!

Post by johnny15 »

Ordered a drive from Alex. Super easy to work with and great turn-around time. Already have it installed and running in my PC!!
logic

Re: Buy a 4K-UHD-Ready drive here! Enclosures and Free Flashing also availble!

Post by logic »

Alex is good people, I'm ripping with the drive he sent me as I type this.

And if you're nice to him, you might even get hand-written Australian love-notes in the package. :lol: