I flashed the firmware correct but it still is locked.

Discussion of LibreDrive mode, compatible drives and firmwares
flymetothemoon

I flashed the firmware correct but it still is locked.

Post by flymetothemoon » Sat May 18, 2024 5:13 am

Hi
I purchased ( another ) LG BH16NS55 to have a second drive in case of failure to the one I already owned. That one was unlocked with firmware back in 2021 I think
This new purchase has the same revision 1.05 and afaik is identical except for manufacture date ( this one March 2024 )
I had a problem flashing with version 1.35, it got to 98% real quick and threw an error. The drive remained in working state. So I tried other PC's and changing sata ports etc, it still was doing this error ( command produced error code 0xff056103)

I decided to try the old flash tool 1.2 and this time the flash process finished normally. However the make mkv status says that it is still "possible not yet enabled"
So 4K discs will not decrypt.
I put in a standard Blu-ray and makemkv stores a firmware dump on my PC and told me to send to an email. Is that something that will actually be looked at ? Was it support@makemkv.com?

What could I have done wrong and I dont know how to tell what fw I have now, it says Firmware date: 2120-06-18 13:42 but I dont know what it was to begin with.

MartyMcNuts

Re: I flashed the firmware correct but it still is locked.

Post by MartyMcNuts » Sat May 18, 2024 7:00 am

flymetothemoon wrote:
Sat May 18, 2024 5:13 am
Hi
I purchased ( another ) LG BH16NS55 to have a second drive in case of failure to the one I already owned. That one was unlocked with firmware back in 2021 I think
This new purchase has the same revision 1.05 and afaik is identical except for manufacture date ( this one March 2024 )
I had a problem flashing with version 1.35, it got to 98% real quick and threw an error. The drive remained in working state. So I tried other PC's and changing sata ports etc, it still was doing this error ( command produced error code 0xff056103)

I decided to try the old flash tool 1.2 and this time the flash process finished normally. However the make mkv status says that it is still "possible not yet enabled"
So 4K discs will not decrypt.
I put in a standard Blu-ray and makemkv stores a firmware dump on my PC and told me to send to an email. Is that something that will actually be looked at ? Was it support@makemkv.com?

What could I have done wrong and I dont know how to tell what fw I have now, it says Firmware date: 2120-06-18 13:42 but I dont know what it was to begin with.
Show us your drive info in MakeMKV.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com

flymetothemoon

Re: I flashed the firmware correct but it still is locked.

Post by flymetothemoon » Sat May 18, 2024 7:40 am

Appreciate the reply.
I do have to say that I found the reason was that I flashed the model number file.... which I see is actually incorrect as per the post on top of page here viewtopic.php?f=16&t=22896&sid=c827cf3b ... start=1020

I have to agree, and although the correct information was posted in another thread, I agree that it caused me to waste time and your efforts as well.

I now succeeded by using "BH16NS55 on any Firmware directly to > WH16NS60 1.02MK"