3 questions I want to ask before flashing my drive

Discussion of LibreDrive mode, compatible drives and firmwares
pukulan10jurus

3 questions I want to ask before flashing my drive

Post by pukulan10jurus »

Hi, I want to flash my LG BH16NS55, but before I do, I have some final questions on which I either couldn't find an answer, found contradicting answers, or found answers that might be outdated. Sorry if this has been answered before.

1. Can I just keep flashing it over and over? Could I, let's say, flash it to DE firmware should I ever need DVDFab, and then flash back to MK firmware after? Or can flashing too often have negative results on the drive?

2. I noticed that in the Ultimate Flashing Thread the recommended firmware for this drive is WH16NS60 1.02MK instead of BH16NS55 1.05MK. Do I understand correctly crossflashing is advised over the firmware made for this drive? And if so, why? Are there any risks/drawback to this? I find the thought of cross-flashing a little scary, because of question 3, which is why I asked question 1. :wink:

3. Could flashing affect compatibility and playability of any discs I burn? I don't want any changes to the way discs are burned. I like what my drive outputs very much. I'm now on official firmware 1.03, so flashing to BH16NS55 1.02DE (before burning) should at least be safe in that department, right?
Billycar11

Re: 3 questions I want to ask before flashing my drive

Post by Billycar11 »

flash as little as possable

yes follow the guide it gets rid of the sleep bug and rips faster you can then go to 1.oo de for WH16NS60 after that

on an lg drive flashing to other lg firmware no you have to remember all these drives are exactly the same WH16NS40 WH14NS40 WH16NS60 BH16NS40.. same for the asus bw 16
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
pukulan10jurus

Re: 3 questions I want to ask before flashing my drive

Post by pukulan10jurus »

Thx for your response.

So if I want to be able to occasionally use DVDFab, what should I flash to? WH16NS60 1.02DE?