Firmware Update Timeline

Discussion of LibreDrive mode, compatible drives and firmwares
buchk

Firmware Update Timeline

Post by buchk »

One more question please... :-)

If I bought a Pioneer drive now from say Amazon and a new firmware has been released end of January (not LibreDrive enabled), should I expect it to already come with this new one or would it likely still have the old one?

Of course I know it's impossible to say really but I was just wondering what your general experience was of how long it takes for new firmware releases to filter down to retail stock. It could be quite a few months from manufacturing to finally get to the US warehouse probably by sea.
Woodstock

Re: Firmware Update Timeline

Post by Woodstock »

I take it that the FIRST message listed for this forum, Pioneer firmware update February 2023, isn't informative enough for you?
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
TeddyRaspin

Post by TeddyRaspin »

A further support of any fw version (Libredrive) will come soon, and when I say "soon" I mean few weeks, so I would
buy a Pioneer drive and patiently waiting.
buchk

Post by buchk »

Thank you very much Woodstock and Teddy!

I had read that post and that's why I asked the question about how long it would usually take for drives in the channel to have the latest firmware on them so that I might be in the clear even without the solution that's being worked on at the moment. :-)

But you are quite right, I'll buy the drive, keep my fingers crossed and if it's got the new firmware on it already, I'll just wait a few weeks.

Thanks again!
hydroptix

Post by hydroptix »

I just got a Pioneer BDR-XS07UHD from Platinum Micro on Amazon this week and it came with firmware 1.02 (libredrive compatible). Manufacture date is February 2023, so there's still some floating around with older firmware.
Probably currently watching Baby Driver on bluray, because all the streaming versions suck.