Sleep Bug Query - BW-16D1HT

Discussion of LibreDrive mode, compatible drives and firmwares
michaelsft

Sleep Bug Query - BW-16D1HT

Post by michaelsft »

Hi all, apologies if this is already taken care of, I've search a bunch of threads and some people are saying yes, some no so figured if I asked maybe someone could help. I have the following model that I flashed to 3.10 and as expected it has the sleep bug. It's not a huge deal but it's caught me out once or twice and the drive makes some terrible noises when it does! I just wondered if it had been figured out yet so a firmware version that works with makemkv at 4k, keeps it as an ASUS model and also gets rid of the sleep bug?

Last time I was here gathering information it didn't seem like it was possible but I guess things might have changed!

Again, sorry if this is a super annoying post but if anyone itk is kind enough to advise I'd appreciate it. I went looking through the new option post but I think that was for cross flashing and I'm not sure if that's someone I want to do...

Thanks!

Drive Information
Manufacturer: ASUS
Product: BW-16D1HT
Revision: 3.10
Firmware date: 2119-01-04 10:14
Bus encryption flags: 1F
Highest AACS version: 61

LibreDrive Information
Drive platform: MT1959
Firmware type: Patched (microcode access re-enabled)
Firmware version: 3.10
DVD all regions: Yes
BD raw data read: Yes
BD raw metadata read: Yes
Unrestricted read speed: Yes
d00zah

Re: Sleep Bug Query - BW-16D1HT

Post by d00zah »

The most straight forward fix is to simply open/close the tray before use when the drive has been idle > 2min.

Otherwise, the Ultimate UHD Drives Flashing Guide Updated 2021 says:

Sleep Bug Fix:

To fix the sleep bug on a UHD Friendly drive flash firmware from an UHD Official drive like WH16NS60 DE 1.00 or 1.01MK

which could potentially cause issues w/ other apps expecting a 'friendly' drive.
michaelsft

Post by michaelsft »

Hi, yeah I have to just remember to do the open close thing. I don't use it often so sometimes I forget and then it sounds dreadful but it is what it is!

Not really fancy cross flashing, seems like it could cause more problems.

Thanks for the reply!
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

michaelsft wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:38 am
Hi, yeah I have to just remember to do the open close thing. I don't use it often so sometimes I forget and then it sounds dreadful but it is what it is!

Not really fancy cross flashing, seems like it could cause more problems.

Thanks for the reply!
Don't forget you asus is a LG
Says so right on the label
No harm comes from crosflashing unless you use anydvd
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com