Asus BW-16D1HT 3.10 MK Sleep bug?

Discussion of LibreDrive mode, compatible drives and firmwares
littlewierdo

Asus BW-16D1HT 3.10 MK Sleep bug?

Post by littlewierdo »

I purchased an Asus drive, finally got around to installing it, popped in my Planet Earth II UHD disk and initially Make MKV read the disk. I stepped away, came back two hours later and the drive does not read the disk, nor can I eject the disk. I rebooted and attempted to eject the disk during post and the disk still refuses to eject. Nothing I do seems to get the disk tray to eject, I have even tried poking the hole to get the disk to eject, no dice, it just blinks rapidly for 20s or so and then stops, and the drive reports no disk. The drive is currently running 3.10 MK.

I don't want to deal with this issue in the future, is there anything I can do to remove this bug in the future? That is, unless there is something easy that I am missing to get my disk out of the drive?
Billycar11

Re: Asus BW-16D1HT 3.10 MK Sleep bug?

Post by Billycar11 »

You got other problems the tray should always open sleep bug does not make the tray not open the the pin hole has to work it's mechanical you may need a thicker and longer paper clip.
When you get the disc out return that drive and get a BU40N
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
littlewierdo

Post by littlewierdo »

Well, I might be contacting the guy I bought the drive thru, I bought it thru one of the approved sellers on this forum
littlewierdo

Post by littlewierdo »

Problem solved, bad SATA power cable.