MK Firmware 1.02 Corrupted on WH16NS60

Discussion of LibreDrive mode, compatible drives and firmwares
Glennery

MK Firmware 1.02 Corrupted on WH16NS60

Post by Glennery »

I do not have clear knowledge how it happened (possibly another Blu-Ray repper other than Make MKE?) The Drive was causing some problems with my system startup so it's now in an OWD case. I tried the flasher in the hopes of relashing the firmware but that was a non-started as it doesn't detect the drive. I can see it in make MKV but the drive nw only ejects media. Does anyone know if this drive can br brought back to a functioning state How I can get there?

Drive Information
OS device name: D:
Manufacturer: HL-DT-ST
Product: BD-RE WH16NS60
Revision: 1.02
Serial number: KLRL2I85057
Firmware date: 2118-10-29 19:36
Bus encryption flags: 17

LibreDrive Information
Drive platform: MT1959
Firmware type: Patched (microcode access re-enabled)
Firmware version: 1.02
DVD all regions: Yes
BD raw data read: Yes
BD raw metadata read: Yes
Unrestricted read speed: Yes

No disc inserted
Billycar11

Re: MK Firmware 1.02 Corrupted on WH16NS60

Post by Billycar11 »

Unplug case for a min to reboot it
Clean the discs
Clean the laser by taking the drive apart
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
Glennery

Post by Glennery »

The Drive was manufactured Feb, 2021it seems too early for it to fail, but I don't know if something happened in shipping, or sometimes defective parts end up in production. After dealing with system security preventing the app to run, I successfully reflashed the firmware. I would think that if it was corrupted there would have been an error message but the reflashing went like clockwork but it doesn't appear this changed anything. firmware seems fineIt could well be there is a physical problem with the laser, or some other issue separate from the firmware which I think is sad for such a new drive, but things like this do happen as well. It's only anecdotal, but I may try other vendors than Amazon. If you've ever read user reviews on some of the hard drives they sell, I think they get a fair number of low ratings. I had also ordered the OWC case about the same time I got the Blu-Ray, and it arrived without the rubber feet. I'm just saying.
Glennery

Post by Glennery »

Updagte:
I ended up returning the drive to LG via their swap program. The new drive arrived and I cross-graded the WH16NS40 v 1.05 encrypted firmware to WH16NS60 MK v 1.02. I believe I had to downgrade the firmware to get away from the encrypted versions then cross-graded to WH16NS60. I went to v1.00 before going to 1.02but I don't think that was necessary.

It would be cool and make the process les arduous to create a cheat sheet for users outlining the firmware hops required, the flasher to be used and the .bin files needed, but as there are many models and generations of firmware that manufacturers use over time, not to mention members' desired uses, setups and objectives on the forum, perhaps that's impractical. Yet given the right mindset and temperament, it can be a fun process.
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

Glennery wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 10:47 am
Updagte:
I ended up returning the drive to LG via their swap program. The new drive arrived and I cross-graded the WH16NS40 v 1.05 encrypted firmware to WH16NS60 MK v 1.02. I believe I had to downgrade the firmware to get away from the encrypted versions then cross-graded to WH16NS60. I went to v1.00 before going to 1.02but I don't think that was necessary.

It would be cool and make the process les arduous to create a cheat sheet for users outlining the firmware hops required, the flasher to be used and the .bin files needed, but as there are many models and generations of firmware that manufacturers use over time, not to mention members' desired uses, setups and objectives on the forum, perhaps that's impractical. Yet given the right mindset and temperament, it can be a fun process.
I guess the UHD guide recommend firmware chart does not exist even though it's linked below
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com