Is Verbatim 43888 sufficient for ripping some 4k UHD discs for Plex

Discussion of LibreDrive mode, compatible drives and firmwares
Kezza

Is Verbatim 43888 sufficient for ripping some 4k UHD discs for Plex

Post by Kezza »

Hi all,

New here and and have been reading a lot of the forum trying to understand what I need.

The impression I am getting is that the Verbatim 43888 can read UHD drives and is LiberDrive compatible out of the box, which should be all I need in order to rip some 4K blurays to store on my plex server.

Is there anything I am not understanting, or is it worth getting a different drive. I am not intending on ripping blurays constantly, its just for the movies that I want to have in the highest quality possible.

Any advice is appreciated greatly
MartyMcNuts

Re: Is Verbatim 43888 sufficient for ripping some 4k UHD discs for Plex

Post by MartyMcNuts »

Kezza wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2024 12:13 am
Hi all,

New here and and have been reading a lot of the forum trying to understand what I need.

The impression I am getting is that the Verbatim 43888 can read UHD drives and is LiberDrive compatible out of the box, which should be all I need in order to rip some 4K blurays to store on my plex server.

Is there anything I am not understanting, or is it worth getting a different drive. I am not intending on ripping blurays constantly, its just for the movies that I want to have in the highest quality possible.

Yep, works fine.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG + Others) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://uhdenableddrives.com
Kezza

Re: Is Verbatim 43888 sufficient for ripping some 4k UHD discs for Plex

Post by Kezza »

MartyMcNuts wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2024 12:38 am
Kezza wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2024 12:13 am
Hi all,

Yep, works fine.
Great thanks, will go with that then!