Pioneer BDR-XS08MB-S just arrived from Japan - No Libredrive yet but possibile

Discussion of LibreDrive mode, compatible drives and firmwares
TheRickDeckard

Re: Pioneer BDR-XS08MB-S just arrived from Japan - No Libredrive yet but possibile

Post by TheRickDeckard »

Thanks but link don't work for me (blank page), could please check it again?
TheRickDeckard

Re: Pioneer BDR-XS08MB-S just arrived from Japan - No Libredrive yet but possibile

Post by TheRickDeckard »

I'm very sorry, my VPN blocked the link, tried again without, download is working.
Thanks!
luckiestone

Post by luckiestone »

Nice drive. I got my BDR-XD08MB-S(clamshell version of yours) on Nov 2021, and at that time I didn't know a UHD friendly drive is needed if I'm going to rip UHD disks. So I sold it despite I love the drive, it's solid and looking premium.
Venturer

Post by Venturer »

luckiestone wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:25 am
Nice drive. I got my BDR-XD08MB-S(clamshell version of yours) on Nov 2021, and at that time I didn't know a UHD friendly drive is needed if I'm going to rip UHD disks. So I sold it despite I love the drive, it's solid and looking premium.
But Pioneer BDR-XS08MB-S is Libredrive capable. Simply it's not enabled yet! Hope for future firmware hack!
mrcobra92

Post by mrcobra92 »

Sorry to bump an old thread, but was libredrive ever enabled on this model?
Coopervid

Post by Coopervid »

No. We need to have firmware before Dec. 22 on a drive. Ideally posted somewhere so I can download. Mike can remotely allow Libredive on such drive and firmware. And yes, needs to be older than Dec. 2022.
mrcobra92

Post by mrcobra92 »

Coopervid wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:03 am
No. We need to have firmware before Dec. 22 on a drive. Ideally posted somewhere so I can download. Mike can remotely allow Libredive on such drive and firmware. And yes, needs to be older than Dec. 2022.
Got it, so I would need to find one of these with firmware before December 2022. Thanks for the update!
Coopervid

Post by Coopervid »

Unfortunately the makemkv dump of the firmware really doesn't help me. I would need a 1.00 flasher .exe. If your drive is still on 1.00 you should contact Mike. He will then send you a little program that sends the 1.00 firmware to his server and then he will add support for it. This does not apply for 1.01.