Billycar11 Selling Flashed Pioneer UHD Drives USA only, Remote Flashing,Tested& Makemkv Discount Code

Paid services by fellow forum members. Not affiliated with MakeMKV.
notwork

Re: Selling Flashed UHD Drives Pioneer & LG,USB/C,sleep bug fix,Remote Flashing,Tested no errors& Makemkv Discount $10 o

#616 Post by notwork » Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:34 pm

Another happy customer. :)
Ordered the Pioneer BDR-S13U-X, showed up in just a couple days with 1.03 firmware and worked perfectly with MakeMKV. Thanks for the great service you provide!

gander2112

Re: Selling Flashed UHD Drives Pioneer & LG,USB/C,sleep bug fix,Remote Flashing,Tested no errors& Makemkv Discount $10 o

#617 Post by gander2112 » Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:10 pm

I exchanged a couple messages with Billy on Friday the 20th, I sent my funds, Billy shipped it on Saturday, and today, Monday the 23rd it arrived.
It was as expected, I dropped it into a spare OWC case, and fired it up. Ripped a couple of discs, and all is great.
If you are on the fence, and are in the US, I can whole heartedly endorse Billy. A 100% class act, fast shipper, and as expected.
A great experience!

Pyotr

#618 Post by Pyotr » Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:29 am

Ordered a "Pre Flashed Pioneer BDR-212 SATA 5.25 SATA with BDR-212UBK Firmware". Shipping label was generated in less than an hour.

Billy was friendly and answered my two questions via e-mail, also in under an hour. 8)

26-10-2023 Update 1: Drive received today. Appears to be working fine, looks brand new (comes in plain brown box, maybe OEM or refurb?). Anyway, testing with an audio cd for now, it works fine and is quiet. No MakeMKV access and UHD/BD until later.

26-10-2023 Update 2: Drive works as advertised in MakeMKV. I don't have AnyDVD to test, but the drive works as DVD and BD in the blue monkey, but doesn't support UHD. Not a knock, just sharing for info. Overall happy with the purchase and would recommend if someone just wants a drive and doesn't have time or want to fiddle / gamble.
Last edited by Pyotr on Fri Oct 27, 2023 1:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
All of us return to dust.

thePENGUIN

#619 Post by thePENGUIN » Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:44 am

Hi, I'm a new member whom is seeking information and advice about backing up my physical media collection.
I would appreciate any and all advice/suggestions on what is the best value external drive that is compatible with
my outdated pc. My goal is to play, backup, and burn Blu-ray, Blu-ray 3D, and UHD-4k disk. I'm aware that most drives can only read uhd-4k disk does not write. I would prefer one that can read and write all disk formats. If you have a new one for sale that meets my needs and system requirements, please let me know my pc info is listed below.

Thank you.

PC: HP 550-153w
CPU: intel(R) i3-4170 @ 3.70GHz
RAM: 6GB ddr3
win: 10 ver. 1909
GPU: intel hd integrated graphics

Billycar11

#620 Post by Billycar11 » Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:23 pm

thePENGUIN wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:44 am
Hi, I'm a new member whom is seeking information and advice about backing up my physical media collection.
I would appreciate any and all advice/suggestions on what is the best value external drive that is compatible with
my outdated pc. My goal is to play, backup, and burn Blu-ray, Blu-ray 3D, and UHD-4k disk. I'm aware that most drives can only read uhd-4k disk does not write. I would prefer one that can read and write all disk formats. If you have a new one for sale that meets my needs and system requirements, please let me know my pc info is listed below.

Thank you.

PC: HP 550-153w
CPU: intel(R) i3-4170 @ 3.70GHz
RAM: 6GB ddr3
win: 10 ver. 1909
GPU: intel hd integrated graphics
I would recommend any of the pioneers.
They will work for all that I don't recommend burning though just rip them to a hdd to go through the hassle of burning and trying to get the burns to work on a bluray player
Last edited by Billycar11 on Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com

titaniumwombat

#621 Post by titaniumwombat » Thu Oct 26, 2023 5:35 pm

Looking at purchasing a Pioneer 212 or the LG BP50 drive for remote flashing. Is there anything that would hinder the remote flashing service from working?

Balthazar2k4

#622 Post by Balthazar2k4 » Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:16 pm

Ordered my S13 from Billycar11 on Saturday, but I fear mine is lost in the USPS void. Tracking hasn't changed in a few days. Just says running late. Pretty bummed as I have a couple discs that are causing trouble on my LG drives and I am pretty confident a Pioneer drive could read them. What I can say is that the seller has been very responsive to questions and shipped the day I ordered. Maybe a shipping option other than USPS would be nice. I generally avoid them like the plague.

Bungle

#623 Post by Bungle » Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:49 pm

I just wanted to pop in and say that I purchased two Pioneer S13U-X drives from Billy and they arrived quickly, and in perfect cosmetic condition and working order. Excellent communication, helpful, courteous, and the fact that he was able to even make these drives able to use the old firmware is phenomenal as I was a victim of the firmware updates Pioneer put up (and my own ignorance).

Billycar11

#624 Post by Billycar11 » Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:50 am

titaniumwombat wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 5:35 pm
Looking at purchasing a Pioneer 212 or the LG BP50 drive for remote flashing. Is there anything that would hinder the remote flashing service from working?
for the pioneer if the fw is to new it cant be flashed
the lg should be no problem long as you have windows and makemkv
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831

spinout

#625 Post by spinout » Sat Oct 28, 2023 12:13 am

Add yet another voice to the chorus... emailed Billy to start the ordering process, and within 48 hours had a Pioneer BDR-212 drive (shipped across the country), recommended Vantec case from Amazon, downloaded MakeMKV and read my first (non-BR) DVD without any issue. Running MacOS Sonoma 14.0 on an M1 Mac mini. Could not be smoother from start to finish.

widgets08

#626 Post by widgets08 » Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:40 am

Contacted Billy on Saturday night after my WH16NS60 died on me and had a new BDR-212 installed and working by Wednesday. Been working with it for 4 days and haven't had a single issue. Smooth transaction, fast shipping and well packaged. Couldn't be happier!

CapnCrunch

#627 Post by CapnCrunch » Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:11 pm

First off, apologies if I'm asking questions that have already been asked but this thread is huge and the information seems to change as new devices/firmwares are released. I registered to send you a PM but it gives me an error about not being authorised to use that feature. I wanted to ask your opinion before purchasing a drive from you.

I would prefer an external drive so that I can rip UHD Blu-rays from both my desktop and laptop which has me leaning towards the LG BP50NB40. You say the Pioneer is better but how-so? Is it so much better that I would give up ripping from the laptop and only do it from the desktop? I see you also recommend USB enclosures to effectively make the Pioneer external but is it really worth the added cost over the LG?

Also, you have the 3 Pioneers listed for sale but I can't figure out what makes one worth so much more over another. Your Ultimate UHD Drives Flashing Guide shows all 3 at being the same speed unless I'm missing something? There's a big difference from $158 and $393 why would one be so much more expensive if it rips at the same speed?

If I do end up buying the LG BP50NB40 should I just buy it from the local Best Buy for $114 (after tax) and buy your remote flashing service for $25? That would be $18 less than just buying a flashed drive from you and I wouldn't have to wait for shipping. Do you do additional testing or something on the ones you purchase and flash yourself that makes them worth the extra $$ and wait time for shipping?

My end goal is to rip around 2 dozen UHD Blu-rays to then run through handbrake and add to a Plex server. Time is kind of important as I need to get it all done in a couple weeks before I go out of town which is why I'm just wanting to stop at Best Buy to purchase it.

Thanks for your time! Really appreciate the help and service you provide here!

Billycar11

#628 Post by Billycar11 » Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:26 pm

CapnCrunch wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:11 pm

Difference in the pioneers is quality quietness and looks.
s13ux 39db
S13UBK 40-41
212 44db
Bp60/BU40N/bp60 51 db
The pioneers can be made external as cheap is $25 don't let USB be the deciding factor on a drive the pioneer are way better they don't do weird stuff that makes them need to be rebooted. Like the LG/Asus drives do.

MKV Maker

#629 Post by MKV Maker » Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:28 pm

I will not speak on behalf of anyone else but trust the LG drive of any model to be absolutely inferior in every way to any Pioneer drive – especially the BDR-S13J/U-X model. I have got one of them and of course in a Vantec DX2 enclosure plus two LG WH16NS40 drives purchased from OWC flashed to version 1.02MK firmware. The Pioneer drive is very very much more quiet even on Performance Mode, contains PureRead in real-time which is Pioneers accuracy functionality for audio discs, and the ability to interpolate sectors rather than stop on damaged sectors amongst other capabilities. A major reason why the Pioneer BDR-S13J/U-X is so expensive is because of Pioneer’s supreme build quality and impecable attention to detail for all components; Japan truly does it best. Nothing by LG ever compared. In fact this Pioneer model drive is absolutely second to none in every sense of the phrase. It is more slow but of course more reliable and accurate. Never would I use a LG drive unless absolutely necessary. I use a Pioneer BDR-S13J/U-X in combination with a MacBook Pro and MakeMKV.

CapnCrunch

#630 Post by CapnCrunch » Thu Nov 02, 2023 4:50 pm

Billycar11 wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:26 pm
CapnCrunch wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:11 pm

Difference in the pioneers is quality quietness and looks.
s13ux 39db
S13UBK 40-41
212 44db
Bp60/BU40N/bp60 51 db
The pioneers can be made external as cheap is $25 don't let USB be the deciding factor on a drive the pioneer are way better they don't do weird stuff that makes them need to be rebooted. Like the LG/Asus drives do.
Thank you so much for your responses here and in email. I sent the $158 for the Pioneer BDR-212 via Google Pay and look forward to ripping my Blue-ray discs when it arrives.