I need LG Flashing tool

Discussion of LibreDrive mode, compatible drives and firmwares
belfastgooner

I need LG Flashing tool

Post by belfastgooner »

I have an LG BDDVDRW UH12NS40 drive, still on v1.00 fw. I have downloaded the Libredrive 1.03 fw, but there is no accompanying flasher for the file. Where can I download the flasher from?
belfastgooner

Re: I need LG Flashing tool

Post by belfastgooner »

Okay, so this is not exactly the outcome I expected.

I found a download named "LG crossflash NS50_firmware_pack_with_patched_flasher.zip" at https://www84.zippyshare.com/v/7MsNUYNo/file.html (I hope its ok to post links). It extracted an .exe file of the same name. I ran this flasher, and loaded the .bin file I had downloaded (HL-DT-ST-BDDVDRW_UH12NS40-1.03-NM00800-212005080959.bin). I started the flash, which failed at 29% with an error message saying the drive would most likely be in "emergency state for flashing only".

So I was feeling a bit gutted at this stage. But I went ahead and put a dvd disc in the drive, and it loaded and played okay. I did the same with a bluray disc, which also played okay. But when I inserted a UHD disc, it loaded and I was able to rip it with MakeMKV. I checked the drive properties, and it had updated from v1.00 to v1.03. I really had expected it not to read the UHD disc at all. Needless to say, I'm a very happy bunny.
Woodstock

Re: I need LG Flashing tool

Post by Woodstock »

Why not use the flash utility included with MakeMKV?
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging