Pioneer BDR-XS08MB-S just arrived from Japan - No Libredrive yet but possibile

Discussion of LibreDrive mode, compatible drives and firmwares
Venturer

Post by Venturer »

See pics below

I think i'm one on the first in the world owning this drive and using it with MKV (at least on western world)

As you can see Libredrive is not yet enabled with MakeMKV

It has firmware 1.00 on it! I will not update it for now.

If you need beta testing this drive with MKV (to developers) i'm available

Thank you!

Venturer

Re: Pioneer BDR-XS08MB-S just arrived from Japan - No Libredrive yet but possibile

Post by Venturer »

I sent dump_FW_0C3A951F80CC2AAF7B53.tgz firmware 1.00 to 'support@makemkv.com'

Please add Libredrive support to MakeMKV to this drive!

Thank you!
Venturer

Re: Pioneer BDR-XS08MB-S just arrived from Japan - No Libredrive yet but possibile

Post by Venturer »

Also sent to support@makemkv.com firnware 1.01 executable downloaded from Pioneer Japan website (registration is a pain because of japanese letters) that is not available on worldwide/Usa website

Hope it helps!
zaqqaz6917

Post by zaqqaz6917 »

@Venturer
Can you return the drive?
If so then maybe you can get from one of the forum guaranteed to work sellers
Venturer

Post by Venturer »

@zaqqaz6917

I don't want to return the drive. I choose BDR-XS08MB-S because is the latest flagship from Pioneer (better than the current BDR-XS07). It's the best "slot in" reader/burner you can buy just now also for the quality of the hardware.
With the current firmware (1.00) it rips like a charm DVDs and Blu Rays Full HD. I have only fews UHD BD. I'm waiting for a libre drive support for this drive but i don't hold the breath for this!

It's really a superb drive!
zaqqaz6917

Post by zaqqaz6917 »

Venturer wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:07 pm
@zaqqaz6917

I don't want to return the drive. I choose BDR-XS08MB-S because is the latest flagship from Pioneer (better than the current BDR-XS07). It's the best "slot in" reader/burner you can buy just now also for the quality of the hardware.
With the current firmware (1.00) it rips like a charm DVDs and Blu Rays Full HD. I have only fews UHD BD. I'm waiting for a libre drive support for this drive but i don't hold the breath for this!

It's really a superb drive!
It's great that you love your drive.
It's also good that you posted the info here so others to whom UHD ripping is more vital can be wary of this drive.
It seems going forward Pioneer is not going to be Libre compatible out of the box at least for the time being.
Konten

Post by Konten »

I'm waiting for a libre drive support for this drive but i don't hold the breath for this!
I think LibreDrive support will eventually be possible for this drive as firmware 1.0 is dated 2022-10-11 which was before Pioneer implemented their 'fix'...

Just don't update to 1.01. in the meantime.
Venturer

Post by Venturer »

support@makemkv.com has the 1.00 firmware dump i sent

I uploaded also here the 1.00 Firmware dump if someone is interested making experiments with the code.

Edit: to this link i add also the 1.01 firmware executable (Windows) that is available only through Pioneer Japan website.
https://file.io/SDbjR63lUDcZ
Konten

Post by Konten »

Venturer wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:59 am
support@makemkv.com has the 1.00 firmware dump i sent

I uploaded also here the 1.00 Firmware dump if someone is interested making experiments with the code.

Edit: to this link i add also the 1.01 firmware executable (Windows) that is available only through Pioneer Japan website.
https://file.io/SDbjR63lUDcZ
This has been deleted... I think you need to set it to allow for multiple downloads...
Venturer

Post by Venturer »

Tried another upload service

Here's the 1.00 firmware dump and 1.01 firmware exe (Windows)
https://filetransfer.io/data-package/zajP4tYU#link

From the FAQs of this upload service it can be downloaded till 50 times.....so hurry up! :wink: :)
Desecrate5047

Post by Desecrate5047 »

In what ways is this better than the XS07? Faster read times? Quieter? Does it solve any annoying problems that the XS07 has? I was about to pull the trigger on the XS07 but if this is around the corner and solves a problem I'd rather not deal with, I'd rather wait a little bit.
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

Desecrate5047 wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 3:33 pm
In what ways is this better than the XS07? Faster read times? Quieter? Does it solve any annoying problems that the XS07 has? I was about to pull the trigger on the XS07 but if this is around the corner and solves a problem I'd rather not deal with, I'd rather wait a little bit.
I wouldn't go with this currently as it does not work with makemkv as you see the xs07 is very reliable I have tested hundreds.
I recommend buying the pioneer from a seller here as we are the only ones that can flash them currently and the new retail pioneers come with new unflashable fw
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
Venturer

Post by Venturer »

Desecrate5047 wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 3:33 pm
Does it solve any annoying problems that the XS07 has? I was about to pull the trigger on the XS07 but if this is around the corner and solves a problem I'd rather not deal with, I'd rather wait a little bit.
What are the problems with the XS07? Tell me and i can tell you if XS08 is affected!

If you have no hurry to rip UHD discs just now you can buy the XS08! I'm pretty sure support for UHD discs on XS08 will be added in the future but dunno when! Can be weeks, months or......years!
TheRickDeckard

Post by TheRickDeckard »

Venturer wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2023 10:41 am
Tried another upload service

Here's the 1.00 firmware dump and 1.01 firmware exe (Windows)
https://filetransfer.io/data-package/zajP4tYU#link

From the FAQs of this upload service it can be downloaded till 50 times.....so hurry up! :wink: :)
Hi, i've just bought the same unit in Akihabara.
Could you please share again both firmwares?

Here:
https://pioneer.jp/device_e/product-e/i ... 01r_e.html

This model is missing.
Thanks!