Seeking original firmware for WH14NS40

Discussion of LibreDrive mode, compatible drives and firmwares
Maxwelias

Seeking original firmware for WH14NS40

Post by Maxwelias »

I posted the following several days ago looking for help, but I've not received a response. As I'm no longer expecting an answer to my question, I would like to return my drive. However, ideally, I'd like to restore the original firmware. I stupidly did not make a backup at the time, as I never expected I'd face any issues.

Does anyone have the original firmware, and would flashing it be as simple as the original process using SDFtool Flasher?

Thanks.
Billycar11

Re: Seeking original firmware for WH14NS40

Post by Billycar11 »

You got answers from me and Marty.
But don't even bother flashing it back they don't check
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
Maxwelias

Post by Maxwelias »

Billycar11 wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:49 pm
You got answers from me and Marty.
But don't even bother flashing it back they don't check
Sorry about that. Not a regular user here. I guess I'm on a moderation of sorts so that my posts have to be approved. I think this topic was only approved after your previous response, so without that context, it might look like I'm not reading or following advice or that I'm just complaining to complain. I promise that I sincerely appreciate the help.

Thank you for letting me know that they won't bother checking. I assumed that would be the case, but I still felt uneasy about it.

Good thing because the flasher you linked me wouldn't work. It gave the following error:
Valid ATAPI device can not be found!!! F/W model is BD-RE WH14NS40.
Googling the error turns up a number of users who can't see their drives listed in explorer or who can read disks in safe mode. Neither of those apply to me. Hell, I tried booting my PC off of some old bootable disks I found laying around, and even that didn't work, so it's clearly not Windows-related.

Doesn't matter. I've requested a replacement through Amazon.
jcjordyn120

Post by jcjordyn120 »

I have the original firmware for my drive from before I LibreDrive'ed it. Bootloader included and read using SDFtool Flasher v1.3.3.

Code: Select all

Drive Information
OS device name: F:
Manufacturer: HL-DT-ST
Product: BD-RE WH14NS40
Revision: 1.05
Firmware date: 2120-05-06 14:44
Bus encryption flags: 17
Highest AACS version: 65