LibreDrive with burn quality verification function

Discussion of LibreDrive mode, compatible drives and firmwares
Wacholek

LibreDrive with burn quality verification function

Post by Wacholek »

Hello everyone,
Two years ago I bough BH16NS55 and crosshatched it to WH16NS58 with V1.05 MK firmware. As far as I know this is the only firmware that support Quality Control function in OptiDrive Control.
This firmware unfortunately does not have the best write strategy and speed. On the same drive BW-16D1HT v3.10MK firmware has batter quality burn capability with higher speeds. Can burn 12x on 6x BD and 8x on 4x M-Disc without loosing quality of the burn. Unfortunately, I have to re-flash it every time when I wont to test the quality of the disc.
So can someone provide a list of the drives that has a Quality Control function enabled and can be still bought new?
dcoke22

Re: LibreDrive with burn quality verification function

Post by dcoke22 »

Pioneer drives are currently considered the best both for burning discs as well as ripping them. I can't say if current Pioneer drives work with Opti Drive Control, however.

If you want a Pioneer drive that supports LibreDrive, so it can rip 4K UHDs, you have to get (a modern) one with an older firmware. A recent Pioneer firmware update was released specifically to disable it. Your best bet is to get one from a seller in your region.

If you don't care about LibreDrive, a modern Pioneer drive should work for DVDs and regular blu-rays out of the box, no flashing necessary.
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

the pioneer 212v can do that but if you flash it to do UHD it no longer can.
im sure mike could cookup some 212v fusion fw to do UHD and quality checks but i dont see it happening

the only drive that can do everything currently is the one you have but as you see its not very good at anything
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
Wacholek

Post by Wacholek »

I recently tested a BDR-X13E-S unfortunately with v 1.04 firmware so no LibreDrive. But I burn few discs from my last purchase. There was some very bad RITEK discs, my personally the best Panasonic 1-6x 25GB MEIRA1 and some new Verbatim M-DISC. And I was surprised by the quality of the burn. There was no obvious difference between my BH16NS55 with BW-16D1HT FW and this BDR-X13E-S. Poor quality discs like RITEK wash equally badly burned on BDR-X13E-S.
Unfortunately I do not have any other drive to test than my WH16NS58. Nevertheless, I returned this BDR-X13E-S from the obvious reason and I really struggle with the idea to pay triple the price for the Pioneer since my BH16NS55 with the right FW can record M-DISC on 8x speed and maintain high quality burn. Maybe I will by BW-16D1H-U Pro and hope It will have a BW-16D1HT drive inside.