Libre drive Belgium

Discussion of LibreDrive mode, compatible drives and firmwares
Fenstehelpok

Libre drive Belgium

Post by Fenstehelpok » Sat Jun 01, 2024 8:53 pm

Hi,

I Am looking for a libredrive for my blu ray collection. I live in Belgium. Any recommendations? Looking for something that isnt to expensive but will be able to work for years to come. Size or formfactor doesnt matter as long as it keeps the price down.

Thanks! :mrgreen:

dcoke22

Re: Libre drive Belgium

Post by dcoke22 » Sun Jun 02, 2024 5:33 pm

The Ultimate UHD Drives Flashing Guide has a list of drives that can work with MakeMKV and instructions on how to flash them to be able to rip 4K UHDs. The Guide is quite information dense, so you might have to read it a couple of times before it starts reveal its secrets. :)

If you're looking for the 'best' drive for ripping, that's a Pioneer drive. Unfortunately, a recent Pioneer firmware update prevents the drives from being able to rip UHDs. Pioneer firmware update February 2023

You can still get Pioneer drives from the sellers here on this forum. For Europe, that's Asmcom. The first post in their thread is kept up to date and has contact info (it seems they're on holiday until June 17).

The sellers typically test every drive to verify it works and make sure the appropriate firmware is on the drive.