ddrescue shows 0 errors/100% rescued on Libre-enabled drive, but makemkv fails with hashcheck errors

Discussion of LibreDrive mode, compatible drives and firmwares
jtsapps217

Re: ddrescue shows 0 errors/100% rescued on Libre-enabled drive, but makemkv fails with hashcheck errors

Post by jtsapps217 »

I am trying to backup a disc that has hashcheck read errors. I need to bless the disc in order to create a ISO of it and then MKV.

How do I "bless" the disc with makemkvcon?

I've read people doing this but cannot see how to.

Thank you.
jtsapps217

Re: ddrescue shows 0 errors/100% rescued on Libre-enabled drive, but makemkv fails with hashcheck errors

Post by jtsapps217 »

Thanks for the reply. Which option, precisely, is the "bless" part? Is it "info disc:0" through the makemkvcon.exe ?
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

I think yes. I believe what's going on is you're forcing MakeMKV to 'touch' the disc and thus enable Libredrive so as to go around bus encryption and other things that might invalidate the bytes about to be read from the disc.

I'm trying to not say something wrong, as we're at the very edge of my island of knowledge on this topic. Hopefully other more knowledgeable folks will chime in.