LibreDrive (Possible with patched firmware, patched version available)

Discussion of LibreDrive mode, compatible drives and firmwares
bubbascant

LibreDrive (Possible with patched firmware, patched version available)

Post by bubbascant »

I have an Asus BW-16D1HT internal blu ray drive. It is version 3.10. LibreDrive Information is shown in the attachment. I see many things on the MakeMkv Forum but before embarking further, I'd really appreciate it if someone could make this less confusing. I had already updated my Asus so that LibreDrive would show in the MakeMKV software, which is does. However, as you can see in the attached image, it is showing "Possible with patched firmware" or "patched version available" several times in the information. I am unable to rip UHD blu ray movies and seems that this is the issue. I have seen YouTube videos showing MakeMKV and LibreDrive where it shows information without this patched version or firmware.
What am I missing on how to update this LibreDrive further so it removes the "possible with patched firmware, patched version available"? And I want to make sure I don't hose the Asus drive as it's working fine on any DVD or Blu Rays outside the UHD (ultra violet?) movies I'm trying to rip.

Please forgive me for adding a forum post as I know there is much provided already but I am having a difficult time grasping exactly what to do. Is there someone who can (or provide a link) make a simple, easy to understand step-by-step instruction on what I need to do to remove the patched verbiage so it will rip any movie? I do see people on the forum who will flash the Asus drive for me but I don't think I really need to buy that. Again, I believe I did add the 3.10 update maybe 18 months ago so LibreDrive was on the MakeMKV software, but it just didn't do all it needed to to get the LibreDrive to allow MakeMKV to read/rip the UHD movie.

Many thanks.
d00zah

Re: LibreDrive (Possible with patched firmware, patched version available)

Post by d00zah »

The 1st post of Ultimate UHD Drives Flashing Guide Updated 2023 is maintained & considered the definitive guide to updating the drive FW. Ask for any clarifications after reading.

Additional resource which may cover future ??s:

UHD FAQ
bubbascant

Post by bubbascant »

Thank you so much for your reply. I went through the Flashing Guide Updated 2023 link as well as the UHD FAQ you provided. I'm so sorry but I am still confused and unsure as to what to do.

Let me try this another way. Has firmware version 3.10 already been flashed? I didn't do it based on videos I've been reviewing in how someone shows flashing their drive. I do know I had to update from version 3.01 (?) or some version when I first was starting to use MakeMKV so that LibreDrive showed up and/or ripped Blu Rays in MakeMKV.

There are two things I'm not understanding:

1. How do I get LibreDrive information to not show the "with patched firmware" or "patched version available"? If I flash my drive so I can burn UHD movies, will these "patched" things shown below be gone?

2. Should I be on version 3.11 or 3.12 perhaps? Is that what I'm missing somehow? I'm assuming that version is available in a forum post?

Also, in reviewing the two links you sent, I am not seeing the specific "flash" I am supposed to download, and if I do find it with your guidance, how I am supposed to install it.

As always, I deeply appreciate the help here.

BTW, I am on MakeMKV version 1.17.5 which is the latest version as of today.

Below is what my Asus drive is showing with MakeMKV:

Drive Information
OS device name: \Device\CdRom0
Current profile: DVD-ROM
Manufacturer: ASUS
Product: BW-16D1HT
Revision: 3.10
Serial number: KLEJ65E5931
Firmware date: 2119-01-04 10:14
Bus encryption flags: 1F

LibreDrive Information
Drive platform: MT1959
Harware support: Yes
Firmware support: No
Firmware type: Original (patched version available)
Firmware version: 3.10
DVD all regions: Possible (with patched firmware)
BD raw data read: Possible (with patched firmware)
BD raw metadata read: Possible (with patched firmware)
Unrestricted read speed: Possible (with patched firmware)

Thanks!
Coopervid

Post by Coopervid »

bubbascant wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:15 pm
Thank you so much for your reply. I went through the Flashing Guide Updated 2023 link as well as the UHD FAQ you provided. I'm so sorry but I am still confused and unsure as to what to do.

Let me try this another way. Has firmware version 3.10 already been flashed? I didn't do it based on videos I've been reviewing in how someone shows flashing their drive. I do know I had to update from version 3.01 (?) or some version when I first was starting to use MakeMKV so that LibreDrive showed up and/or ripped Blu Rays in MakeMKV.

1. How do I get LibreDrive information to not show the "with patched firmware" or "patched version available"? If I flash my drive so I can burn UHD movies, will these "patched" things shown below be gone?

2. Should I be on version 3.11 or 3.12 perhaps? Is that what I'm missing somehow? I'm assuming that version is available in a forum post?

Also, in reviewing the two links you sent, I am not seeing the specific "flash" I am supposed to download, and if I do find it with your guidance, how I am supposed to install it.

Drive Information

LibreDrive Information

Thanks!
READ what d00zah has posted!! Flash your drive!
bubbascant

Post by bubbascant »

I apologize and don't mean to frustrate anyone here.
I went to both pages of the links you sent and am not seeing any flash link or otherwise that d00zah posted.
The only thing I see with d00zah on the first link you sent is:
This Guide Is Made By: Billy/Billycar11, MartyMcNuts, Blackened2687, d00zah, mike admin, SamuriHL, st4evr, TeddyRaspin, Woodstock, Bluntman, Alex/jonghotti, garygomm

And I don't see anything with d00zah on the second link.

I'm so sorry. Are you saying he's posted this in another forum Post? Would you be able to provide that for me?

Really appreciate it and am sorry I'm not getting this solved.

Thanks so much.
d00zah

Post by d00zah »

bubbascant wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:15 pm

Drive Information

LibreDrive Information

Thanks!
The guide recommends:

Asus BW-16D1HT on any Firmware directly to > Asus BW-16D1HT 3.10MK

filename = ASUS-BW-16D1HT-3.10-WM01601-211901041014.bin

Asus BW-16D1HT 3.10MK is a patched version of what you have now, hence the "Possible (with patched firmware)" status.

If running Windows, use the SDFtool Flasher... download & follow instructions in 1st post of that topic. Easy, peasy.
Last edited by d00zah on Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Coopervid

Post by Coopervid »

bubbascant wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:59 pm
I apologize and don't mean to frustrate anyone here.
I went to both pages of the links you sent and am not seeing any flash link or otherwise that d00zah posted.
The only thing I see with d00zah on the first link you sent is:
This Guide Is Made By: Billy/Billycar11, MartyMcNuts, Blackened2687, d00zah, mike admin, SamuriHL, st4evr, TeddyRaspin, Woodstock, Bluntman, Alex/jonghotti, garygomm

And I don't see anything with d00zah on the second link.

I'm so sorry. Are you saying he's posted this in another forum Post? Would you be able to provide that for me?

Really appreciate it and am sorry I'm not getting this solved.

Thanks so much.
READ! READ! Don't babble. If you follow the guide that's done within seconds. Reading takes minutes and writing here takes hours.