For the Best Drives (ASUS & LG) and the Best Service (alexcoluzzi32@gmail.com) Click here!

Paid services by fellow forum members. Not affiliated with MakeMKV.
durrmann

Re: Get your drives here: ASUS BW-16D1HT (the best!), LG BU40N, LG WH16NS60. alexcoluzzi32@gmail.com for the best servic

Post by durrmann »

Even though in the end i did not order a drive from Alex, i really appreciate Alex's prompt reply and kindness. It seems like i had overseen the shipping costs from the US to my country, which makes it rather attractive to try to do the necessary process of firmware flashing by myself.
For people without a technical background i would however definitely recommend to buy the devices here.
krole

Re: Get your drives here: ASUS BW-16D1HT (the best!), LG BU40N, LG WH16NS60. alexcoluzzi32@gmail.com for the best servic

Post by krole »

I bought an ASUS BW-16D1HT with OWC Mercury Pro from Alex and it arrived today. He shipped it quickly and it was packaged well. Would recommend. Haven't tested it with a UHD disc yet but it worked well on things my other drive was having issues with.

Thanks!
fred.d.p

Post by fred.d.p »

I ordered a UHD-friendly Asus drive from Alex on Saturday afternoon. Arrived this morning (Monday) and I'm already up and running ripping UHD disks. Awesome and amazingly fast service. Highly recommended!
gbleeker

Post by gbleeker »

I also ordered a UHD drive from Alex, and he had it shipped and a tracking number available before I paid :)

It is a great pleasure to have a pre-flashed drive that was just ready to plug in. Ripping easily. Thanks Alex.
JustScott

Post by JustScott »

I ordered the ASUS drive in an enclosure on Saturday. It was shipped the same day and arrived on Tuesday.

It was well packaged and exactly what I ordered. Would by from Alex again.
chatorrewa

Post by chatorrewa »

I emailed Alex on Tuesday with what I was looking for and he helped me find the right setup. Drive arrived today. Already ripped and watched my first movie. Alex was helpful throughout and incredibly responsive.
everythinggoesdumb

Post by everythinggoesdumb »

I’ve been holding off on an UHD drive due to storage space and a genuine fear of how little I understand about libredrive. Alex was extremely patient and knowledgeable, helping me decide which worked best for my needs. Once I made a decision, everything was shipped that day and arrived shortly after. This drive (ASUS) not only does UHD, but is much faster than my previous BR drive and better with some of my CDs (getting AccurateRips using dbPowerAmp). Plus he was pretty cool. Definitely recommend to those on the fence.
willtothewong

Post by willtothewong »

Hello all, I am yet another person who purchased a drive (Asus BW-161HT w/ an OWC Mercury Enclosure) from Alex and everything from my first initial email asking about what's what to actually receiving the drive in the mail (2 days shipped for me), I can say with confidence he is the man!

In fact, I just ripped my first movie from the drive and it not only ripped smoothly, playback went without a hitch!

I recommend his product and service to anyone looking for a reliable way to rip 4k UHD movies.
jonghotti

Post by jonghotti »

Thank you so much William. Out of curiosity did you rip to mkv files or use the "full disc backup" feature of the MakeMKV program? Also what does you playback setup consist of?

Personally I either play the full disc backups (in BDMV folder format) off a hard drive plugged into my Oppo 203 UHD player's USB input. I also use the Infuse Pro client running on my Apple TV 4K that manages my library of rips, stored on a Windows 10 Pro PC, and streams them from the PC's shared network folders. It's really slick either way.

Thanks again to you and everyone else's very kind words. This is the best community of folks anywhere!!
The Original "UHD Friendly" Drive Seller
https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17829
willtothewong

Post by willtothewong »

jonghotti wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:42 pm
Thank you so much William. Out of curiosity did you rip to mkv files or use the "full disc backup" feature of the MakeMKV program? Also what does you playback setup consist of?

Personally I either play the full disc backups (in BDMV folder format) off a hard drive plugged into my Oppo 203 UHD player's USB input. I also use the Infuse Pro client running on my Apple TV 4K that manages my library of rips, stored on a Windows 10 Pro PC, and streams them from the PC's shared network folders. It's really slick either way.

Thanks again to you and everyone else's very kind words. This is the best community of folks anywhere!!
Let's see, since I don't know what "full disc backup" is on MakeMKV, I am going to assume I just ripped them the "normal" way, aka, I open the drive (Asus BW-161HT w/ an OWC Mercury Enclosure), put the 4k UHD Disc in, open the program and proceed with no changes and hit the makeMKV button.

And for playback:
1. I test each file FULL SIZED MKV with VLC (which works perfectly with these 4k UHD rips)
2. Then I use handbrake to encode them down into more manageable file sizes
3. I throw them on my external hard drive (OWC 4-bay) which is attached to my 2019 iMac
4a. Since I have Plex installed on my iMac, I then use my Apple TV to stream it locally to my TV
4b. On my external, I have my movies and tv shows organized this way:
External hard drive: OWC 4-bay --> Folder: Movies --> Folder: MovieTitle (Year) --> Movie File: NameOfMovie(Year).mkv

Note: Since I just started ripping the 4k movies I have, I have yet to actually play them from my Apple TV yet. I will update this post after I tested out a few.

My hardware and software set up (again, I will update this post after I verify a few movies)
Plex version 1.21.0.3711
MacOS Big Sur 11.0.1
2019 iMac, Retina 5K
3.6ghz 8-Core i9
32gb DDR4
Radeon Pro Vega 48

I hope this helps anyone who is curious.
Tanquen

Post by Tanquen »

I have the ASUS BW-16D1HT that I flashed myself and out of maybe 120 4k UHD discs only 3 or 4 I've not been able to backup as they get stuck on a bad sector. I've gotten replacements for a few and they work but I'd like to get a second drive and wondered if there is one that has better luck with hard to read discs?
jonghotti

Post by jonghotti »

Tanquen wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:38 pm
I have the ASUS BW-16D1HT that I flashed myself and out of maybe 120 4k UHD discs only 3 or 4 I've not been able to backup as they get stuck on a bad sector. I've gotten replacements for a few and they work but I'd like to get a second drive and wondered if there is one that has better luck with hard to read discs?
You should be all set. Thank you!

Alex
The Original "UHD Friendly" Drive Seller
https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17829
noved

Post by noved »

I would like to add my name to the list of very satisfied Alex Coluzzi customers. I had an older non-Libre compatible drive that was giving me more problems than it was worth. After discovering this thread I reached out to Alex. He is extremely knowledgeable, helpful, friendly, and a 110% trusted supplier in my book. He had a new drive sent to me within a week and the entire process was professional and went through without a hitch. I've had my new drive for a couple weeks now and have not had a single problem with any of my discs. I've even gone back and burned a few older discs I had given up on because of my old drive and this new one happily read them. THANK you Alex!
blbusick

Post by blbusick »

Just curious if the email address above is still the right one for Alex? I reached out a few days ago about buying a drive and just wanted to make sure he got it. Thanks!!
vamakemvk

Post by vamakemvk »

blbusick wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:48 pm
Just curious if the email address above is still the right one for Alex? I reached out a few days ago about buying a drive and just wanted to make sure he got it. Thanks!!
Same thing happened to me. He actually responded last week, then I replied this week, but haven't heard back from him. Hope he is ok. Email address looks correct.