Pioneer BDR-XD05 not recognized for LibreDrive

Discussion of LibreDrive mode, compatible drives and firmwares
fatebeats

Pioneer BDR-XD05 not recognized for LibreDrive

Post by fatebeats »

I have a Pioneer BDR-XD05, and it doesn't seem to work with LibreDrive. This is the output from MakeMKV:

Code: Select all

Drive Information
OS device name: I:
Current profile: BD-ROM
Manufacturer: PIONEER
Product: BD-RW BDR-XD05
Revision: 3.10
Serial number: RADL071189UC
Firmware date: 2017-06-22
Bus encryption flags: 1B
Highest AACS version: 62

LibreDrive Information
Drive platform: Pioneer RS8232
Firmware version: ID34
From the Pioneer drive thread, I thought this drive would work with LibreDrive. Is there something I'm doing wrong?
mike admin

Re: Pioneer BDR-XD05 not recognized for LibreDrive

Post by mike admin »

fatebeats wrote:
Fri Feb 25, 2022 12:11 am

From the Pioneer drive thread, I thought this drive would work with LibreDrive. Is there something I'm doing wrong?
Yes. The "keep fingers crossed" message was removed long ago, you have an ancient SDF.bin version .
Coopervid

Post by Coopervid »

fatebeats wrote:
Fri Feb 25, 2022 12:11 am
I have a Pioneer BDR-XD05, and it doesn't seem to work with LibreDrive. This is the output from MakeMKV:

Drive Information
OS device name: I:
Current profile: BD-ROM
Manufacturer: PIONEER
Product: BD-RW BDR-XD05
Revision: 3.10
Serial number: RADL071189UC
Firmware date: 2017-06-22
Bus encryption flags: 1B
Highest AACS version: 62

LibreDrive Information
Drive platform: Pioneer RS8232
Firmware version: ID34
Means you have enable Internet access for makemkv in plain English.
Wolf359

Post by Wolf359 »

I have this drive and Make MKV says the required Libre Drive Enabled message. I am just curious, with the current firmware the drive cannot do UltraHD Blu Rays at all. Is that a hardware limitation or a firmware limitation? Could someone "unlock" UltraHD blu rays with custom firmware? The reason I ask is because it CAN do BDXL. It can read in it's present condition BD-R TL and even QL. But it only can read BD-ROM up to DL. Again, could someone with more knowledge than me update the firmware to something that can do Ultra HD blu rays (BD-ROM TL and maybe even QL if that exists)? Sorry my understanding of how this all works is limited, so if this makes no sense, then disregard.
EDIT: Did some reading on Pioneer libre drives and it appears if I were on a different firmware it could read Ultra HD discs, correct? I am on 3.01 and would like to update to 3.10. Where can I get this firmware? I have searched the web. A few sketchy places have it, but don't want to install malware with my firmware.
aat92

Post by aat92 »

i have have the same drive. other people says oh cant read UHD discs natively there is no hope for this drive.

im hoping there is hope for this drive cause isnt a BDXL the same as a UHD disc is just encryption that blocks the data being read?

I have 3.10 and there isnt anymore difference to help read UHD discs but I do get support for LibreDrive on my Drive.

what are you trying to read using the BDR-XD05 in Libre mode?