Running multiple instance of MakeMKV

Discussion of LibreDrive mode, compatible drives and firmwares
Konten

Running multiple instance of MakeMKV

Post by Konten »

I've read on here that there are quite a few people running a number of MMKV instances at the same time using multiple drives.

I would be able to do this only via a USB hub as I don't have enough free ports on my Mac. Provided the hub supplies enough power, is there a downside to not connecting the drives directly to a computer? For example, is data corruption more likely when ripping? Blu-rays should be ok because of hash table checking but there is no such check for DVDs.
Woodstock

Re: Running multiple instance of MakeMKV

Post by Woodstock »

You can enable "Single drive mode" by checking the box, "Ask for singe drive mode" on the IO section of preferences. That will turn on asking any time more than one drive is detected... Which would only be when you have more than one drive plugged in. Only one drive? You won't be asked about it.

I've run with up to 3 drives hooked up at a time, ripping at the same time. Errors on one do not affect others.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Konten

Re: Running multiple instance of MakeMKV

Post by Konten »

Woodstock wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:04 pm
You can enable "Single drive mode" by checking the box, "Ask for singe drive mode" on the IO section of preferences. That will turn on asking any time more than one drive is detected... Which would only be when you have more than one drive plugged in. Only one drive? You won't be asked about it.

I've run with up to 3 drives hooked up at a time, ripping at the same time. Errors on one do not affect others.
Great! Thanks, Woodstock!!