Buffalo ‎BRXL-PC6U2B (faster rip speed?)

Discussion of LibreDrive mode, compatible drives and firmwares
bubbleman

Buffalo ‎BRXL-PC6U2B (faster rip speed?)

Post by bubbleman »

I found my way here in trying to get some better ripping speeds for my Buffalo ‎BRXL-PC6U2B. It's an external optical drive that currently rips blu ray discs at about 5x.

From reading the topics on this forum on getting better speeds
1) a drive needs to be flashed with a compatible firmware to remove the limit the manufacturer's firmware imposes
2) the drive should be compatible with libredrive, as indicated in MakeMKV's LibreDrive Information

Just looking for some confirmation on this drive specifically, as I read the Buffalo drives might actually be white labeled LG drives. In MakeMKV, there is no section for LibreDrive Information so that would lead me to believe this drive doesn't qualify as described by the flashing guide in this forum.

Model: Buffalo ‎BRXL-PC6U2B

Drive Information
OS device name: \Device\CdRom2
Current profile: BD-ROM
Manufacturer: BUFFALO
Product: Optical Drive
Revision: 2.00
Serial number:
Bus encryption flags: 1F
Highest AACS version: 76
mike admin

Re: Buffalo ‎BRXL-PC6U2B (faster rip speed?)

Post by mike admin »

bubbleman wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:25 pm
In MakeMKV, there is no section for LibreDrive Information so that would lead me to believe this drive doesn't qualify as described by the flashing guide in this forum.
Yes, and this is very unusual. I haven't seen a BD drive on an unknown platform for a while. Any chance to open the enclosure and get a picture of the drive?