Slow 0.2x ripping even with LibreDrive... Why?

Discussion of LibreDrive mode, compatible drives and firmwares
Yoshihide

Slow 0.2x ripping even with LibreDrive... Why?

Post by Yoshihide »

Excited to see Pioneer drives finally supporting LibreDrive!

I was expecting it to rip at full speed now, but I'm still seeing the slow ripping speeds seen in Pioneer drives.
Even with LibreDrive enabled, ripping speed is down to 0.2x at a whopping 1053K/s, though initally it would rip at around 2.0X speed.

This has been the same before LibreDrive was supported, so I'm not seeing any improvements.
スクリーンショット 2022-03-12 13.05.40.png
スクリーンショット 2022-03-12 13.05.40.png (176.41 KiB) Viewed 5252 times
Why is this happening even with LibreDrive enabled?
Or do I need to change some settings to actually enable it?
Is the proprietary PureRead, quite spinning tech in these drives just don't play well with MakeMKV?
I was expecting dramatic improvements, but bummed that nothing has changed.

I also have an older USB2.0 based MATSUSHITA drive, though not LibreDrive compatible, would rip constantly at 2.0x making it much faster than the LibreDrive supported Pioneer drive.
Billycar11

Re: Slow 0.2x ripping even with LibreDrive... Why?

Post by Billycar11 »

try spped control it will override that pure read temp
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
Yoshihide

Post by Yoshihide »

Billycar11 wrote:
Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:54 am
Tried that with every possible combinations of PureRead ON/OFF, Spinning Speed Persistent Quiet/Quiet/Performance, including turning off both features but to no avail.
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

Yoshihide wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 8:09 am
Billycar11 wrote:
Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:54 am
Tried that with every possible combinations of PureRead ON/OFF, Spinning Speed Persistent Quiet/Quiet/Performance, including turning off both features but to no avail.
makemkv does complain the udf file system is not clean did you try another disc.
try an official bd not another disc made by a mitsubishi
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
Yoshihide

Post by Yoshihide »

Billycar11 wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 8:20 am
makemkv does complain the udf file system is not clean did you try another disc.
try an official bd not another disc made by a mitsubishi
Any retail BDs rip fast as it should.
DVD's are fast too, retail or recorded.
The problem is only with BD-RE discs recorded on a standard Blu-ray recorder.

Note that as written in the initial post, the same exact disc that rips slowly on the USB3.0 Pioneer drive, with or without LibreDrive, rips fast and flawlessly on an SATA or slower USB2.0 based drive that is NOT compatible with LibreDrive.

The disc is obviously not the cause of the problem but rather seems to be an issue with the combination of the Pioneer drive and MakeMKV, though I don't know if the particular drive itself is faulty or a compatibility issue in MakeMKV.
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

Yoshihide wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:32 am

Any retail BDs rip fast as it should.
DVD's are fast too, retail or recorded.
The problem is only with BD-RE discs recorded on a standard Blu-ray recorder.

Note that as written in the initial post, the same exact disc that rips slowly on the USB3.0 Pioneer drive, with or without LibreDrive, rips fast and flawlessly on an SATA or slower USB2.0 based drive that is NOT compatible with LibreDrive.

The disc is obviously not the cause of the problem but rather seems to be an issue with the combination of the Pioneer drive and MakeMKV, though I don't know if the particular drive itself is faulty or a compatibility issue in MakeMKV.
disable libredrive and see if its fixed
chiefbeats

Post by chiefbeats »

Perhaps this is what you are looking for?

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=22689

I always felt my drive wasn't ripping as fast as it could/should. I stumbled across this by accident, and it made all the difference! Now, my discs rip at max speed unless there is some characteristic of the disc that does not allow it to do so. You'll know it's working when the discs spin up! Hopefully this helps!
palescoot

Post by palescoot »

chiefbeats wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:37 am
Perhaps this is what you are looking for?

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=22689

I always felt my drive wasn't ripping as fast as it could/should. I stumbled across this by accident, and it made all the difference! Now, my discs rip at max speed unless there is some characteristic of the disc that does not allow it to do so. You'll know it's working when the discs spin up! Hopefully this helps!
This was exactly what I, an internet rando who made this account just now to reply to this post, was looking for. For anyone else like me, follow the quoted link.