Libredrive version v6

Discussion of LibreDrive mode, compatible drives and firmwares
SamuriHL

Re: Libredrive version v6

Post by SamuriHL »

Just try to rip Aquaman as an ISO on my NS60. I got about 38% or so done before the drive went nutty and threw read errors. So yes, triple layer discs at super high speed is probably not majorly awesome. But, if we can set the max read speed I bet we can get it a bit higher than "normal" and still have success. I'd love a build where we can try. :D
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

SamuriHL wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 1:09 am
Just try to rip Aquaman as an ISO on my NS60. I got about 38% or so done before the drive went nutty and threw read errors. So yes, triple layer discs at super high speed is probably not majorly awesome. But, if we can set the max read speed I bet we can get it a bit higher than "normal" and still have success. I'd love a build where we can try. :D
Yeah, something like a dropdown box similar to what imgburn has for the write speed would be great! As far as placement goes, maybe put it next to the eject button?

I dunno.... just a couple of suggestions anyway....
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Yea that would be fantastic. Maybe some day once we have more data about what's "safe" and what isn't LibreDrive could automagically set the max speed based on media type (double, triple, quad, super duper holy hell, etc :D). But for now to get that data, having an option to select it yourself would be nice.
KenVal

Post by KenVal »

Downloaded link on mac says unsupported format ?
bmillham

Post by bmillham »

I tested a few BD and DVDs and Wow, what a difference.

Then for fun I tried a few of my UHDs that would not rip due to disc errors (even after a good cleaning). 2 of the 4 that I tried now rip.

One of the discs was Call of the Wild, so I only tried it a week ago. Before updating to LD 6 it would not rip. After LD 6, ripped with some AV sync errors (around 10:46, 10:47) but the final rip plays. The other one was ZombieLand Double Tab. I don't remember how long ago it was that I tried that rip last time.

I reported way back when LD first came out that I needed to clean UHD discs less. Looks like LD 6 has improved on that :D
Coopervid

Post by Coopervid »

Could you please let us know which drive and which firmware was used in your case? Thanks!
bmillham

Post by bmillham »

Coopervid wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 8:00 pm
Could you please let us know which drive and which firmware was used in your case? Thanks!
Sure. I'm using Linux.

Code: Select all

Drive Information
OS device name: /dev/sr0
Manufacturer: HL-DT-ST
Product: BD-RE WH16NS40
Revision: 1.02
Serial number: SIK9LH3D8401
Firmware date: 2115-12-11 14:59
Bus encryption flags: 17
Highest AACS version: 72

LibreDrive Information
Drive platform: MT1959
Firmware type: Original (unpatched)
Firmware version: 1.02
DVD all regions: Yes
BD raw data read: Yes
BD raw metadata read: Yes
Unrestricted read speed: Yes
allomere

Post by allomere »

For folks with an NS60, which firmware do you recommend using to test this? 1.00 or MK 1.02? And are there any pros/cons to using one or the other?
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

1.02mk if you only use makemkv 1.00 for others no advantage or disadvantage other then 1.00 having more compatibility and 1.02mk being a single downgrade step.
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
dash16

Post by dash16 »

jonghotti wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 6:58 pm
macOS 10.15.4
BU40N slim drive unrestricted drive speed = NO
WH16NS60 = YES
How do you enable v6 in macOS? Do you have to replace some files inside the package contents of the app itself? Is there a data folder somewhere outside the app that I can drop the v6 sdf bin?

edit: Never mind, I'm an idiot and answered my own question after digging into it. In case anyone else is stupid like me, check your app preferences on the General tab, 'MakeMKV data directory' will show the path you need to place the SDF file into.

Code: Select all

/Users/~/Library/MakeMKV
I got up to 14x on a DVD read, ripped a movie in under 5 minutes! Still chasing that high.
Product: BD-RE WH14NS40
Revision: 1.04
Unrestricted read speed: Yes
TeddyRaspin

Post by TeddyRaspin »

I've successfully ripped The Equalizer UHD (97 GB size disc) with both MakeMKV and IMGBurn and I have been
very impressed by the ripping speed which has reached 12x !!! (over 50 MB/s).

No issues at all using 3 different LG burners crossflashed to WH16NS60 1.02 MK firmware. :D
nkley

Post by nkley »

I'm trying to rip the 4K UHD version of Parasite from the disc, but when I open up MakeMKV 1.15.1, it says it cannot open the disc. Is LibreDrive the solution?
crater

Post by crater »

My WH16NS40 also seems to be having trouble on layer change using v6. Read speed immediately drops down to 2.0x for the rest of the session. For now I'll be sticking with v5 (at least for DL disks). Read speeds on the first layer were quite amazing though. Nearly got to 11.0x!

Edit: After some more testing, I think the disk itself was damaged and causing problems. Tried another disk and it ripped Blade Runner 2049 in under 23 minutes! 8) Max speed was 12.5x!!
supersonik

Post by supersonik »

BH16NS55 1.04 + v6 40mb/s+ on bd50

i'm enjoying it already. thanks
TheDarkKnight

Post by TheDarkKnight »

Is there any news when the Pioneer BDR-211UBK drive will be supported?