[Offer] Cross-Flashed OWC Mercury Pro Optical Drives | Quantity: 2

Paid services by fellow forum members. Not affiliated with MakeMKV.
MKV Maker

[Offer] Cross-Flashed OWC Mercury Pro Optical Drives | Quantity: 2

Post by MKV Maker »

Disclaimer: I am not trying to compete with anyone in any way. All of the following is true – no scams here.

I have got two optical drives in mint condition purchased years back directly from OWC. The actual drive inside of their super nice aluminium chassis is LG WH16NS40 but interestingly they removed that specification from the product page. Personally I cross-flashed them to version 1.02mk [HL DT ST BD RE WH16NS60 1.02 NM00100 211810291936]. The console application packaged with MakeMKV was used to do so. This removes the UHD sleep bug. I need them no more and have not since I procured a cross-flashed Pioneer BDR-S13U-X. Simply I do not use them, they are just sitting dormant, and someone somewhere can use them. The backstory is this. MakeMKV was not always accessible to screen readers. I am totally physically blind and use VoiceOver on operating systems by Apple. I had these drives long prior to me being able to use MakeMKV and having any UHD Blu-ray Disc discs. Back then I had one of these Mercury Pro drives, changed the region code thrice to accommodate the regions of DVDs I had, and now it is set to region 1 with capability to be changed once more. The second I procured because I wished not change it for the final time and purchased another to change once to region 2 on which it remains. I wish I would have used a Windows virtual machine with AnyDVD HD or MakeMKV before changing region settings on the drives. None of this matters now for we all use MakeMKV thereby making the region setting moot.

The package [or packages if you decide to buy both of them] will include their original boxes and things that came inside of the boxes. Without eyesight I cannot verify which ones go in which boxes. I really hope serial numbers are not on the boxes and these are interchangeable with the boxes for that will bother me greatly otherwise. The price for each is US$130 via PayPal primarily because they contain firmware that is not found on them if purchased from mainstream sources. I will despatch only within United States partly because I know not how much cost of carriage will be to any destination for I lack a scale. If interested then send me a private message via this forum and we can discuss.